It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 266
<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
meme meme for everything, I hope it trends because I made it myself... as you can imagine that took hours.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
9 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks to the southeast of Siversk and around Bakhmut.

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks north of Donetsk City and southwest of Donetsk City near the Zaporizhia-Donetsk Oblast border.

* Several large explosions hit Russian positions near Sevastopol and north of Crimea, but Russia did not blame Ukraine for them and Ukraine has not taken credit for them.

* Russia launched a surveillance satellite for Iran.

* Western media has reported that a Ukrainian counteroffensive is underway near Izyum, but the Ukrainian General Staff was notably completely silent about the area in its evening report.

* Russian sources suggested that recently-formed volunteer battalions are responsible for much of the Izyum sector.

* Ukrainian officials claimed that Russian forces continued to fire artillery systems from the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.

* Russian officials are continuing to take prominent roles in preparing for the sham referenda in Russian-occupied regions despite Kremlin claims that Russia is not conducting the referenda.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I like the design, 6 tubes ...imagine 10 these drones flying above Russians in dark .

Ukrainian drone delivery service is sure a sight to behold.

edit on 10-8-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

That's a poor man's drone. This is what I call a high grade drone.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The airbase attack was good , they really caused a lot damage .

Putin Loses 9 Military Planes in One Day After Crimea Explosion: Report

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Satelite photos, taken 24 hours apart, of two different areas of the base that were struck with precision. By my count, there are 17 destroyed jets and 2 intact jets that likely sustained damage. Also a few buildings leveled: one source claims that 100 caliber cruise missles were stored in one of the warehouses.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Somebody was careless about fire safety.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Easily built in factory within a month.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
seeing a number of unconfirmed reports that the Ziabrauka air.base in Belarus has experienced several explosions...this is the air base that russia is operating out of.

#BREAKING! At Ziabrauka military air base, #Homiel region, southeastern #Belarus, there are reports of multiple explosions happening tonight. This air base has been used by the #Russia|n air force for conducting aircraft sorties to bomb #Ukraine:

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Putin supposedly crapped his pants after heard after this attack

Careful Vlad, you may give FJB as run in this ............

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sifcross

Single use drones. And you say they are expensive?

No wonder they are putting rubber sheets in their “reactive tank armor”

Seems they consider their fighters as single use drones as well.

I am so amazed at the fight the Ukrainians are putting up against these invaders.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Oh yeah! Lookin' good.

Ukrainian special operators must be quite competent.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
10 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian officials remain confused about the August 9 attack on the Saki Air Base in Russian-occupied Crimea, over 225km behind Russian lines, which destroyed at least eight Russian aircraft and multiple buildings.

* The Kremlin’s changing plans suggest that occupying forces are most likely to move up the date of the annexation referenda in occupied Ukraine. Annexation makes it harder to imagine any negotiated settlement to the war on any terms that Ukraine or the West could accept, demonstrating that the Kremlin is fundamentally unserious about ending the war on any terms short of a Ukrainian surrender.

* Iran reportedly began training Russian forces on Iranian UAV systems in recent weeks, demonstrating the deepening military cooperation between Iran and Russia.

* Russian forces conducted ground attacks west of Izyum.

* Russian forces continued limited ground assaults northeast and west of Bakhmut and likely made marginal gains in these areas.

* Russian forces made marginal gains northwest of Donetsk City and are continuing attempts to push northwestward from current footholds on the outskirts of Donetsk City.

* Russian forces conducted multiple unsuccessful offensives north and northeast of Kharkiv City.

* Russian forces conducted an unsuccessful reconnaissance-in-force operation in northwestern Kherson Oblast

* Russia’s Oryol Oblast is reportedly forming a volunteer battalion.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes but how long will it be before he decides to take out who is supplying and targeting them? they are fighting this war with one hand tied behind their back.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Putin seems to have his hands plenty full just trying to subdue Ukraine.

Sure, broadening the war is one of his options. Doubt it work well for him.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Yes but how long will it be before he decides to take out who is supplying and targeting them? they are fighting this war with one hand tied behind their back.

Well, Ukraine is now being armed with modern Western weapons from NATO and other partners. Something Putin's foolish war was supposed to prevent happening. Russia is now being rendered assistance from Iran and North Korea. Iran will supply drones, and North Korea will apparently provide slave labour to rebuild what Russian forces have destroyed.

Russia are not fighting with a hand tied behind their back. They are fighting after they lobotomised themselves, such is the utter stupidity of starting this war.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Recent TOS thermobaric salvo on what look like already bombed to hell blocks of flats in the area of Pisky,Donetsk-
Just the drone footage here:

Footage but with maps and a few more details of area and attack included,although its from one of those annoying auto generated/AI/Bot reports:

Second video claims the Russians thought Ukrainian soldiers were in the area.
Crazy weapons,they are like the micro nukes from Fallout but without the radiation and they can be launched in quick succession.
Not much chance anyone in that whole area survived.
Brutal

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

They can't beat the Ukrainian military, so they beat Ukrainian civilians.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sifcross

I'm in the drone business and they are still crappy drones, like 15 years ago type tech. Today I can read you T-shirt at 3 miles with a 150 pound drone.
edit on 11-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Could you ever imagine a situation whereby NATO or even the US by itself was ever in a situation where it required assistance from nations like Iran and North Korea?

Pitiful.

<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join