It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: merka

Wut? ATACMS? Not howitzers?

Again, is there even ATACMS in Ukraine? As I said, I thought the US only sent regular short range missiles to them. ATACMS is an entirely different configuration with a single missile vs the 6 or whatever it is normally.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Short range?

Ukraine special forces and disaffected sabatuers are kicking your sorry arses.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Short range?

Ukraine special forces and disaffected sabatuers are kicking your sorry arses.

Cripes, I quoted a post and questioned that HIMARS (with the normal missile config and for the freaking third time does Ukraine even have ATACMS??? I've heard them talk about sending it but havent seen them saying it's there) and especially artillery could reach 200km into Crimea.

What even is your response. It probably being saboteurs had nothing to do with it.
edit on 20-8-2022 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ahem. My response mentioned sabatuers? Having something to do with it?

Can you not read, man?

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ahem. My response mentioned sabatuers? Having something to do with it?

Can you not read, man?

Nothing to do *with the argument*, which wasnt about the most plausible explanation.

I give up, maybe someone else can fill in whether Ukraine actually has that particular type of HIMARS or not, or some other magical artillery that can fire at targets 200km away.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Sabatage ffs?

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
I give up, maybe someone else can fill in whether Ukraine actually has that particular type of HIMARS or not, or some other magical artillery that can fire at targets 200km away.
Denys in Ukraine (I posted one of his videos on previous page) said that "officially" Ukraine does not have the long range ATACMS missiles for HIMARs yet (leaving open a possibility that they had received some surreptitiously, but he thought that unlikely). He suggested the other two alternatives I mentioned I think, either long range drones or Ukraine special forces, to explain all the mysterious explosions in Crimea.
edit on 2022820 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Darya Dugin 'assassinated in attack meant for her father Alexander

www.aa.com.tr...

Yikes, Aleksandr is a kind of modern day Rasputin.

Preliminary reports said she died instantly. The elder Dugin has arrived at the scene, according to a video on social media.

Putins Rasputin just watched his daughter die in an assassins attempt on his life.

Who the hell authorised that hit?.. you're about to have Putins Wrath come looking for you!

a botched/succesful assasination attempt in a vehicle.. where have I heard that introduction before?!

edit on 20-8-2022 by Agit8dCh0p because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Saki airfield is about 200km from the closest frontline. The HIMARS in Ukraine has some 80km range I think?

So that ought to be a little hard unless the HIMARS vehicles are *inside* Crimea...

Maybe, well unless they already got the 300km HIMARs

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
20 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian occupation officials in Crimea reported another drone attack on the Russian Black Sea Fleet Headquarters in Sevastopol and are likely considering strengthening security on the peninsula.

* Russian forces conducted unsuccessful assaults across the Eastern Axis.

* Russian forces attempted limited, failed assaults north of Kharkiv City.

* Russian forces failed to advance after several assaults northwest of Kherson City and east of Mykolaiv City.

* Ukrainian forces continued to strike Russian ammunition depots and positions in Kherson and Zaporizhia Oblasts.

* Russian and proxy forces are continuing mobilization efforts, including forced mobilization in occupied territories and advertising campaigns.

* Russian occupation authorities continued coercive measures to force civilian cooperation with the occupation administrations.

* Conditions in occupied territories continued to deteriorate, indicating ineffective governance.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dCh0p

Murdering children seems to be the thing these days. Is this a just war?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Murdering children seems to be the thing these days.

She was 30 years old, hardly a child, and she has been very vocal in her support of the invasion of Ukraine.
Her father is probably the single biggest influence on Putin and his dreams of a Greater Russia etc.

I'm sure if you're homeland was being invaded you'd consider them legitimate targets?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning targeting civilians....but I certainly understand why Ukrainians and/or their sympathisers may be doing this.

Is this a just war?

I guess the starting point in determining that is asking the guy who started it; Putin.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Is there evidence of Dugin really being very close to Putin though? I used to think that too but what if it was just rumors?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The question I posed yesterday asking how the attacks in Crimea were carried out may have been partially answered by Denys today; he says cheap Chinese drones were apparently used and shows a photo and some video of the drones.

Update from Ukraine | Cheap China Drone Hit the Marine Commend center in Crimea.

Here are some highlights from the video I found interesting, with time indexes:

6:35
Denys shows a picture of the cheap Chinese Drone suspected of being used on Crimea
-Costs no more than $10,000
-Program in coordinates, can descend to them to deliver 7kg payload (Doesn't say what the payload is, C4?)

Shows photos of Russian antiaircraft systems in use, so they are shooting some of these down, or trying to. Maybe getting some but not all?
HIMARS rockets are about $170,000 each so a salvo of 6 of them is about $1,000,000.
For the same $1,000,000 they could launch 100 of these drones, wouldn't that overwhelm air defenses to have so many targets at once? Some would get through and hit their target I think. Might also have a psychological impact to use such large numbers.

6:43
Shows a clip in Kyiv showing a "parade" of destroyed russian vehicles
August 24th is Ukraine's independence day

7:17 video of Chinese drones flying toward Sevastopol
7:24 video of the smoke column in Sevastopol after the drone hit headquarters of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet.

8:00
Clip of a beautiful russian video blogger who went to the beach in Crimea to relax and she sees Russian anti-aircraft rockets firing and starts freaking out that she needs to get the #$%@ out of there.

Another video showing the smoke column in Sevastopol and talking about the psychological impact of the Crimea attacks:

Ukraine's Crimean fightback having 'psychological impact' on Russia - BBC News

It also talks about the situation at the Zaporizha nuclear power plant. Apparently surviving war is not really something nuclear plant designers can put into the plant design to ensure 100% safety of not having an accident. Fukushima showed us that if a nuclear plant loses power it may be impossible to shut it down safely.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What do these 3 cities have in common?

Grozny - Chechnya 1995.

Aleppo - Syria 2012.

Mariupol - Ukraine 2022.

Answer: Russia destroyed them all.

Glasnost Gone

Russia is like habitual offender, repeat offender, or career criminal . It does the same crime again and again ---

Now make a list of all the cities and towns the USA destroyed and the millions of people they left displaced... oh wait the USA destroyed all those cities in the name of freedom, I forgot

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

This thread is about Russia and Ukraine, not your beefs with the USA.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

A slight aside: I've noticed RT has been missing for over 2 weeks now?
Has he become a victim to one of Putin's purges?
Is he in rehab?
The Kremilin struggling for new propaganda?

I miss his Vodka Sundays....it was quite funny watching the effect of his drinking growing steadily as the day wore on.

I hope he's back soon.

edit on 21/8/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: MisguidedAngel

This thread is about Russia and Ukraine, not your beefs with the USA.

That's true, but my point still stands, just pointing out all the hypocrisy

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
twitter.com... suposedly there is now active resistance and insurgency in russia they are apparently calling themselves the NRA (national republican army) they posted a manifesto for what its worth

twitter.com... their stated goal is the over throw of putin and to get russia back into being a "democratic western nation" among other things

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

A slight aside: I've noticed RT has been missing for over 2 weeks now?
Has he become a victim to one of Putin's purges?
Is he in rehab?
The Kremilin struggling for new propaganda?

I miss his Vodka Sundays....it was quite funny watching the effect of his drinking growing steadily as the day wore on.

I hope he's back soon.

more like he is using another account lol.

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join