It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

they would be more likely to invade china.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Interestingly enough being that they share a border, China could march 500 million right into Russia and have all the resources they could ever need without diplomacy, but Russia is nuclear so that's a gamble.

There doesn't even have to be a war, just simply march people across the border. It can be done all at one time (a fabricated disaster in China say) or they can just use gradual replacement method albeit at an accelerated rate.

edit on 4-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Those Russians not targeting civilians and residential areas, again. Or apparently not:

BBC News - Ukraine war: No sleep in Ukraine’s relentlessly bombed city
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted, a little surprising actually. I post this because unlike what many may think by my posts, I don't support Ukraine outright. I think they are in the right in this war as from everything I know and have learned, Russia made maybe the largest miscalculation of offensive foreign policy decision since the little guy with the funny moustache choose to go over the Polish border back in the early 40's and extend some German love, Nazi style to the Russia people. He had beefs for sure, but none that rose to the need to roll 200K or so men over the Ukrainian border in February

www.amnesty.org...

I trust Amnesty International for the most part. They say and prove a lot of things that folks of every stripe and bent get upset over cause they often tell the truth.

I 100% get that none of this would be happening if Russia had not invaded and that Ukrainians are defending their homes.

The schools, I don't get too concerned over as there are no kids. Keep that a bare minimum though because most schools are in peoples neighbourhoods where the kids live if they aren't being invaded by Russia But Hospitals is always a no unless, like the schools are, it's empty and abandoned.

I also get that this is total war, except for the air. No, Russia hasn't declared it a war but the Ukrainians are fighting with total war because it's their home. And well, Russians haven't ever really shown too many #s about civilians when it comes to war. Like..... ever.

Things are going to happen inside civilian areas in a war like this. Civilian casualties are going to happen. But the Ukrainians would be better served by doing their best to avoid causing as many as possible, otherwise, they risk losing support in the countries that are making it capable for them to fight the Russians.

edit on 4-8-2022 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: yuppa

Interestingly enough being that they share a border, China could march 500 million right into Russia and have all the resources they could ever need without diplomacy, but Russia is nuclear so that's a gamble.

There doesn't even have to be a war, just simply march people across the border. It can be done all at one time (a fabricated disaster in China say) or they can just use gradual replacement method albeit at an accelerated rate.

Then they run into the same problems of Germany when they invaded. If they did that the rest of the world should stand back and let them toast each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

The ugly fact is, when armies clash, civilians are in the way. Ukraine IMO did a lot to get the women and children out of the conflict zones.

Personal comment: I became disillusioned years ago with organizations like Amnesty. Some people I knew were dealing with clear cut cases of human rights abuse in WESTERN Europe, and talking to Amnesty and like organizations, it quickly became clear that the country involved was somehow protected from their inquiries/oversight. I concluded it either had to do with who funded the organizations, or willful blindness on the part of the organizations.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
4 August Update

Key Takeaways

* Ukraine is likely seizing the strategic initiative and forcing Russia to reallocate forces and reprioritize efforts in response to Ukrainian counteroffensive operations.

* Russian forces attempted to advance northwest of Izyum.

* Ukrainian forces conducted a series of localized counterattacks between Izyum and Slovyansk and regained positions in a number of settlements.

* Russian forces continued ground attacks northeast and south of Bakhmut.

* Russian troops continued attempts to advance on Pisky and conducted a limited ground attack southwest of Donetsk City.

* Russian forces continued to transfer equipment and personnel to northeastern Kherson and western Zaporizhia Oblasts.

More at URL above

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I pretty much agree with everything you said man. It's why I said I trust Amnesty for the most part. They have done some shady stuff over the years but they do good work as well.

And the Ukrainians did a great job to get as many civilians outta harms way as possible. Particularly considering hey were under fire a lot of the time while trying to get them out. I actually wondered how many of these instances were from the foreign volunteer units and how many of the locals where actually OK with what was happening. Amnesty doesn't report on stuff like that. The other thing I wonder is how many of the civilians were people who fled but then returned. There was a bit of an influx of Ukrainians returning to their homes starting back in May and continuing until now.
edit on 5-8-2022 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
related to current events...notice the date of the tweet?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

The refugee movements are fluid. I would guess the people from W Ukraine have determined that while there is risk from air strikes, the risk is overall much lower than the battle zone areas.

Yeah, re: Amnesty, I don't like it when organizations like that are picky as to which countries they'll look at. No doubt some of their work is on the money, but their look is selective.

I would guess some civilians refuse to evacuate for fear of losing everything to looting, and accept the risk as people often did in World War II (hide in the cellar during fighting etc.) It is an awful dilemma for the noncombatants, and not any better for those fighting.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
related to current events...notice the date of the tweet?

Personally, I'd say war is strategic.

And Russia doesn't seem to care if its residential or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Russia using nuclear plant as a shield:

BBC News - Ukraine war: 'Russia using nuclear plant as cover to shell us'
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interestingly, during today's meeting between Erdogan and Putin in Sochi, Turkey agreed to pay for gas in rubles.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Putin buys troops from mad Kim Jong-un? Two mads together ...insanity

100,000 North Korean soldiers could be sent to bolster Putin’s forces fighting Ukraine

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Could always shoot them out the sky or sink them before they ever reach the European continent.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Good idea, because we dont want any North korean commies to Europe. They are positioned in North Korea, and should stay there.

Putin is desperate .
edit on 5-8-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"Russians should feel “no shame” of its ambition of obliterating Ukraine as an independent state, he also said recently.

Such an objective was “absolutely healthy”, he said.

“It was said here that Russia is trying to wipe Ukraine off the geopolitical map of the world,” he said.

“It isn’t quite that.

“We are wiping an anti-Russia project off the geopolitical map of the world….”

Ukraine had “never existed” as a truly independent state in the past, he claimed.

“It is an artificial ‘formation’ which was born thanks to the national policy conducted after 1917 by the Bolsheviks,” he said.

But now it had become “a springboard for a strike against Russia”."

Absolute and utter tosh.

Quite literally, unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yeeh, that guy....crazy . Sounds like psychosis...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Indeed.

The fellow has bitten off far more than Russia could ever chew.

And to be honest i dont imagine a 100,000 malnourished poorly trained and equipped North Koreans would make much of a difference to the force Russia can field.

edit on 5-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join