It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

The most recent aircraft carrier in Russia ....

In #Tyumen, #Russia, the local authorities put up posters celebrating the Russian Navy Day. Yet the posters feature USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier of the #US Navy:

They probably wanted a picture of a carrier that works, unlike their POS one that is broken down again.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Unfortunately, they don't have a working carrier.

Or a flagship, apparently.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Admiral Kuznetsov won’t return to service before 2024

I doubt she will ever going to be in full service even after 2024 , that piece of floating junk is dangerous to crew also

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
31 July Update

Key Takeaways

* The Kremlin has not responded to the International Red Cross (ICRC) request to access the Olenivka prison as of July 31, hindering the international investigation efforts.

* Russian forces conducted limited ground attacks southwest and northwest of Izyum, consistent with ISW’s assessment that Russian forces may be setting conditions for advances northwest of the current Izyum-Slovyansk line.

* Russian forces continued ground attacks northwest of Slovyansk, northeast of Siversk, and to the east and south of Bakhmut.

* Russian forces made marginal gains in the Avdiivka area and continued ground attacks towards Avdiivka and Pisky.

* Russian authorities began recruiting volunteers for the Nevsky and Ladoga Battalions in Leningrad Oblast, Russia.

* Russian occupation authorities continued to prepare for a referendum in Kherson Oblast and took measures to depict support for Russian control of the occupied territories.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Data ,Russias military losses in Ukraine

Link

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

If Russia reaches a point where the war in Ukraine is "lost", there is the requirement for rational minds to reach that conclusion. So the underlying issue is that if Putin and his cronies were level-headed, no Russian intrusion in Ukraine would have occurred since 2014. Moreover, on those grounds, overthrowing Putin's regime is a potential avenue for ending the war in Ukraine. Yet a coup in Russia opens up the potential for wildcard events. The unknown element is who would replace Putin in the event of his death or imprisonment.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Agree, and yes it`s scary to think what all could happen after Putin would be gone , they have too much nukes too and country of long tradition of corruption and also weapon black markets . After Soviet Union collapse some military personels selled weapons etc to black markets if i remember right( probably still do ), i would hate to see that show going up again .

Hopefully there would be still integrity/ high moral in Russian army nuclear weapon personels that would not let thing go South...but it`s Russia so..

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The most recent aircraft carrier in Russia .... In #Tyumen, #Russia, the local authorities put up posters celebrating the Russian Navy Day. Yet the posters feature USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier of the #US Navy:

i'm surprised they didn't use scenes from Top Gun like china did.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Interesting article.

I disagree with the author about Putin "changing his story", though. I don't think Putin can do that and not face a life-threatening crisis at home. Even the dullest of Putin supporters would realize they've been fooled.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Oh yeah. When the Soviets pulled out of East Germany, everything from uniforms to Kalashnikovs could be had for very low prices. What a wild time that was.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

The unknown element is who would replace Putin in the event of his death or imprisonment.

And it is something that might take a civil war before the outcome was clear.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh i think you are right, hmm

It`s allways difficult to understand them, and it look like Putin is also a cult leader there for some , next to God ...

I dont remember on what time period it exactly taked in Romania to really change peoples thinking, i remember the video where Nicolae Ceaușescu was making speech, but then the people started yell ,and Ceaușescu was like WTH is this ?? it all go really fast down then after that moment. I am sure Putin knows very well the history ,the last Weeks/Months of Ceaușescu , and have been doing all he can to not make same mistakes.

Maybe the cards start falling really fast if something suddenly happen ?

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

In some time period, there was rumors about mini nuke suitcases missing from Soviet inventory ?....i dont know was it just a rumor...that was after the collapse. And i dont even know did they Even have suitcase nuke at first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

They did that ? lol ...

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

they sure did,

CCTV Tries to Pass Off 'Top Gun' Clip as Real?

side by side

When Chinese propaganda video passed off scenes from Top Gun as their military exercise video
edit on 1-8-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Busted!
and i doubt Tom Cruise was happy either.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
The State of the Russo-Ukrainian War

@TimothyDSnyder

That's a great article.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is also interesting, to get view how Russia operates as society , it`s basically equivalent to mafia/cartel . This explains the big difference between Russia and let`s say Germany, France , UK, USA etc...which moved forward ages ago and are more ready as society/country than Russia has ever been .

@kamilkazani

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join