It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   
3 April update.

Key Takeaways

* Ukraine has won the Battle of Kyiv (my comment: noted as a significant, but not decisive victory), and Russian forces are completing their withdrawals from both the east and the west banks of the Dnipro in disorder.

* Russian forces retreating from around Kyiv will likely need considerable time before they can return to combat.

* Incidents of refusals of orders to engage in combat operations among Russian units continue and may lead to the redeployment of two BTGs that had arrived near Donbas within the last few days to their home stations in South Ossetia.

* The continued existence of an independent Ukrainian state with its capital in Kyiv is no longer in question at this time, although much fighting remains and the war could still turn Russia’s way.

More at URL above.

Cheers
edit on 4-4-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Re: The "Pripyat Pocket" (my term), from the ISW site today:

Ukrainian forces are continuing to clear Kyiv Oblast of isolated Russian troops left behind in the retreat, which some Ukrainian officials describe as “lost orcs.”

Wonder how many they'll eventually round up. The morale of the Russians doesn't sound up to lengthy escape and evasion adventures.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Ukrainian forces are continuing to clear Kyiv Oblast of isolated Russian troops left behind in the retreat, which some Ukrainian officials describe as “lost orcs.”

Wonder how many they'll eventually round up. The morale of the Russians doesn't sound up to lengthy escape and evasion adventures.

Cheers

I suspect 'clear' may mean 'kill' in this case.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
* - French president urges new sanctions in response to Bucha incidents in Ukraine

* - Poland's PM @MorawieckiM names Putin's government as "fascist", and asks French President Macron "what have you achieved?" by calling Putin. "Today Russia is a totalitarian-fascist state" says PM. Poland proposes an international committee to investigate the "genocide"

* - Damage in Ternopil' after Russian missile strike yesterday

* - Germany is the main roadblock to imposing tougher sanctions on Russia, Poland's Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said

* - Russian troops robbed President Zelensky's house on the island of Biryuchy in the Kherson region, also robbing hotels in Kyrylivka

edit on 4-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Cheers

I suspect 'clear' may mean 'kill' in this case.

Youll laugh however Ukrainian troops have started calling it denazification.

edit on 4/4/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They gotta,

♪ wash that Putin right out of their hair ♫

What a disaster. Great job, Putin.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The original 12 refused orders, stating that under Russian law the orders to deploy were illegal.

Know what else i wonder?

Considering Putin just signed approval for 135,000 draftees, if that is illegal per Russian law on non-wartime footing?

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

3 April update.

Key Takeaways

* Ukraine has won the Battle of Kyiv (my comment: noted as a significant, but not decisive victory), and Russian forces are completing their withdrawals from both the east and the west banks of the Dnipro in disorder.

* Russian forces retreating from around Kyiv will likely need considerable time before they can return to combat.

* Incidents of refusals of orders to engage in combat operations among Russian units continue and may lead to the redeployment of two BTGs that had arrived near Donbas within the last few days to their home stations in South Ossetia.

* The continued existence of an independent Ukrainian state with its capital in Kyiv is no longer in question at this time, although much fighting remains and the war could still turn Russia’s way.

More at URL above.

Cheers

- The war is far from over and could still turn Russia’s way if the Russian military can launch a successful operation in eastern Ukraine. The current line of Russian occupation in southern and eastern Ukraine is still a significant gain in Russian-controlled territory since the start of the war. If a ceasefire or peace agreement freezes a line like the current front-line trace, Russia will be able to exert much greater pressure on Ukraine than it did before the invasion and may over time reassemble a more effective invasion force. Ukraine’s victory in the Battle of Kyiv is thus significant but not decisive.

As more territory is gained by Russia in the east right now, this is more likely setting a better path for the use of more drastic weaponry etc.

And possibly open up other new or revised flanking maneuvers.

edit on 4-4-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

It's sound alphabetaone that mob are not going to Ukraine, Putin says so.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

LOL

Stupid me!

Putin: "We will not be sendink draft troops to the country we didn't invade for the war that isnt happening!"

It's a good thing Putin doesnt lie or anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Snarl

Well, I guess you were never in the military huh?

A whole career longer than you would be my bet, REMF.

This is what happens to a uniform that's been 'worn'.
The colors get washed out until they've been laundered. The guy from my last post didn't even have mud on his boots, let alone go to a knee or to the prone.

So much propaganda ... and so many willing to swallow it hook-line-sinker.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Your image shows troops in arid middle eastern type regions filled with dust and sand.

This is a war being fought in urban areas, with snow and permafrost and concrete. Until it all starts to melt, fatigues can remain pretty soil free under those conditions.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In Putin's ""new Russia"", the lies tell you.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I take this as another threat by Putin. He is still shelling, but drawing his troops away…making room for a big civilian event. Ive been wondering if he was just going to bomb his own troops or try to save some money, looks like he may be starting to pinch pennies, Id definitely BOLO for gas and be distributing chem gear to civilians where the Russians have pulled out.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Russian troops are calling it denazification, putin has been using that term for months, now Ukraine is throwing the term back at them?

That is pretty funny

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That 135k looked like their normal draft cycle, nothing unusual there yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Oh that's right, its each spring and fall. I thought it was out of the window of norm. Friggin COVID, i forgot its April

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

That's been bothering me as well, that while it's a good thing that russia is retreating from Kiev, it's also exactly what russia would do if planning on nuking Kiev.

No evidence that this is what putin plans though.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Could also be tactical. To draw citizen, and citizen combatants back to former population centers just to mow them back down with drones and/or other remote artillery.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Too early to say, but the rapid russian retreat has me suspecting that russia is planning something unexpected.

No evidence, just gut feeling, and not a real strong one.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join