It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Putin at a meeting with his parliment today-

Speaking on July 7 at a meeting with leaders of the parliament, Putin accused Western allies of fueling the hostilities, charging that "the West wants to fight us until the last Ukrainian.”
He called it a tragedy for the Ukrainian people, but added,
“It looks like it's heading in that direction,” and warned that everyone should understand that Russia "by and large hasn't started anything seriously yet."

www.rferl.org...

That sounds unnerving at best.

It sounds like the rantings of someone who knows things are not going to plan.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I don't know about that here is an update from the Russian side. I think it's fair to say that Ukraine, will have to get more help. Looking at Zelensky he seems pretty out of it. www.bitchute.com...
It also seems a lot of NATO troops are moving www.bitchute.com... This is an update on the plan.
edit on 8-7-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Motorcycle-borne ATGMs

Agree with the author. Definite World War II vibes in this configuration.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: alldaylong

I don't know about that here is an update from the Russian side. I think it's fair to say that Ukraine, will have to get more help. Looking at Zelensky he seems pretty out of it. www.bitchute.com...
It also seems a lot of NATO troops are moving www.bitchute.com... This is an update on the plan.

According to the second video 300,000 US soldiers have already been sent into Ukraine which is what, like 2/3rds of the US Army ground forces?

Modern camoflage must be amazing for no one to have noticed.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Criticise the "Special Operation" in Russia and here's what you get:

BBC News - Russia-Ukraine war: Moscow politician gets 7 years for denouncing war
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

Hes an idiot he has no clue how diesel is made or processed no Russia isn't the only provider of whatever diesel crude is??? Crude oil from anywhere on the planet can be distilled into diesel. Next NATO must have designed camouflage from the predator movies you couldn't hide 300000 troops entering a country. Next, if Nato did that Ukraine's war would be over the next day Russia couldn't last 24hrs against 300000 NATO troops.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

This shows the desperation Putin is feeling. He's not even attempting anymore to act like he's anything other than a despot. He used to try to play the role of defending the world and Russia from corruption etc. And now just went full on dictator like Hitler in WW2. It truly is amazing how Putin has followed in Hitler's footsteps.

He took power by creating a false flag and killing his own people. Stage two was to convince people you will save them from pending doom from other world nations. Number 3 find someone to blame problems on Hitler it was Jews for Putin it's Nazis (aka Ukrainians). Commit atrocities towards said groups because they are ok to kill because they are evil. And now he's moving into the final stage which is total take over denying anyone the ability to contradict them making it a crime to even question the orders they give. All that's left is Putin blowing his brains out in a bunker to complete the story.
edit on 7/8/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

An example of how battlefield innovations often rediscover or adapt historical concepts. IMO, including the equipment provided by international military assistance, the Ukrainians are apt at using their prewar preparations as a baseline for adapting to battlefield circumstances.

Motorcycles and quad bikes provide excellent mobility without storage room for ammo and other supplies. So it is possible logistical support follows the troops, and the motorcycles are towed on trailers. But I also think there is an element of using the available resources immediately available at work. Nor is that an unusual development. Japanese forces utilised captured bicycles during the Malayan campaign (1941 - 42).

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
8 July update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces continued to conduct limited offensive operations north of Slovyansk.

* Russian forces continued attempting to advance toward Siversk from Lysychansk but did not make any confirmed territorial gains.

* Russian forces launched assaults on Dementiivka to disrupt Ukrainian ground lines of communication (GLOCs) along the T2117 highway.

* Russian forces continued to launch assaults on settlements along the Kherson-Mykolaiv and Kherson-Dnipropetrovsk Oblast border to regain lost positions.

* Russian Federation Council approved a bill committing the Kremlin to paying veteran benefits to civilians involved in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

* Russian occupation authorities continued to set conditions for the annexation of Donbas and southern Ukraine.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Hundreds of Ukrainian recruits start training in Britain.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Some more strangeness-

Recently some German soldiers have been arrested for pinching a load of explosives and other military equipment which they intended to use in an(unauthorised?)operation to destroy the bridge which joins Crimea to the mainland-

Among the dozen suspects arrested in the northern German state of Schleswig-Holstein for a series of burglaries at military bases were two Bundeswehr soldiers who wanted to use the purloined explosives to destroy the bridge between Crimea and the Russian mainland, a German tabloid reported, citing police sources.
“A series of burglaries, long investigations, a crazy plan: How German soldiers wanted to intervene in the Ukraine war,” the Hamburg-based weekly Stern said in a headline.
The story, pieced together from police reports, details the investigation into a theft ring that involved a total of four Bundeswehr soldiers and eight other suspects rounded up by the police in Kiel.

thescotfree.com...

So that was the plan,but it was busted-however,the part I find strange is the same bridge is now been "touted" as a viable target by the US-

At a press briefing held this morning, The War Zone asked a senior U.S. official whether or not there were any preclusions about the use of High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, in Ukraine against certain targets. Speaking to reporters on the condition of anonymity, the official responded by saying that they couldn’t reveal any further information about specific targets, but that “Russian forces’ capabilities and logistics nodes within Ukraine are absolutely fair targets” targets. The War Zone followed up, asking if there were any hesitations about using the HIMARs against the Kerch Bridge. The official responded as follows.

“As I said, there aren't any preclusions that I'm aware of on Ukrainians fighting on their sovereign territory against Russia.”

www.thedrive.com...

Then 2 days later,ex commander of NATO,General Breedlove made this comment-

Ex-NATO commander: Ukraine could deal devastating blow to Kremlin by attacking Kerch Strait bridge linking mainland Russia with Crimea.

Former NATO Commander General Philip Breedlove said Ukraine could carry out the attack with newly supplied Harpoon missiles.

twitter.com...

Ths speculaion,but Its almost as though the germans who got busted may have been involved in some kind of deniable black op,but for some reason got busted-but the target of that op(the bridge)has now been "greenlit" as a target in public..

Can we expect the bridge to be attacked in the near future?
I would say its highly likley.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Your assumption may be correct.

The Russian public is largely still content to remain under Putin's spell. But if Ukraine drops that bridge, there will be no denying that the (cough) "special operation" -ain't- going as planned.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The "Alaska is ours" thing is starting an ad campaign-

A Newsweek report stated that an array of billboards with similar slogans were spotted in the Siberian city which surprised the residents. However, earlier this week, Putin’s key ally and State Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin suggested that Russia could "take back" Alaska in retaliation to the US sanctions imposed on Russia over the Moscow-Kyiv war.
The US media outlet stated that even though the signs appeared after Russian officials’ remarks, the billboards do not appear to have been placed by Kremlin.

www.republicworld.com... -articleshow.html

twitter.com...

If i was going to invade the USA,I really doubt Alaska would be my first attempted landing zone.
And not only because of the weather-quite a large proportion of Alaskans are prepper/survivalist minded,and may give the Russians some problems I would think.

This hysteria has not been well thought out.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yeah, but the wolves in Alaska won't complain.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Yeah, but the wolves in Alaska won't complain.

If the Russians got there. The Russians could not cross the Bering Sea. Russia invading Alaska is a fantasy.

Russia's military inability has been exposed by their failures in Ukraine. I don't think Russia is capable of invading any other country from now on. They'll confine their activities to cyber crime and whining.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
bulgarianmilitary.com... NE1OPm_tvWr2qnuJKeTRe_ClnVGOxbbxI0A

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join