It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The war will last with a democrat in the White House.
It did in Syria. Then Trump ruined it along with Russians.
You need to feed the war slowly or you will have no war at all.

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

What a disgusting vat of lard. Where's the forklift to move him around?
It has to suck to pee through a second belly button.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The general will need a field kitchen dedicated solely to him.

Cheers

Gives a new meaning to " Heavy Artillery "

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Looks like either this guy is a secret military genius,OR putin is running out of suitable generals..
There was also talk he was calling pilots out of retirement to fight.
Not good signs for russia if true-as both pilots and generals are hard to replace without lots of training/experience.

Could all be western propaganda of course,or it maybe that putin really is running low in certain areas of his military.
Normally that would be a good thing,but with nukes in the picture it may not be good this time,if Putin decides he can no longer replace vital roles.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Surely the Russian army has younger active duty guys looking for a promotion?

At the rate senior Russian officers are getting knocked off would you want to be promoted?

Maybe this guy is a new version of the old WWII 'Bouncing Bomb'?

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I was right because I was paying attention to both sides while everyone else was stuck on MSM.

I don't think that you should be so self-righteous.

In my experience, there is quite a lot of critical thinking going on, and people tend to reference multiple perspectives to inform their views. I would respectfully state, however, that some people are stuck on such an anti-MSM narrative that they accept the opposite as truth, as is the case with Russian propaganda.

What good is referencing multiple perspectives when they all parrot one another? Quite a few people on here have clearly stated that they will not even look at the info that comes from the other side. It is those people I am talking about. Those people are not critically thinking, they are cheerleading.

Some of the stuff/statements I see posted on here I can only roll my eyes at because they are so off base they are not even in the realm of reality.

I look at what both sides claim and show and then make my own determination. I sometimes argue with Russians on VK over the situation because they're people there that are just like some of the people on here with completely one sided views from their singular info sources. If ATS only had an auto-translate feature I think getting them to argue their counterparts on here would be great fun to watch.

I am anti MMSM but I will listen to what they have to say just to compare.
edit on 26-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Hi Papa G,

Early in this war, I realized people on ATS were looking at it in one of two ways. One way was to try to make sense of it via CT and bits and pieces of known corruption that existed before the war; and the other way was conventional military and political analysis.

I recognize the "CT view" may have insights to offer, but in terms of how the war is progressing and how long it may last, I think conventional analysis has proved more useful.

Yes, Ukraine is receiving external support that enables the war to be fought longer. However, the key bit is that the Ukrainians are willing to continue fighting. Without that, all of the support in the world would have no effect.

I'm not much swayed by arguments charging that the Ukrainian government is corrupt. The same could be said of the South Korean government in 1950. Bears recalling that the ROK, when it could function without subversion from within and invasion from without ... became a reasonably stable and productive country. I see the same potential in Ukraine, and I think Putin does as well ... which, IMO, is one of the reasons he ordered the invasion.

Time will tell how this war ends. Hopefully sans WMD and destruction of modern Europe, as troubled as it may be. Because Putin's "solution" is nothing of the kind. He has run out of solutions within the bounds of the political system he created in Russia, and thus he has opted for war.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
At todays G7 meeting,4 of the G7 countries just announced a ban on Russian gold exports..
Not sure how they can police that

Four G7 powers will ban Russian gold exports in a new bid to stop oligarchs from buying the precious metal to avoid the impact of sanctions against Moscow, Britain said Sunday.
The joint action taken by Britain, Canada, Japan and the United States, "will directly hit Russian oligarchs and strike at the heart of (President Vladimir) Putin's war machine," said British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

www.hindustantimes.com...

Will that significantly impact russias ability to fight the war?
Probably not.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hearing reports now that Macron called Putin four days before the invasion, promising to "bring the Ukrainians around". Putin more or less ignored him.

One of the many details that will emerge over time.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Reminds you of FAT BASTARD from the Austin Powers Movies

If Russians were not having logistic problems before, they will now trying to keep this behemoth fed ....... !!!

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
His task is to parachute down and destroy a few buildings as he lands.

What are they doing sending an aircraft carrier to a land war?

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: alldaylong
His task is to parachute down and destroy a few buildings as he lands.

What are they doing sending an aircraft carrier to a land war?

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just watching the Pet Shops at Glastonbury............... East End Boys and West End Girls xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(post by GoannaGuru removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No secret Putin is purging Russia of military generals, intel personnel...

www.timesofisrael.com...
edit on 26-6-2022 by GoannaGuru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
* - Missile hit in Slovyansk a few minutes ago

* - The US plans to announce as soon as this week that it has a purchased a NASAMS—an advanced surface-to-air missile defense system— for Ukraine, a source familiar with the announcement tells CNN

* - Missile hit civilian houses in Odesa, gas pipeline on fire

* - Russian army launched over 150 projectiles into Sumy region today. 1 person killed, another wounded

* - Missile launches from Bilhorod to Kharkiv

* - Russian army launched at least 7 Iskander-type missiles from Bilhorod towards Kharkiv

* - Explosions reported in Kharkiv

* - President Zelensky in everyday video statement appealed to the people of Belarus: you are being dragged into this war, with more force that it was in February, the Kremlin has decided for you, and they don't care about you. Don't let them use you

* - Russian troops captured Borviske

* - Boris Johnson:We must support Ukraine to strengthen their hand in both the war and any future negotiations. President @EmmanuelMacron and I agreed to step up our military support for Ukraine at this critical moment, and to enhance Anglo-French cooperation on defence and security

* - At Avdiyivka, Kurakhove and Zaporizhzhia directions Russian army shelled Vodyane, Maryinka, Pisky, Prechystivka, Huliaipilske and Bilohiria , - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Pivdenny Buh direction Russian army shelled Osokorivka, Trudolyubivka, Dobrianka, Hannivka, Zorya, Blahodatne and Luch, conducted missile strikes in Mykolaiv , - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Ukrainian military repelled Russian attack near Pavlivka, with significant losses Russian units have withdraw , - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian army shelled Mykolaivka, Berestove, Pokrovske, Kodema and New York, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Kramatorsk direction Russian army shelled Mayaky, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Donetsk direction Russian forces attempting to block Lysychansk from south direction. Russian army shelled Lysychansk, Verkhnokamianka and Loskutivka, Russian aviation conducted airstrike near Vovchoyarivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army shelled Nova Dmytrivka, Dibrivne, Virnopillia, Velyka Komyshuvakha, Dolyna and Ridne. Ukrainian military repelled assaults at Dolyna, Kurulka and Mazanivka , - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report Facebook

* - At Kharkiv direction Russian army shelled Ruski Tyshky, Chepil, Chuhuiv, Zolochiv, Mospanove. Russian aviation conducted airstrike at Yavirske, Dementiivka and Zamulivka. Ukrainian military repelled Russian assault near Dementiyivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Siversky direction Russian army shelled Khrinivka and Yanzhulivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Flooding in Simferopol

* - Russian army with help of aviation attempted to regain control over Potyomkine without success, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
26 June update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces conducted a missile strike against Kyiv for the first time since April 29, likely to coincide with the ongoing G7 leadership summit.

* Russian Colonel-General Gennady Zhidko has likely taken over the role of theatre commander of operations in Ukraine.

* Russian forces continued attacks against the southern outskirts of Lysychansk and consolidated control of Severodonetsk and surrounding settlements.

* Russian forces are conducting operations to the east of Bakhmut to maintain control of the T1302 Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway.

* Russian forces conducted unsuccessful ground assaults to the northwest of Slovyansk.

* Russian forces intensified artillery strikes against Ukrainian positions along the Southern Axis.

* Russian occupation authorities are escalating measures to stem Ukrainian partisan activity in occupied areas through increased filtration measures and the abduction of civilians.

More at URL above.

Cheers
edit on 27-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join