It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Video of UA indiscriminately shelling a Ukrainian village that is devoid of Russian military.

t.me...

Another video from the battle of Mariupol where UA was using rooftops of civilian highrise buildings to set up ATGMs to Ambush Ru forces.

t.me...
edit on 8-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

we tracking the shells from the cannons from muzzle to landing zone? please show us.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

based on personal experience if he had a camelbak im sure it would be silent
unless he is jumping around like a monkey

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Why don't you think the capture tanks should be counted? I don't agree with that at all.

As for taking pics of 50% destroyed. I actually think they would. I am guessing that the majority of those tanks were recorded at the beginning of the conflict and especially when Ru pulled back from the Kyiv region.
Since then most tank kills would have been done in a precision manner which in a lot of cases comes with footage from drones or some other manner. It is really hard for me to believe that unguided ordinance is going to inflict an equal amount of destruction on Ru forces as what had occurred at the begging of the war.

I think drones and javelins and such accounted for a lot at the start. Just don't think people in intense and prolonged combat situations are going to be recording all the time. It seems far-fetched that they'd have pics of most of them. You know I don't think we've seen nearly all of the casualties inflicted by Russia on Ukraine either, so I'm not being one-sided here. And what do you mean by unguided ordnance? That's what some of the drones use too.

I am sure some have been cannibalized but it shouldn't be that necessary. Where they may be behind on is modernizing them. That could be an issue. It is also an issue that can be remedied by them ramping up their own production facilities. I don't know if they have but I would be surprised if they haven't already.

I don't want to get stuck on cannibalized either, just some of them are unusable in general. And I don't what parts they are able to produce right now and how many of them, that's beyond my knowledge. I did read they stopped producing new tanks.

As for the total number I am basing it on. It is the 13,000 number you gave.

Well that number included many defunct tanks. But the problem is I don't know if it's complete, it's always possible they've got more tanks in good condition in some cave no-one knows about. So yeah, very hard to guess how many are left.

It is based on the estimation of their active-duty forces numbering over a million and their reserve forces numbering over 2 million. That is based on figures reported in a 2010 IISS study. Since then they increased their military budget. In 2021 the serviceability of weapons was estimated at 99%. They deployed about 150K to Ukraine. Basically what was already staged on Ukraine's border before the war.

So, yeah, that would be 15% of their active military.

Have you seen a breakdown of that? Does it include conscripts? Because their idea is that each brigade or regiment (it was unclear) has two battalions of contract soldiers and one of conscripts who are in training. That would cut the number of ground forces by a third. And the Russian navy and aerospace forces according to Wikipedia have something like 300,000 combined, plus strategic rocket forces 50,000. Most of these are not directly involved in the fighting. On the other hand, I don't think the national guard is included in this? So that adds several hundred thousand. But then also keep in mind that they can't afford to send all of them to Ukraine, and I don't know exactly what type of units they consist of. I guess some sort of light infantry.

So they initially had 150,000 in and around Ukraine, but the question is how many of the remining 1,000,000 are suited to replace casualties in the attacking ground forces. Only a fraction. And I also suspect that the actual numbers of battle ready contractors are lower in reality than on paper. But like I said, to be fair, they've been using some conscripts reservists so that complicates things.

The only reason I used the word is because I was replying to your post where you said this.

"I think you have an unnecessary nostalgia for Russia, or something."

OK, I forgot about writing that lol. Fair enough.

To strike something you need to know where it is no matter the range. They haven't had a lot of luck with penetrating Ru air defense with drones lately so they are mostly returning fire from where they are being shot at. Ru is already moving around. They are shoot and scoot missions. They are both doing it. So unless UA is firing at a stationary target the reach isn't going to change the situation much more. Also the longer the flight time of those rockets gives Ru more time to track and shoot them down. Which, they have been doing against the MLRS packages UA already have. Also, Ru Iskander missile system outranges the MLRS and they have a lot of them.

I think they use radars for that. And rockets have greater range than their artillery, so they could even shoot over the Severodonetsk salient for example and threaten Russian artillery that might otherwise be safe. The advantage here is being able to reach deeper behind enemy lines. And Russia has Iskanders but above all they have a # ton of regular artillery. I just don't get your point, because I might as well say that Iskanders can be shot down by Ukraine. That doesn't make them useless, does it? Different forms of artillery complement each other.

If you mean reload to fire again. That would only apply if they have the necessary equipment to swap out the packs.

You don't say? Next you'll tell me they also need fuel.

Definitely agree with you that Bayraktars would have been better. I'm just assuming that the war will go on at least for several months, so the eagles will eventually be used too.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Russia is sending grain from Ukraine overseas, Russian-appointed officials in occupied southern Ukraine say.

And in the next breath:

Russia denies it is stealing grain.

Source

So if the Russians aren't stealing grain, where are they getting Ukrainian grain to sell overseas?
Putin apologists are welcome to try and justify the wholesale theft of food supplies from a sovereign nation that supplies an awful lot of countries with the means to feed their people.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Why don't you think the capture tanks should be counted? I don't agree with that at all.

Because you wrote this which I was replying to.

Of course captured tanks would cancel each other out, that's an element of uncertainty.

Basically, I was just agreeing with you but now you disagree with yourself?

And what do you mean by unguided ordnance?

Unguided ordinance is something you fire in the direction of your target without being able to control its trajectory afterward but within the confines of this conversation artillery fire on a target outside of visual range.

I did read they stopped producing new tanks.

I don't know how much to believe about those claims.

Yesterday there was info posted on new tank guns being shipped to their factory. Unless they are stockpiling that usually means they are still making more and the western articles I found on the subject were all saying that they "may" have shut down.
t.me...

Today a T-14 was spotted in one of the conflict zones. Until now I had no idea they were even deployed to this.
t.me...

But then also keep in mind that they can't afford to send all of them to Ukraine, and I don't know exactly what type of units they consist of. I guess some sort of light infantry.

So they initially had 150,000 in and around Ukraine, but the question is how many of the remining 1,000,000 are suited to replace casualties in the attacking ground forces. Only a fraction. And I also suspect that the actual numbers of battle ready contractors are lower in reality than on paper. But like I said, to be fair, they've been using some conscripts reservists so that complicates things.

I haven't seen the breakdown of all their forces and that info is probably classified. I have seen how they structure their battalions. It is far different from our own. Each one has aspects for every field such as air defense, artillery, infantry, and mechanized units. Each one can stand alone. Ours is segmented and divided.

Also, I would never expect them to send their full force into Ukraine. That would be foolish and create an opening for hostile nations to exploit. What they can do though is constantly train up soldiers away from the front, and rotate out veterans that can help train up other forces. That is something UA can't afford to do. A lot of countries use conscripts including UA but now UA is taking to the streets to catch new ones and they are generally a lot older.
Any conscript that has made it this far in the war from the beginning is a blooded veteran worth their weight in gold (I am exaggerating) for their experience and the lessons they can pass on.

I think they use radars for that. And rockets have greater range than their artillery, so they could even shoot over the Severodonetsk salient for example and threaten Russian artillery that might otherwise be safe. The advantage here is being able to reach deeper behind enemy lines. And Russia has Iskanders but above all they have a # ton of regular artillery. I just don't get your point, because I might as well say that Iskanders can be shot down by Ukraine. That doesn't make them useless, does it? Different forms of artillery complement each other.

One of the biggest differences between the two forces is air defense ability. UA has very little and Ru has a lot that they layer. Air defense is one aspect of their military that may even exceed our own. For example, their system compared to our patriot system has 360% coverage whereas ours is directional.

There is a reason we don't see much footage from UA drones beyond Russia lines. It is because those drones don't have a high survival rate. I am seeing drone footage posted daily from Ru from behind UA lines of defense. That is attributed to the air defense systems.

One of the disadvantages of the MRS is they only carry 12 rockets. I have no idea how that will effect the outcomes but their rate of fire will be far lower than Rus.

I came across this earlier today. It looks like Germany will not be delivering MLRS systems to UA before winter.
twitter.com...

I get the feeling that Germany wants this to end and has decided that the outcome is a forgone conclusion based on this and some other things I have seen from them.

Definitely agree with you that Bayraktars would have been better. I'm just assuming that the war will go on at least for several months, so the eagles will eventually be used too.

They may not have a couple of months. Once the line of fortifications that they have built up over 8 years in the Donbas region is broken there is nothing they can fall back to that will have that level of defense to it. They also risk the majority of their veteran forces in Severodonetsk being cut off as we speak.

The amount of manpower they are expending on Severodonetsk just doesn't make any tactical sense so I think the purpose must be political/morale. That is a double-edged sword though. If it falls after all the resources they sank into it then it will be an even bigger blow to morale.

edit on 8-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

Not much info there. Even from your link.

How about doing some digging to get more particulars and then create a thread to discuss the subject?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Basically, I was just agreeing with you but now you disagree with yourself?

No, because canceling each other out doesn't mean they don't count. You even have to count them to know if that happens in the first place.

Unguided ordinance is something you fire in the direction of your target without being able to control its trajectory afterward but within the confines of this conversation artillery fire on a target outside of visual range.

I meant that drones drop unguided ordnance too, thanks for clarifying.

Yesterday there was info posted on new tank guns being shipped to their factory. Unless they are stockpiling that usually means they are still making more and the western articles I found on the subject were all saying that they "may" have shut down.

Who knows, but I'm sure they need new barrels for their existing tanks either way.

What they can do though is constantly train up soldiers away from the front, and rotate out veterans that can help train up other forces. That is something UA can't afford to do. A lot of countries use conscripts including UA but now UA is taking to the streets to catch new ones and they are generally a lot older.

I think you're been watching a bit of propaganda there, what's the indication that they're older? And Russia is having huge problems rotating their troops, that's why they raised the age limit. Ukraine has to spread their forces wide as defenders, that's a problem for them.

There is a reason we don't see much footage from UA drones beyond Russia lines. It is because those drones don't have a high survival rate. I am seeing drone footage posted daily from Ru from behind UA lines of defense. That is attributed to the air defense systems.

That sounds very sketchy, which air defense system might you be talking about here?

One of the disadvantages of the MRS is they only carry 12 rockets. I have no idea how that will effect the outcomes but their rate of fire will be far lower than Rus.

You're being really vague here, which system are you comparing to?

I get the feeling that Germany wants this to end and has decided that the outcome is a forgone conclusion based on this and some other things I have seen from them.

Yeah they've been dragging their feet from the start. Rheinmetall has been prepared to send Gepards and and tanks, but Scholz has been coming up with excuses not to.

They may not have a couple of months. Once the line of fortifications that they have built up over 8 years in the Donbas region is broken there is nothing they can fall back to that will have that level of defense to it. They also risk the majority of their veteran forces in Severodonetsk being cut off as we speak.

Their fortifications in Severodonetsk? And I think you're exaggerating the role of fortifications in modern warfare. It gives an advantage, but on the other hand Russia's biggest strengths are artillery and rail-based logistics, both of which they've been able use well in this phase of the war. Besides, they've mostly retreated from the city now from what I heard. Can't say if it was worth it, depends on the cost for Russia I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No, because canceling each other out doesn't mean they don't count. You even have to count them to know if that happens in the first place.

I don't know if there is an independent site tracking what Russia has captured. I doubt you would accept an Ru accounting butI will remind you that at the very beginning of our back and forth that I said Russia reported capturing 200 tanks at Balaklei military aresonal.

I am sure they captured others but that was a one-shot thing.

Who knows, but I'm sure they need new barrels for their existing tanks either way.

They don't wear out that fast and if they do AU would need to replace them just as fast except they don't have the facilities to make more now.

I think you're been watching a bit of propaganda there, what's the indication that they're older? And Russia is having huge problems rotating their troops, that's why they raised the age limit.

The 50+ year olds being captured on the battlefields that talk about being conscripted and the videos being posted by Ukrainian citizens of people being recruited off the street with a summons.

As for Russia having problems rotating its troops. According to who? Have you ever considered your info may be western propaganda?

I know they opened up "voluntary enlistment" for those in an older age bracket. Those people would not be conscripts. Even western sources say the raise in eligibility to enlist was designed to attract medical personnel and engineers.

In other words, they are looking for professionals with expertise. They are not looking for bodies to fill trenches. Does it surprise you that during such a war they would need more doctors for the injured?
I wouldn't be surprised if those types were rubber-stamped as officers and after the war they would receive some nice government benefits without ever seeing the frontline. Otherwise, the lifting of the enlistment age will attract some older guys in a mid-life crisis or have a death wish.

That sounds very sketchy, which air defense system might you be talking about here?

You're being really vague here, which system are you comparing to?

The Russian ones. 9A52-4 Tornado, BM-21 Grad, BM-27 Uragan

Then there is the BM-30 Smerch which also has 12 tubes and has a range 90 KM.

Their fortifications in Severodonetsk? And I think you're exaggerating the role of fortifications in modern warfare.

I wasn't specifically talking about Severodonetsk when talking about fortifications.

I was talking about these which are all across Donbas. Many times they are interlocking.

And yes, they are a huge obstacle to overcome unless Ru starts dropping some massive ordinance on them. I don't mean massive as in the numbers of ordinance I mean something that leaves a 40-meter-wide crater when it hits.

edit on 8-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I didn't know propaganda Vasquez was back in the states.

h ttps://files.catbox.moe/g24gqd.MP4
h ttps://files.catbox.moe/9cjbav.MOV
In the video below you can hear him but I think they blur his face.
h ttps://files.catbox.moe/8m3bxd.mp4

That Nazi actress chick he was shooting videos with was kind of hot.

The first video in the speak the "truth" series with him has a part where he stands in front of a "Russian" tank he says they just destroyed.

Look closely at the Slat Armor on it. Then look up Russian Slat Armor and then some of the improvised Slat Armor Ukraine uses.

That should tell you everything you need to know about Vasquez. I wonder why sniper guy didn't ask him about that one. I have a good idea why.

With all the camera equipment they brought around with them I don't remember ever coming across any footage of them actually fighting. That is interesting to me.

Months ago I read that he raised over half a million for the "fight."

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I don't know if there is an independent site tracking what Russia has captured. I doubt you would accept an Ru accounting butI will remind you that at the very beginning of our back and forth that I said Russia reported capturing 200 tanks at Balaklei military aresonal.

I am sure they captured others but that was a one-shot thing.

Come on though, stop playing games. I'm talking about comparing the losses of these two sides in the war, how a captured tank is a loss when the enemy captures it. Because you can't use that tank anymore, right? I'm not saying Russia didn't capture tanks, you can show me if you want.

quote]
They don't wear out that fast and if they do AU would need to replace them just as fast except they don't have the facilities to make more now.

What do you mean, how fast don't they run out? And this is not a dick-measuring contest, you don't have to defend Russia at every turn. They have thousands of tanks, they perform maintenance on those tanks, absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

The 50+ year olds being captured on the battlefields that talk about being conscripted and the videos being posted by Ukrainian citizens of people being recruited off the street with a summons.

And that didn't happen at the start of war?

As for Russia having problems rotating its troops. According to who? Have you ever considered your info may be western propaganda?

Not for the most part no, I've found my western sources to be far more reliable. Like I said earlier, they thought Russia was winning overwhelmingly at first and gradually the picture has changed for the worse for Russia. You can look at interviews of POW's, also Igor Girkin is very enlightening and definitely not a friend of the West.

Here's one video, not the actual Girkin though, it's just some guy on twitter using his name: www.republicworld.com... s-articleshow.html

In other words, they are looking for professionals with expertise. They are not looking for bodies to fill trenches. Does it surprise you that during such a war they would need more doctors for the injured?

Right... they just need more doctors to treat the injured, not bodies to fill trenches? And who do you imagine is getting injured?

I wouldn't be surprised if those types were rubber-stamped as officers and after the war they would receive some nice government benefits without ever seeing the frontline. Otherwise, the lifting of the enlistment age will attract some older guys in a mid-life crisis or have a death wish.

Probably, doctors form a higher social class too so they need more incentives and are harder to dupe into signing a contract.

And again which air defense did you mean? You're just posting a video and hoping a I let it go.

I wasn't specifically talking about Severodonetsk when talking about fortifications.

I was talking about these which are all across Donbas. Many times they are interlocking.

Yeah, I asked because Severodonetsk is not not the 2014-2022 line that they had so much time to fortify, and yet that's one of the place where fighting has been heaviest. I don't know the layout south of there, whether they're using old fortifications. Like, how deep the fortifications went. But fighting near the border is a big advantage for Russia. Just trenches aren't a multi-year investment.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

What do you mean, how fast don't they run out? And this is not a dick-measuring contest, you don't have to defend Russia at every turn. They have thousands of tanks, they perform maintenance on those tanks, absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

I said wear out not run out. They wear out from being used. Can you explain to me why they would need to replace cannons in storage? This isn't defending everything. This is me trying to make sense of what you are saying.

How often is a cannon replaced? I don't know but I am pretty certain they are like my guns and don't break easily, especially when I am not using them much. On the surface what you said makes sense but if you actually think about it, it doesn't.

And that didn't happen at the start of war?

Which part? The 50+ guys? That has been ongoing for about a month or two.

I think there is a couple of them in this thread I made with UA POWs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The being taken off the street part I have been seeing videos for a couple of weeks now. Maybe I should gather the videos and make a thread on them. One was kind of funny. There was a fat older guy swimming at the beach that they tried to serve a summons and he wouldn't come in to the shore. The video skips to where it looks like he swam out the end of a peer to come in and avoid them but they caught him anyway.

Not for the most part no, I've found my western sources to be far more reliable. Like I said earlier, they thought Russia was winning overwhelmingly at first and gradually the picture has changed for the worse for Russia. You can look at interviews of POW's, also Igor Girkin is very enlightening and definitely not a friend of the West.
Here's one video, not the actual Girkin though, it's just some guy on twitter using his name: www.republicworld.com... s-articleshow.html

I don't know who your sources are or what an actual girkin is or a fake one is. BTW, your link is broken.

I am glad you are happy with your sources though. Ihope they weren't the ones saying Russians were starving or played video game combat footage.

Right... they just need more doctors to treat the injured, not bodies to fill trenches? And who do you imagine is getting injured?

Both sides have been reporting atrocious numbers of injured but our conversation was focusing on conscripts where you brought up that Ru raised age of enlistment.

Again, even western sources report that they hope to attract professionals in the two fields that I mentioned. Whereas UA is putting old men in trenches.

One is lacking specialists and the other is lacking cannon fodder.

And again which air defense did you mean? You're just posting a video and hoping a I let it go.

The entire video feature 3 pieces of equipment. Like it's title that says "3 Russian Weapons Systems That Have No Equivalents Anywhere In The World."

I don't mind being called out for BS but really? It shows a Tank, Ballistic Missile, and an Air Defense System.
Which one of those three do you think I was talking about?

Yeah, I asked because Severodonetsk is not not the 2014-2022 line that they had so much time to fortify, and yet that's one of the place where fighting has been heaviest. I don't know the layout south of there, whether they're using old fortifications. Like, how deep the fortifications went. But fighting near the border is a big advantage for Russia. Just trenches aren't a multi-year investment.

Severodonetsk is tough for two reasons. The first is the Azot plant. Some have been saying that it may turn into a miniature Azovstal because it also has a bunker. The factory itself is built like a fort. The second reason is the terrain. You have the river dividing it from Lisichansk and from Lisichansk their artillery has the high ground so it can reach further.

However, I have been seeing reports all day that UA is pulling back to Lisichansk as well as some videos showing the fighting mostly happening outside of the city.

here is one
t.me...

And some maps.
t.me...

edit on 9-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
8 June update

Key Takeaways

*Russian forces continued assaults against Ukrainian positions in Severodonetsk. Russian forces simultaneously seek to outflank Ukrainian positions in the region to avoid the necessity of making an opposed crossing of the Siversky Donets river.

* Russian forces are continuing operations around Sviatohirsk and west of Lyman to link up with operations southeast of Izyum and drive on Slovyansk.

* Russian forces are intensifying their operations in northwestern Kherson Oblast in response to recent Ukrainian counterattacks.

* Russian forces in Zaporizhia Oblast are focusing ground and artillery attacks near the Zaporizhia-Donetsk Oblast border and likely are seeking to strengthen control of the highway between Vasylivka-Orikhiv and Huliapole to support operations in northeast Zaporizhia.

* Russian-backed occupation authorities are attempting to set conditions for the political integration of occupied areas into the Russian Federation but are likely acting independently and in an incoherent manner due to the lack of a unifying occupation authority.

* Russian forces intensified psychological and information operations to degrade Ukrainian morale.

More at URL above.

Maps below are sourced from OpenTopoMap.

Map of Sviatohirsk area:

Map of Orikhiv area:

Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
* - Chernihivska Oblast(07:34). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(07:12). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast(06:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Cherkaska Oblast(06:44). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast(06:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Chernihivska Oblast(00:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ternopil, Ternopilska Oblast, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ivano-Frankivska Oblast, Rivne, Rivnenska Oblast, Chernivetska Oblast(00:47). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zakarpattia Oblast, Lviv, Lvivska Oblast, Kyiv Oblast, Khmelnytska Oblast, Volynska Oblast(00:44). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(00:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv, Kirovohradska Oblast, Zhytomyr, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Cherkaska Oblast, Vinnytska Oblast(00:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Heavy explosions in central Kharkiv

* - Russian troops shelled Kurakhove with MLRS killing 3 and wounding 5

* - Explosions reported in Kharkiv and Merefa

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(23:02). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Video from Sviatohirsk from Russian accounts

* - Russian artillery shelled Velyka Kostromka, Lyubomyrivka, Novomykolaivka. Aviation conducted airstrikes near Oleksandrivka, Knyazivka and Novodanylivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Avdiyivka, Novopavlivka and Zaporizhzhia directions Russian army shelled Kamianka, Avdiyivka, Pisky, Krasnohorivka, Vuhledar, Mykilske and other, Russian aviation conducted strikes near Maryinka and Kamianka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian forces have suffered significant loses near Berestove, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian artillery shelled Komyshuvakha, Vrubivka, Mykolaivka, Semyhiria and New York. Russian aviation conducted airstrikes near Nova Kamianka, Pokrovske and Klynove, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Ukrainian defence forces repelling Russian attacks at Dovhenke village, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army shelled Vilne, Adamivka, Dolyna and Tetianivka, Russian aviation conducted airstrike in Sloviansk, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Sieverodonetsk direction Russian forces shelled Pryvillia, Sieverodonetsk, Lysychansk, Voronove, Toshkivka, Hirske and other, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - At Slobozhanshyna direction Russian army shelled Udy, Pytomnyk, Rtyshyvka, Ivanivka, Husarivka and other, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian troops shelled Khodyne, Ryzhivka and Velyka Pysarivka of Sumy region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Ukrainian military back to Blahodatne

* - Ternopil, Ternopilska Oblast(16:56). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zakarpattia Oblast, Chernivetska Oblast, Rivne, Rivnenska Oblast, Lviv, Lvivska Oblast, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ivano-Frankivska Oblast, Volynska Oblast(16:54). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Khmelnytska Oblast(16:52). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Explosions reported in Odesa and region

* - Kyiv Oblast(16:24). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Chernihivska Oblast, Kirovohradska Oblast, Cherkaska Oblast, Zhytomyr, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Vinnytska Oblast(16:24). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(16:22). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Sumska Oblast(16:01). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast, Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(15:54). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Odeska Oblast(15:53). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast, Poltavska Oblast, Kryvyi Rih, Zaporizka Oblast(15:53). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Donetsk Oblast(15:42). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Exchange of bodies of fallen servicemen “50 to 50” was conducted at contact line in Zaporizhzhia region

* - Russian army shelled border areas of Chernihiv region from Novi Yurkovychi

* - Russian airstrike destroyed a school in Bakhmut

* - Russian army shelling destroyed building of Ukrainian border guards in Sumy region

* - Explosion near Kadiivka

* - Zelensky: I discussed with the German chancellor global food security and the continuation of support for Kyiv with weapons

* - Donetsk Oblast(13:39). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - 2 wounded as result of Russian shelling of Saltivka, Kharkiv

* - Energoatom: Russians kidnapped 11 employees of Zaporizhzhya NPP

* - Russian troops shelled a shelter in Bakhmut, there are wounded

* - Donetsk Oblast(11:54). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Russian military/passenger aviation is active in Southern Russia

* - Rivne, Rivnenska Oblast(11:03). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I never said they'd replace barrels in storage. Maybe they wear out in storage too under poor conditions, but when tanks fire their guns they gradually loose accuracy and have to be replaced at some point. Abrams barrels are replaced after 1,500 rounds apparently. I'd guess Russia lets them fire more, but yeah. What about this doesn't make sense to you?

Which part? The 50+ guys? That has been ongoing for about a month or two.

I think there is a couple of them in this thread I made with UA POWs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The being taken off the street part I have been seeing videos for a couple of weeks now.

All of it. If you happen to be on the street and haven't turned up, I guess that's where you get conscripted.

I don't know who your sources are or what an actual girkin is or a fake one is. BTW, your link is broken.

I am glad you are happy with your sources though. Ihope they weren't the ones saying Russians were starving or played video game combat footage.

Fixed link

Igor Girkin aka Strelkov was a commander of the separatists back in 2014, and defense minister of the mini republics. Basically a hardliner who has been criticizing Putin for not being hawkish enough, lol. He uses some funny insults sometimes.

Both sides have been reporting atrocious numbers of injured but our conversation was focusing on conscripts where you brought up that Ru raised age of enlistment.

Again, even western sources report that they hope to attract professionals in the two fields that I mentioned. Whereas UA is putting old men in trenches.

One is lacking specialists and the other is lacking cannon fodder.

Right, and I compared both sides. Who has said they aren't hoping to attract professionals? I wrote about it in my previous post. And 50+ men are perfectly capable of lighter roles like standing guard in a trench somewhere. But where do you get this idea that Russia doesn't lack cannon fodder, just because they also lack specialists? That's what I was wondering about.

I don't mind being called out for BS but really? It shows a Tank, Ballistic Missile, and an Air Defense System.
Which one of those three do you think I was talking about?

I'm just not going to have a discussion with your video. If you want to talk about it then you do the work.

Severodonetsk is tough for two reasons. The first is the Azot plant. Some have been saying that it turn into a miniature Azovstal because it also has a bunker. The factory itself is built like a fort.

Yes urban combat is tough on the attacker, that also explains why Ukraine would hold on to it. And my understing is that they've now mostly pulled out of the city, yeah.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
* - Khmelnytska Oblast(11:01). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Vinnytska Oblast(10:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast(10:43). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Sumska Oblast, Donetsk Oblast, Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(10:40). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Odeska Oblast, Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(10:38). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - The World Food Program: We expect an additional 50 million people to suffer from the food crisis

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(08:04). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Cherkaska Oblast, Odeska Oblast(08:11). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zaporizka Oblast, Kryvyi Rih, Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(08:10). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kirovohradska Oblast(08:11). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast(08:14). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Bakhmut(08:40). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Military echelon filmed in Yakhroma of Moscow region

* - Explosions at arsenal in Kadiivka, Luhansk region

* - Russian missile strike against high-rise building in Novohrad-Volynsky in Zhytomyr region overnight

* - Explosions in Kadiivka

* - Shelling in Hotmyzhsk village of Graivoron district of Belgorod region

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

* - Ship radar
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I didn't know propaganda Vasquez was back in the states.

Especially since the Russians have claimed to have killed him several times now..

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The first video in the speak the "truth" series with him has a part where he stands in front of a "Russian" tank he says they just destroyed.

Look closely at the Slat Armor on it. Then look up Russian Slat Armor and then some of the improvised Slat Armor Ukraine uses.

That should tell you everything you need to know about Vasquez. I wonder why sniper guy didn't ask him about that one. I have a good idea why.

With all the camera equipment they brought around with them I don't remember ever coming across any footage of them actually fighting. That is interesting to me.

Months ago I read that he raised over half a million for the "fight."

and yet he is still more reliable and believable than you and your Russian propaganda.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
* - At Pivdenny Buh direction Russian forces shelled Lyubymivka, Dobrianka, Bila Krynytsa, Shyroke, Bereznehuvate, Blahodatne, Lyubomyrivka and Tavriyske, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian forces conducting assault actions near Roty, Mykolaivka and Komyshuvakha, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian forces shelled Ukrainian positions near Komyshuvakha, Mykolaivka, Berestove, Bilohorivka, Semyhiria and Mayorske with howitzers and MLRS. Russian aviation conducted missile strikes near Verkhnokamianka, Zolote, Berestove, Sloviansk and New York, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sieverodonetsk direction Russian army shelled Sieverodonetsk, Lysychansk, Pryvillia and Katerynivka with mortars, artillery and MLRS. Russian aviation conducted airstrike at Toshkivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Kharkiv, Kharkivska Oblast(10:33). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - At Lyman direction Russian army shelled Tetianivka, Pryshyb and Serebrianka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army conducted missile strike near Kramatorsk, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army conducted offensive actions near Bohorodychne and Dovhenke, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Dibrivne, Komyshuvakha and Kurulka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian army shelled Staryi Saltiv, Ruski Tyshky, Cherkaski Tyshky, Korobochkine, Asiivka, Chepil and Udy at Kharkiv direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Kramatorsk(10:14). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder

* - Ship radar
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>