It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

* Two more Russian soldiers sentenced to jail for war crimes.

* Ukrainian official says half of Sievierdonetsk is under Russian control

* First ship sails from Mariupol since Russia seized city

* EU proposes €9 billion in financial aid to Kyiv

* Russia's Gazprom suspends gas supplies to the Netherlands

* Russia's Lavrov to visit Turkey on June 8 for talks on Ukrainian exports

Link

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Putin crumbling: The Russian army is force to retreating!

According to this antiwar Russians are increasing, including among politicians

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

[ Video ]
Another video with refuseniks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, this time the 57th Motorized Brigade.

Everything is as usual: the command are idiots, there are no heavy weapons, soldiers ask why they are being treated as numbers that can be replaced.
Officers are in the rear and soldiers demand they be at the front line with them.

t.me...

[ Video ]
A resident of Mariupol on how the Azovs fired at houses for fun

🇬🇧 #english @video_languages

t.me...

[ Video ]
The Ukrainian Army keeps handing conscription subpoenas to unaware men, reports say that they are mainly waiting in gas stations for incautious civilians.

t.me...

[ Album ]
The bodies of the Russian prisoners of war who were executed by Ukrainian nazis in Malaya Rogan, Kharkov around the end of March 2022 were found.

t.me...

[ Album ]
Turkey has cancelled or postponed some planned NATO drills in the Black Sea due to the requirements of the Montreux Convention amid tensions between Russia and Ukraine, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in an interview with the Anadolu Agency on Tuesday 31 May 2022.

"If we had joined the sanctions, we would not have been able to fulfill the mediation role that we have now. We applied the Montreux Convention to warships, but the airspace, that corridor, we have to keep it open. Outside of the convention, there have been requests from Russia, the United States for ships to pass. We have, in accordance with the convention, cancelled or postponed planned NATO drills. We play an important role, and we fulfill our obligations," he said.

t.me...

[Forwarded from Xoaquin FIores - New Resistance]
[ Photo ]
🇺🇦 In mid-May, Ukrainian channels distributed a video showing Ukrainians going to the Russian border and setting up a border post.

There were suggestions that the video was staged. And today, this was officially confirmed by the ex-head of the Kharkiv regional department of the SBU, who was recently fired after a conflict with Zelensky.

According to him, personnel of the 227th battalion of the 127th brigade were involved in filming the “performance for the president”. The recording did not go according to plan: a battle began, during which the Ukrainian fighters had to "shamefully throw" the installed pole and run away. The losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine amounted to 4 people killed and 3 wounded.

What happened is very consistent with the logic of the actions of the Kyiv authorities: as we have already written more than once, Zelensky and his team are trying to replace real major successes with high-profile media victories. Even if you have to sacrifice an entire squad to create a propaganda video.

t.me...

Related video from before the above revelation from a Ukrainian soldier.

[Forwarded from Heil Ukraine]
[ Video ]
🇺🇦 Ukrainian neo-Nazies.

Remember when the president of Ukraine congratulated his troops with a great victory at the border with Russia..

Well, there is a little update, not only that it turned out to be a laughable fake with a dummy border pillar,

a bit later, the same battalion ditched their positions leaving their battle buddies in a meatgrinder..

Glory to the heroes!!

t.me...

Azov Ukraine Supporters Channel
t.me...

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
* - Head of regional administration says Sieverodonetsk is largely under Russian control

* - Russian forces deploying mines at shores of Inhulets river to prevent possible offensive of Ukrainian forces. Russian aviation conducted airstrikes near Davydiv Brid of Kherson region, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Russian forces attempting to establish full control over Sieverodonetsk, and encircle Ukrainian defence forces, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the evening report

* - Slovak President Zuzana Chaputova spoke in the Verkhovna Rada: Slovakia plans to supply Zuzana howitzers to Ukraine

* - Head of Zaporizhzhia regional administration calls population to evacuate dangerous zones of region

* - Russian troops have captured approximately half of Sieverodonetsk city, heavy battles ongoing - head of administration

* - Bridge at Davydiv Brid blown up

* - Poland PM @morawieckim ahead of the euco day 2: Russia is a barbaric country, cannot be relied upon in any way. It turned out to be a criminal country. We're discussing to move away ASAP not only from coal or oil, but also in the longer term - as some memb states emphasize -from gas

* - Explosions again in Mykolaiv

* - After ammonia pipeline damage, smell reported only in Travneve village

* - 3 killed in shelling in Kharkiv region

* - Russian artillery shelled Oleksandrivka, Prybuzke, Posad-Pokrovske, Novohryhorivka, Osokorivka, Knyazivka and Trudolyubivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Russian aviation conducted airstrikes near Mala Tokmachka, Novoandriivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Bakhmut direction Russian army conducting assault near Zolote, Komyshuvakha, Nyrkove, Berestove, Pokrovske, Dolomytne, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - Battles continue at Sieverodonetsk and Toshkivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Sloviansk direction Russian army shelled Dovhenke, Virnopillia, Grushuvakha and Velyka Komyshuvakha, attempted to assault Dovhenke - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - At Kharkiv direction Russian army shelled Terny, Lozova, Protopopivka, Rudneve and Sokolivka, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

* - 3 killed, 6 wounded as result of Russian missile strike in Sloviansk

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine
* - MilitaryLand - Maps

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   
31 May update

Key Takeaways

* Russian forces are increasingly focused on advancing on Slovyansk from the southeast of Izyum and west of Lyman.

* Russian forces are making gains within and around Severodonetsk.

* Russian forces are likely hoping to advance on Lysychansk from Toshkivka in order to avoid having to fight across the Severskyi Donets River from Severodonetsk.

* The Russian grouping in Kherson Oblast is likely feeling the pressure of the limited Ukrainian counteroffensive in northwestern Kherson Oblast, especially as much of the Russian operational focus is currently on the capture of Severodonetsk.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Russian media have lost their minds...

edit on 1-6-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   

[ Photo ]
Switzerland has blocked the supply of armored vehicles to Ukraine from Denmark.

Zurich referred to the policy of neutrality and the obligation not to supply weapons to conflict zones, the SRF TV company reports.

We are talking about Denmark's plans to supply Ukraine with about 25 Piranha III Swiss-made infantry fighting vehicles.

t.me...

Russian air defenses shot down a Su-25 aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near the village of Sergeyevka of the Donetsk People's Republic.

A Ukrainian Mi-8 helicopter was also shot down near Kharkiv and seven drones.

Missile troops and artillery of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation destroyed a battery of 155-mm American M777 howitzers, a 203-mm 2C7 "Peony" cannon, a Grad multiple rocket launcher vehicle and two ammunition depots and up to 200 nationalists in a day.

The Russian Aerospace Forces destroyed 9 tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, a battery of Grad installations, six guns and mortars, 13 military vehicles, one OSA-AKM anti-aircraft complex, as well as more than 140 nationalists.

High-precision missiles hit five control points of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and 29 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment.

t.me...

🇰🇿🇷🇺 Kazakhstan will not join sanctions against Russia - Ambassador Kosherbayev

The Ambassador of Kazakhstan said this on the air of the TV channel "Russia 24".

"We will not take steps that may contradict the spirit of our partnership," he said.

Russia remains Kazakhstan's closest neighbor and most important partner under any circumstances, Yermek Kosherbayev added.

"Kazakhstan has never participated and will not participate in geopolitical games"

t.me...

Mariupol and St. Petersburg became twin cities.

The agreement was signed today at the Mariupol Philharmonic, reports @rt_russian.

t.me...

Erdogan has claims not only to Finland and Sweden.

According to him, terrorist organizations are also supported by Germany, France and the Netherlands.

In addition, Turkey has not yet received concrete proposals to resolve its concerns about the accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO, he said.

Earlier, Ankara demanded that potential candidates for NATO membership stop supporting the Kurdistan Workers' Party, which Turkey considers a terrorist organization.

In Finland and Sweden, the party is considered the opposition.

t.me...

🇷🇺🇮🇳While the EU imposes an embargo, India becomes the largest buyer of Russian oil.

It processes this oil and resells it to Europe.

Indian refineries Reliance and Nayara are increasing purchases of "black gold" at a discount, writes Reuters.

"India has bought about 62.5 million barrels of Russian oil since February 24 — three times more than in the same period of 2021," the newspaper reports.

Half of all oil is received by the largest private refineries, which then send it for sale, including to the European Union (!).

At the same time, thanks to the 15% increase in exports of petroleum products, companies are making record profits.

Soon, Russian oil will travel around the world before entering the EU. And the Europeans will pay for this "tour".

t.me...

Kherson offensive that everyone kept talking about. Looks like it got crushed and got thrown back across the river where they came.

From above

As for the counterattack of the Ukrainian army in the southern operational-strategic direction (Kherson region), it did not bring any significant successes. Moreover, a video made by members of the 35th Brigade of the Ukrainian Navy Infantry appeared, which tried to force a water barrier over them for several days, over which they stretched cables, and their pontoon bridge was destroyed. They accused the brigade command of unscrupulous behavior during the b / d, which saw them as cannon fodder, for that failure in which they had about 100 soldiers thrown out of the machine in 4 days of fighting.

t.me...

[ Video ]
What kind of "victories" in the Nikolaev-Kherson direction are Kyiv propaganda shouting about?

Those who were thrown on the offensive speak about the situation here - with very deplorable results:

"We are a separate 18th Marine Battalion of the 35th Brigade, appealing to the public for help, to influence the top leadership of the brigade for their criminal orders, sending us to attack with the enemy under their shelling.

Thanks for the translation to make this video to:
t.me...

t.me...

[Forwarded from UKR LEAKS eng]
[ Video ]
⚡️AFU Strikes on the Grain Storage⚡️

Behind me you can see the burning granary in Rubezhnoe. It became the target of a strike by the Ukrainian security forces. And all this is happening against the backdrop of global hysteria about the shortage of grain reserves. Coincidence?

t.me...

[ Photo ]
Russian troops occupied almost 80% of the village of Kamyshevakha north of Popasnaya

t.me...

[ Video ]
Ukrainian militants continue to equip their positions near residential buildings, exposing civilians to retaliation - a typical tactic of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, a "human shield" in action t.me...

t.me...

edit on 1-6-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Although the allies have provided continuous support for Ukraine, as Russia threatens more dangerous escalation, some of them may seek to shield Putin from humiliation and softly advocate for Russian interests to be accommodated. Those who are tempted to pursue such an approach keep forgetting that this is a tried and tested strategy — and one where the West will always lose.

Article

Natia SesKuria argues that providing Putin with off-ramps concerning the war in Ukraine would only serve to further the policies of appeasement. But I am concerned by her compelling argument. There is no reason why Putin would meekly accept a humiliating military and political defeat in Ukraine. Also, that outcome would likely lead to Russia invading Ukraine 3- 10 years later. So instead, Putin's regime would use the interim to address the underlying issues behind their lousy military performance in that country.

Alternately, Putin's regime faces economic collapse and the risk of a coup or China invading Siberia under the guise of liberation. Welcome to the Kobayashi Maru scenario unfolding before our eyes.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Official documents have been published by the Russian MoD confirming that the US Department of Defence Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) is working in Ukraine with a specific military-biological focus:

▪️The memorandum regarding the UP-2 project was prepared by the office of the US Secretary of Defence: according to the document, the mapping of especially dangerous pathogens in Ukraine should have been held;

▪️The document notes that the main task of this project is to collect information on the molecular composition of pathogens that are typical in Ukraine and to transfer samples of strains;

▪️A similar memorandum was prepared as part of the UP-1 project, aimed at studying rickettsia and other diseases spread by arthropods. The document noted the need to transfer all collections of especially dangerous pathogens to the central reference laboratory, which would make it possible to facilitate the process of exporting them to the United States;

▪️The large-scale UP-4 project was carried out to study the possibility of spreading especially dangerous infections through migratory birds. The documents show that for the period from November 2019 to January 2020, 991 biological samples were collected;

▪️There is information about the implementation of 10 such projects (including UP-3, UP-6, UP-8, UP-10), which included work with pathogens of especially dangerous and economically significant infections. Among them are the Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever, leptospirosis, tick-borne encephalitis, African swine fever

And I one more time want to remind you about my investigation Weapon in a test tube. How the United States turned Ukraine into a biological testing ground (ukr-leaks.org...)

t.me...

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russian media have lost their minds...

russians be singing

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me go all out
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL
Up in HERE, up in HERE!
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool
Up in HERE, up in HERE!

edit on 1-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

How is the ghost of Kyiv doing? Seen any T62 tanks on the battlefield? How about mass graves at Mariupol? Has MSM had any more generals on to critique video game footage? The evacuation of AU forces from Mariupol will go down in the halls of Glory, yes? Has Anybody seen that American guy that destroyed 4 Russian tanks lately?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The government doesn't lie. They told me so. Any day now I am sure they will find those WMDs. MSM is great. Have you heard about Kyle Rittenhouse? He crossed state lines.
edit on Wed Jun 1 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Reminder....

This is the topic:

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

Let's please stick to UPDATING that topic.

Please keep Chit Chat to a minimum.
Use the Private Message system for private chatting.
Go after the ball not the player.

Do NOT feed the trolls!
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is it TROLLING, or just a difference of opinion????

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Ignoring this responsibility could include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

[Forwarded from Lord Of War]
[ Video ]
🇺🇦 Ukrainians sell NATO humanitarian aid in supermarkets. Video from Kharkov #UkraineWar #Russia #Ukraine

t.me...

[ Photo ]
🇬🇷🇩🇪Germany has agreed with Greece to send Ukraine old infantry fighting vehicles.

The BMP-1 produced 30 years ago will go to Kiev instead of new cars.

In return, the Germans will give the Greeks more or less modern Marder infantry fighting vehicles, Die Welt reports.

By the way, Greece recently "stopped" supplying weapons to Kiev, as 66% of Greeks are against helping Ukraine.

However, Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis could not refuse such a deal.

The cycle of old weapons always ends with Ukraine.

t.me...

[Forwarded from MoD Russia]
[ Video ]
🏳️🇺🇦 Captured AFU soldier talks to his mother

💬 "...I surrendered to the Russian soldiers, told them the truth that I didn't kill anyone, that I was forced to go to war and they believed me and treat me well. Everything is fine, they are kind, there was nothing to eat and drink, so I surrendered to them. Our people sent us into battle like cannon fodder, even though they knew we couldn't fight. And it turned out that people are of the kindest soul here, truly our people, they feed us. They said they would let us go home as soon as the war is over..."

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #POWs
@mod_russia_en

t.me...

I am always seeing them talk about how they are fed. The first link is to how humanitarian aid going on the shelves for sale.

Interview with a British journalist who just returned from Ukraine and angered the mainstream press for his remarks on the neo-Nazis of Azov Battalion. Britain’s Morning Star editor Steve Sweeney described BBC’s reporting on the Azov battalion as “a masterclass in fascism denial.”

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ahem. The Morning Star is a Communist rag. About as credible as RT.

Probably much less so.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Overall, we rate The Morning Star strongly Left Biased based on story selection and editorial bias that favors a socialist perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual, rather than High, due to not utilizing hyperlinked sourcing, but maintaining a clean fact check record.

Mediabiasfactcheck

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So, you like leftie sources? Are you a Communist?

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

So, you like leftie sources? Are you a Communist?

Depends. Is this a thread for policy and politics or is it for dissemination of facts?

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join