It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There was a missile strike at Motor Sich which China wanted to buy.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Alligator is said to be the top tank / artillery busters currently in the world. It has excellent range and the new ones have AESA radar which can detect and track tanks and artillery from dozens of miles away.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Putin signs decree making it easier for Ukrainian citizens to acquire Russian citizenship

t.me...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Russia cruise missiled a mall in Zaporezhia because malls are strategic infrastructure because we all know women simply cannot survive without mall.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: fuzz4262

Let me guess, this is similar to the law that passed when they illegally annexed Crimea. Any Ukrainian refusing to change their citizenship will be deported from the occupied area.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: fuzz4262
Russia cruise missiled a mall in Zaporezhia because malls are strategic infrastructure because we all know women simply cannot survive without mall.

twitter.com...

It was probably being used to store weapons.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Were any weapons discovered there, or only dead shoppers like the last dozen or so malls that russia intentionally targeted (including many FAR away from any fighting)?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The best airborne tank killer used so far in Ukraine?

Possibly.

But take out 'airborne' or 'being used in Ukraine' and it isn't even close to being an accurate statement.

It's also very easy to shoot them down with modern manpads.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I disagree i think its likely they will secure that area. Russia has taken the high ground and i noticed they keep using the same tactic. Attack from 3 sides while leaving an escape route to defenders hoping they take it instead of fight. Here is where the numbers advantage comes in for Russia. more troops means more area they can cover.

YEah sometimes you lose even with the high ground. This ain't star wars and russia is not obi wan kenobi.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hungary to Force Large Companies to Turn Over ‘Extra Profit’

Hungary will oblige banks, telecoms firms, large retail chains, insurers, energy companies and airlines to pay a "large part of their extra profits" into the state budget, Prime Minister Viktor Orban announced on Wednesday on his Facebook page.

Orban said the windfall taxes will apply in 2022 and 2023. He said that banks and companies that make "extra profits" in the current difficult situation amid the war in Ukraine and surging prices, will have to contribute to the costs of strengthening the Hungarian army and financing caps on households' energy bills.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Mmm, my sense is that is a kick in the seat of the pants of the EU bureaucracy.

Why?

Because, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, western Europe moved into the decayed economies of central Europe and promptly bought up any businesses or factories that could have posed competition for, say, French and German firms and chains.

The western European businessmen then shut those businesses down and fired the staff.

In the place of those killed-off businesses were put western European firms, businesses, and chain stores.

The western Europeans got rid of potential competition and stood up services and production (solely on their terms) in one swoop. The many people unemployed by those actions became a source of cheap, educated labor for western European firms and factories (they moved west and left their home countries with enduring shortages of skilled laborers).

So, I imagine what Hungary has in terms of large businesses and retail chains are primarily German and French firms along with some others from Austria etc.

For over a year now, the Brussels Eurocracy has been riding Hungary over ideological differences, with the real sticking point being that the Hungarian people actually support Orban and have elected him to office more than once. Orban is definitely NOT Brussels' cup of tea.

In some measure, then, I assume Orban is slapping them financially; and, I think that may be an effective tactic for him, for the EU is above all about money. When the western European firms start losing profits there, they will pressure their own politicians and Eurocrats to leave Orban alone.

Be interesting to see how the EU reacts to this hit to the wallets of their large commercial firms.

Cheers

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

MANPADS don't have the range to engage Alligator. Alligator kills from more than 10 km away.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A very graphic video of KUB[-BLA kamikaze drone. Not for the faint hearted.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Really?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It is rare. Russia more than replaced losses. Also, Alligator has ejection seats. No other helicopter has ejection seats. Pilot survival is high.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is rare.

Not as rare as you think.

First day of the invasion.

And more.

www.express.co.uk...

It's yet more Russian over hyped junk.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Best to make Alligator into a drone. Pilots can fly it on the couch. Better also keep a manned version which shoots KUB-BLA kamikaze drones which has 40 km range.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Helicopter survival, not so high.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If you like war and Russia so much, why don't you sign up to fight for them?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Chechen war music is practically identical to Native American war music.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join