It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

The US, the UK and France all are nuclear powers and all members of NATO. If Russia thinks it can get away with using a nuke they are a lot stupider than I figured.

edit on 8-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Yes Putin really made a huge miscalculation. Especially taking this long for his forces to accomplish his goals.

The Russians invaders are getting their asses kicked. This in turn is causing the surviving conscripts, who lack motivation in the first place, to rape, pillage and burn the defenseless civilian population and infrastructure. Their only 'triumphs'.

In the meantime, the ukrainian soldier is getting valuable experience over the same time scale and some good training as well. Nothing like the motivation of a soldier defending his homeland.

I do feel bad for the Russian invader's Mothers. War is hell, I hope that the Russian invaders go home and accept this defeat. Because one thing is a fact, if their dictator doesn't go nuclear, the ukrainians will be victorious đź‘Ť

edit on 5-8-2022 by vance because: Spelling edit

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

Yes Putin really made a huge miscalculation. Especially taking this long for his forces to accomplish his goals.

The Russians invaders are getting their asses kicked. This in turn is causing the surviving conscripts, who lack motivation in the first place, to rape, pillage and burn the defenseless civilian population and infrastructure. Their only 'triumphs'.

In the meantime, the ukrainian soldier is getting valuable experience over the same time scale and some good training as well. Nothing like the motivation of a soldier defending his homeland.

I do feel bad for the Russian invader's Mothers. War is hell, I hope that the Russian invaders go home and accept this defeat. Because one thing is a fact, if their dictator doesn't go nuclear, the ukrainians will be victorious đź‘Ť

Agreed.

russia started a war it can't possibly win in the long term without hurling nukes, Ukrainians don't appear to have any desire of surrendering to russia, no matter the cost.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

This is what happens when people can't think for themselves. Sadly it's not the son but the father. Also, and sadly, its why the Russian government gets away with slaughtering their own people.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: alphabetaone

They are playing word games.

The U.S. has secretly had posession of an s300 made by russia for a very long time at one of our testing facilities.

We broke opsec in that decades old program and donated the entire s300 from our test facility to Ukraine about a month ago when russia started attacking Kiev using planes that take off from belarus, since Ukraine didn't have enough old russian gear to defend from that direction.

Russia has falsely claimed that they've destroyed the donated s300 in a variety of crazy and crazier ways, all of them false reports of course, but they'll eventually succeed in destroying it.

Now they're playing word games to make it sound like we provided a higher quality American radar and missile system, when it's the same s300 that Ukraine already had, the fact that we had analyzed this particular one in the American desert for a decade or two doesn't make it any less of a russian anti aircraft system.

Wanna know what other russian weapons we have at our testing facilities?

Me too. Because we should immediately donate everything non nuclear to Ukraine for use against russia.

Greece has the s-300 system as well and they originally donated them to the US for stealth testing. a f-22 can get within 22 nm of a s-300 before detection.

I wasn't aware of the Greek system, though it wouldn't surprise me a bit, especially since the detection distance you stated is pretty damn close to accurate (we can actually get closer than that under certain conditions).

well a f-22 can hit them out at 65 nm with a glide bomb,without a lock on so they dont even see it coming from 100 k feet. In a full EM environmant i believe it was 15 miles using terrain masking and other tricks.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The U.S. has secretly had posession of an s300 made by russia for a very long time at one of our testing facilities.

We broke opsec in that decades old program and donated the entire s300 from our test facility to Ukraine about a month ago when russia started attacking Kiev using planes that take off from belarus, since Ukraine didn't have enough old russian gear to defend from that direction.

Russia has falsely claimed that they've destroyed the donated s300 in a variety of crazy and crazier ways, all of them false reports of course, but they'll eventually succeed in destroying it.

Now they're playing word games to make it sound like we provided a higher quality American radar and missile system, when it's the same s300 that Ukraine already had, the fact that we had analyzed this particular one in the American desert for a decade or two doesn't make it any less of a russian anti aircraft system.

Me too. Because we should immediately donate everything non nuclear to Ukraine for use against russia.

Greece has the s-300 system as well and they originally donated them to the US for stealth testing. a f-22 can get within 22 nm of a s-300 before detection.

I wasn't aware of the Greek system, though it wouldn't surprise me a bit, especially since the detection distance you stated is pretty damn close to accurate (we can actually get closer than that under certain conditions).

well a f-22 can hit them out at 65 nm with a glide bomb,without a lock on so they dont even see it coming from 100 k feet. In a full EM environmant i believe it was 15 miles using terrain masking and other tricks.

I really appreciate your post on the subject, but it's getting uncomfortably close to the list of topics my defense industry employer doesn't want any employees to discuss online, so I have no comment.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I really appreciate your post on the subject, but it's getting uncomfortably close to the list of topics my defense industry employer doesn't want any employees to discuss online, so I have no comment.

NP. the black tris can do even better btw. hover in near plain sight and fry electronics,basically fusing their circuits,but i digress. you have a good night.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

NP. the black tris can do even better btw. hover in near plain sight and fry electronics,basically fusing their circuits,but i digress. you have a good night.

russia and ccp supporters have absolutely no idea how far behind and basically defenseless those countries are vs the U.S.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Wright-Patt was being literal when they organized the "foreign technology division".

CI spun tales of alien craft testing at A51 to cover up testing of captured or otherwise acquired aircraft of interest.

Some of the captured gear was far better than suspected.

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Some of the captured gear was far better than suspected.

Cheers

Not recently I suspect.

At least not the few that I'm a little familiar with.

edit on 9-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The early MiGs were far more maneuverable than our people had believed.

Not sure how many aircraft they got to play with; I know one -23 was lost because of a unwise decision to pilot it by a USAF general (who lost his life while ejecting).

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
* - NEW THREAD - LIVE video of Moscow Parade - Moscow Parade Live Stream

* - President Zelensky has confirmed that about sixty civilians were killed when a Russian bomb hit a school in eastern Ukraine on Saturday. He said people had been using the building to shelter from shelling in the village of Bilohorivka

* - Text headlines of Russian digital TV were changed to "The blood of thousands Ukrainians and hundreds of their killed children on your hands. Your authorities and TV lying to you" in apparent cyber attack

* - Missile launch over Khartsyzk

* - Air Defense working in Odesa

* - Donetsk Oblast(09:35). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Bakhmut, Kramatorsk, Mykolaiv, Mykolayivska Oblast(09:34). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Russian army shelled Zelenodolsk and Velyka Kostromka last night

* - Odeska Oblast(09:08). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Another Orlan drone shot down near Izyum

* - Russian missile hit old Jewish cemetery in Hlukhiv

* - Russian troops deployed pontoon bridge over Siversky Donets near Bilohorivka and attempting to gain ground. Heavy clashes

* - President of Ukraine Zelensky met with PM of Canada Trudeau, and awarded bomb disposal units

* - Trains cancelled to Zaporizhzhia and Odesa until 10th May, due to extended curfew

* - Secretary Antony Blinken: Our Charge d'Affaires Kristina Kvien and a small group of diplomats traveled to Kyiv today to conduct diplomatic engagements as we continue to plan for the resumption of @USEmbassyKyiv operations. Wonderful to see their arrival in Kyiv

* - President Biden:Today, I spoke with G7 Leaders and President Zelenskyy about our ironclad unity and commitment to keep strengthening Ukraine and ratcheting up the pain on Putin

* - Russian troops shelled Shostka district of Sumy region

* - Russia has destroyed a church in Sviatohirsk Cave Monastery in Donetsk Oblast

* - Russian army shelled Lysychansk refinery with artillery

* - 3 killed, 5 wounded today as result of Russian army shelling in Kharkiv region

* - Explosions reported in Sumy region

* - Explosions reported between Kherson and Mykolaiv

* - Several fires in Horlivka

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps
edit on 9-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

The early MiGs were far more maneuverable than our people had believed.

Not sure how many aircraft they got to play with; I know one -23 was lost because of a unwise decision to pilot it by a USAF general (who lost his life while ejecting).

Cheers

I've heard both of those before, but I always figured the ejecting general (was he also significantly overweight?) was just an industry myth (there are MANY of them).

edit on 9-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
* - President Zelensky met with President of the German Bundestag Bärbel Bas

* - Reports of explosions in Bohodukhiv

* - PM of Canada Justin Trudeau is visiting Irpin’

* - First lady Jill Biden made an unannounced trip today to Ukraine, to Uzhhorod in the southwest. She met with Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska, who has not been seen in public since the start of the war on February 24th

* - Smoke over Odesa after another round of missile strikes

* - Destruction in Nova Dofinivka in Odesa region as result of Russian missile strikes

* - Meeting of EU ambassadors over. No agreement yet on the sanctions on Russia. They will reconvene again tomorrow and possibly Tuesday. Hungary against

* - Clashes at Pavlivka village near Velyka Novosilka

* - Iranian FM said there is a need for a ceasefire in Ukraine and to reach an agreement. "We deeply hope we can end this conflict" - @amirabdolahian. Polish FM @rauzbigniew reiterated Warsaw's support of the Ukrainian right to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity

* - 12 years old boy killed as result of explosions of cluster ammunition bomblet in Synelnykove district of Dnipropetrovsk region

* - President Zelensky met with Croatia PM Andrej Plenković

* - Russian aviation conducted 25 sorties against Azovstal in last 24 hours, including 3 with strategic bombers

* - Ukrainian Azov Battalion: Russian forces continue their intensive bombing of the Azovstal plant

* - Another Russian Orlan drone shot down by Ukrainian army

* - 1 killed as result of Russian shelling in Mykolaiv region

* - Russian army deployed additional SAM and MLRS at the base in Northern Crimea

* - Ukrainian air defense working over Odesa

* - Ukrainian military conduction counter-offensive at Zaporizhzhia frontline - regional administration

* - Russian troops shelled a hospital in Orikhiv in Zaporizhzhia region

* - Ukrainian Su-24 hit Russian positions at Donbas

* - Big smoke column in Horlivka

* - Satellite photos by @planet taken just after 6 a.m. Sunday analyzed by the @AP show smoke rising from two points on Snake Island from Ukrainian strikes. One corresponds to video Ukraine released of a strike on a Russian helicopter. A "Z" is seen on the island's northeast corner

* - Ukraine: Ukrainian forces foiled and destroyed a Russian bridging attempt in Luhansk oblast. Damaging/capturing three PP-2005 floating bridges, IMR-2 combat engineering vehicle, a PTS-3 tracked amphibious transport vehicle, TMM-3 bridge layer and a BMP-2M (2nd attempt by Russia is underway)

* - Heavy clashes near Drobysheve

* - Another TB2 UCAV video posted by the Ukrainian Navy that appears to show strikes on two more Russian Raptor fast-attack craft

* - Reportedly 11 people are under the rubble of destroyed 2-storey building in Shypylivka of Luhansk region after Russian army shelling

* - Ukrainian military have withdraw from Popasna - head of regional administration

* - Russian army resumed assault on Azovstal in Mariupol just UN column left via evacuation bridge]

As a reminder

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Resources - Where most of the updates come from.
* - Flightradar24 - tracks flights worldwide
* - Live Ukraine control map 1 - updates on the ground
* - Ukraine Control Map 2
* - Ship radar
* - Military vessel tracker
* - Institute for the Study of War (ISW)
* - Stopfake - Site dedicated to countering Russian propaganda about Ukraine

Youtube resources -
* - Speak the Truth
* - War in Ukraine
* - Artur Rehi - Estonain soldier
* - Daily Report

Social media resources -
* - Twitter - Jomini of the West - Battlefield Maps

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wow, did russia just lose the support of the iranian mullahs?

Who still supports putin's territorial conquest, cuba and north korea?

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

A dedicated cohort here.

😂

Cheers

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I doubt it considering Russia is doing the negotiating for Iran. It's probably the Iranian leaders looking at the to do check list, seeing the make comment about Ukraine war while no one in the world is watching, check the box and move on.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I doubt it considering Russia is doing the negotiating for Iran. It's probably the Iranian leaders looking at the to do check list, seeing the make comment about Ukraine war while no one in the world is watching, check the box and move on.

It just rained on my parade.

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join