It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Flightradar24

* - HOMER21 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Patrolling Romania - Moldova/Ukraine border
* - FORTE11 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk / USAF - Patrolling the Black Sea
* - CL60 - Bombardier Challenger 650 / Unknown - Patrolling Romania - Ukraine/Moldova border
* - ROF2702 - Alenia C-27J Spartan / Romania air force - Budapest heading north inside Romania
* - RBP01 - Schiebel Camcopter S-100 (drone) / unknown - Over the Black Sea off coast of Romania
* - ROF2706 - Alenia C-27J Spartan / Romania air force - Budapest heading east in Romania
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - T01 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - Over Tampere
* - T13 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - near Jyvaskyla
* - MM55078 - Aermacchi MB-339CD / Italian air force - Over the boot.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just curious, when was the last time you recall seeing russian search and rescue patterns near where makarov was burning?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I thought Izyum was the main supply hub for russian forces inside north/east Ukraine.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Immediately following the reports of the strike on the vessel. I have not seen anything concrete about it sinking, just that it was hit. However given Russian naval losses if it was severely hit / or sunk I dont see Russian admitting it anytime soon.

However Russia deployed a new cruiser to the black see loaded with Kalibr missiles (aka a new target for Ukraine).

* - The Russian Defense Ministry announces the deployment of battleships carrying Kalibr missiles in the Black Sea

* - Ukrainian army liberated Bairak, Zamuilivka, Verkhnii Saltiv and Rubizhne, east to Kharkiv (this moves Ukraine closer to the Russian border and about cuts the Russian forces near Kharkiv area from the Russian forces in the north east). The link will take you to the map source. Click out of the source and move to north east Ukraine and the flags should be highlighted - Linky

* - Russian military convoy near Torez: SAM S-300 and Pantsyr

* - This morning Russian army launched 16 missiles from the area of Chistyakovo

edit on 10-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Re: railways.

There is also a double tracked line from Belgorod that goes to Kharkiv.

Makes sense the Russians would mass at Belgorod as they can easily supply troops defending the approaches to the Russian border from the Kharkiv area.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Dude its just your opinion

we have mods who enforce TOS and I didnt violate any rules

you cant go around policing other peoples interactions
on the forum just because you and maybe a few others dont agree with them

the fact I even have to point this is out
the fact you brought it up was off topic and derailing the thread
what I asked was perfectly on topic

as the member indicated they had an employer in the defense contractor industry
which as far as I am concerned is pretty relevant to global conflict
if they trade in arms.

Now you're done with the discussion in this thread
go back to policing peoples opinions you dont agree with.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   

aye very good

you as well aye

edit on 10-5-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Izyum is where most of those troops and supplies have been going lately, you may be thinking of Kupyansk.

Izyum is the Northern tip at the rear of the large Ukrainian salient in the South East, and where russia had been massing forces to cut off that salient.

edit on 10-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

On the mini-map, Izyum is on the line running SE of Kharkiv. With lines occasionally going down to single track in the area, looks like running supplies by rail into Izyum could be problematic.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yup, I bet that's what caused the russian panic today, that double track line you highlighted is just barely within range of Ukrainian strikes now, though they probably can't actually hit it yet, and if advances continue at the same pace Ukraine could cut off that line with artillery in a few days.

Ukraine is currently threatening BOTH of the lines with the capability of supplying Izyum, where russia has been massing a large force.

Great catch!

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

you have a pm.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I have also seen reports that Ukrainian forces have pushed Russian forces out of artillery range of Kharkiv. At the same time Ukraine is trying to get some of their newer artillery into position that places russian supply lines at risk.

you have a pm

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I have also seen reports that Ukrainian forces have pushed Russian forces out of artillery range of Kharkiv. At the same time Ukraine is trying to get some of their newer artillery into position that places russian supply lines at risk.

you have a pm

I can sorta confirm the Kharkiv artillery bit, I didn't see any official announcement when it happened a few days ago, but the russians are way out of range now.

This is the area where 5 M777s and 2 Bushmasters were briefly caught on video about a week ago (I assume another 5 guns were there since the fire base was leapfrogging), and I think is at least partially responsible for the recent successes north and east of Kharkiv, but they still need more of both, and it would be extremely helpful to get them some Excalibur rounds ASAP.

Like win the entire east in a few weeks helpful.

Because Ukraine is already within Excalibur range of every russian supply line and BTG in the east.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
@XCathdra -- replied.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

"The Russian Defense Ministry announces the deployment of battleships carrying Kalibr missiles in the Black Sea"

Does anyone need more circumstantial evidence that makarov is no more?

I wonder if russian battleships can withstand a Neptune strike?

I'm guessing it would only result in scratched paint.

Or do their battleships also have serious design flaws?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The reporting on the Russian navy seems to be by people who don't quite know the types of vessels there are (on any side reporting). Given the fact Turkey closed the straights to Russian military vessels not home ported in the Black Sea / Caspian Sea, Russia kind of shot themselves in the foot with an 18 inch gun by losing certain ships and not being able to replace them.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   

received and a new one launched your direction. It should evade all sam's en route.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The reporting on the Russian navy seems to be by people who don't quite know the types of vessels there are (on any side reporting). Given the fact Turkey closed the straights to Russian military vessels not home ported in the Black Sea / Caspian Sea, Russia kind of shot themselves in the foot with an 18 inch gun by losing certain ships and not being able to replace them.

You bring up a good point, do we know they are actually 'Battleships', or did they use the term deceptively to mean 'naval ship'?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

They are not battleships. From all the info I am seeing they only have destroyers left so yes, naval ships is appropriate.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   

They are not battleships. From all the info I am seeing they only have destroyers left so yes, naval ships is appropriate.

I bet the Neptune crews are jumping for joy at that news!

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join