It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving UKRAINE is NOT Worth a War Between the USA and RUSSIA.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
get ready suckers --- oil just hit $125 🤓

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

I do not however think that we've even remotely been told the truth about anything.

This is a fact. And it isn't just Ukraine it is on just about everything. We are given 1% of the information and out of the 1% who knows how much is even true or real

Media and government did this to themselves. They have done nothing to earn back our trust

If I didn't know how much corruption, laundering, etc., U.S. political officials and their families have undertaken in Ukraine over the years, I'd be totally perplexed by the concern Democrats/CNN/MSNBC have been voicing over Putin possibly replacing Zelensky with someone who is a friend of his.

But as things stand, I totally understand why they are panicking over the possibility that Putin may replace Zelensky, and why Washington D.C. is considering forcing their own Zelensky replacement.

Protecting the Secrets if Zelensky is removed: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Is there something we forgot?

a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't know. Are you speaking of Fukushima Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
edit on 6-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It was also after --

...Russian people and Russian interests which were being threatened by Ukraine/the west's actions, including the same neo-Nazi militant groups discussed ad nauseum which were committing acts of war upon their fellow Ukrainians -- Russian sympathetic, Russian heritage, Russian loyalties. Aggressions and acts of war that continued up to Russia's invasion, and continue to this day (from numerous reports).

Hence --

Because of the vote, a very good case can be made that Russia was in fact and in deed acting in defense of their lives and best interests against the aggressions and acts of war they were suffering by Ukraine/Ukrainians. In which case, Russia was not the aggressor, but the defender or liberator.

I will be more specific and state that while the means (military intervention) and end result (return of Crimea to Russia) are the same, the motivations are not. There is a very big difference between Russia using its military might to protect and defend, and Russia using its military might to reconstruct the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They're going fast!: www.etsy.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't know. Are you speaking of Fukushima and Nagasaki?

Just to clarify, I believe you meant Hiroshima.

Or am I missing something about Fukushima?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's the very same propaganda that Putin is trying to feed us now. Are you buying it now too? Is Putin's really just trying to save some poor disenfranchised minorities by de-nazifying all of Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Putin possibly replacing Zelensky with someone who is a friend of his.

But as things stand, I totally understand why they are panicking over the possibility that Putin may replace Zelensky,

That's not his right to invade a sovereign country, destroy it, and overthrow their democratically elected government in order to install or replace it with someone who is favorable to him.

It's no secret why Putin wants to do it, but he doesn't have the right to do it. That's why most of the world stands with Ukraine.

# him.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I don't know. Are you speaking of Fukushima and Nagasaki?

Just to clarify, I believe you meant Hiroshima.

Or am I missing something about Fukushima?

Ooops Fixed it...thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Yep. I feel like I'm watching the Hunger Games and Ukraine is little Rue. Even the news coverage and the talking heads remind me of Caesar Flickerman interviewing soon to be dead contestants. Makes me feel dirty. That's why I'm sticking to the internet and rarely looking at mainstream media. They are vicious cannibals.

If the world survives, the MSM is scheduled to be one of the entities who will face a reckoning over the next few years, after their protectors (Democrats and RINOs) are removed from power.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

after their protectors (Democrats and RINOs)

What's the third option? Who are the "real" Republicans?
edit on 6-3-2022 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The only people who should be shipped off to fight this war are the ones that helped facilitate it...

Hunter Biden especially!!

If we start seeing members of Congress and other powerful people flying to the Southern Hemisphere, it's time to make peace with the creator.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Here's a set of "good guys": thehill.com...

More coming (being elected) in November of this year.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JAY1980
The only people who should be shipped off to fight this war are the ones that helped facilitate it...

Hunter Biden especially!!

If we start seeing members of Congress and other powerful people flying to the Southern Hemisphere, it's time to make peace with the creator.

Quick!

Somebody get eyes on Ted Cruz!

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Spacespider
If I refer to Ronald Reagans words " how quickly we would reside our problems if an outside alien force would be among us and threatened us" we still wouldn't believe it and that same alien force would fortunately persuade us to kill ourselves with our own stupidity.

As we see today

If the world's leaders acknowledge the alien force, and its power to wipe out the trouble-makers, if we don't make peace, humanity would be saved.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I suspect a lot of the 'in favor of getting involved militarily' crowd is thinking of drone and air strikes.

boots on the ground is a lot different.

I agree with OP. I feel bad for Ukraine but am not willing to sacrifice US lives for it.

NATO needs to get its act together.

if we had a real leader in the West he might tell Putin 'go ahead and take half of Ukraine but NO MORE'.

does this make me an appeaser?

Well you could argue that's what they did last time let him keep Ukraine's territory to stop Russian advances. And yet here we are again as he annexed more and invaded again. If you keep redrawing the lines eventually they have no meaning do they?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

I think the point is if this grows into a war between Russia and USA no form of democracy or any form of Government wii survive

SookieChaCha knows. She wasn't born yesterday, and has been actively involved on ATS for a decade now.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Here's a set of "good guys": thehill.com...

More coming (being elected) in November of this year.

That's what I thought.

American right-wing fascists wanting to install autocracy in America. Toe the right wing extremist line or you're not a *real* republican. When you call Liz Cheney a RINO, you're probably no longer the party of Reagan and no longer represent traditional Republican values. You'd likely call him a RINO too. But we knew that.

We see through it. And the propaganda.
edit on 6-3-2022 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I tend to believe that a war between US and Russia has always been unavoidable, parastroika gave us hope, but recent events have just shown us how inevitable a face-off will be. Do we try to stop them in North Africa and France? Or do we wait for them to consume Europe. Understand that I believe our European Allies can handle Russia, but our enemies will give us no less than 3 battle fronts. With the ability of modern militarys to push harder and faster than ever before, do we wait for the next Pearl Harbor?

I am content with aiding Ukraine with equipment and intelligence, but when does Europe's threat become a global threat. My hope is that Putin pulls back to save face, and not ratchet up the attack and push farther in. If China or Iran or North Korea make an aggressive move we may get caught in a very chaotic moment, one where we do not have the military advantage.

The idea that Putin will be satisfied with a victory in Ukraine is most likely off the table now... he is paranoid and his economy is in near shambles. Do you see a scenario where Putin can save face and protect the legacy of his country and his leadership? A coup seems to be the only thing that can stop what is in motion... or the west can submit. Hope I'm wrong

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

That's the very same propaganda that Putin is trying to feed us now.

Yes, Putin is consistent... as are many other sources saying the same thing. Are they all lying liars? Maybe. Maybe not. Given the consistency, longevity and multiple sources both east and west, and the official standing of the Azov Battallion, there's obviously some truth to it. To what extent, I'm not sure.

Honestly, I really really don't want to believe the worst accusations, because that's just horrendous to contemplate, and I would know that our government aided and abetted those atrocities.

Is Putin's really just trying to save some poor disenfranchised minorities by de-nazifying all of Ukraine?

For starters, Putin has its own Russian neo-Nazis to worry about de-nazifying.... but he's apparently not interested in the ones fighting for him. Daily Mail has a story on its front page today about a pro-Russian neo-Nazi commander that was killed today. Apparently, Putin doesn't have a problem with neo-Nazis when their nationalism is "yay Russia!"

So while I do think there are Ukrainian neo-Nazis which are and have been a major thorn in Putin's side for some time, he only played up the neo-Nazi part because he knew the reaction it would get in the west. Putin knew that wouldn't play well with the masses. And he knew there is enough truth to make it stick. That's the propaganda part, but it's the fundamental truth of the matter that makes it work.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join