It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just ran out to gas up the car.
Also bought Cocoa Puffs.

...and beer.

...and stole some oranges from my neighbor's tree.

Careful in Florida orange theft is serious. Not joking.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Just ran out to gas up the car.
Also bought Cocoa Puffs.

...and beer.

Careful in Florida orange theft is serious. Not joking.

Snow birds...they're in Connecticut.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah well, it is probably what will happen. It will be a totally different mindset, lawlessness etc. 10-20 armed goons surrounding a house to break into it, wont be taboo, in a shtf scenario.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Beans, Bullets, Bandages, and A@@ wiping, the main essentials in any long term hunker down situation. Alcohol also helps dull the aw sh@@ of it.

link   

And so it begins. . . the Orangening.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Always have the three A's, ammo, arms and alcohol. A more perfect combination does not exist.

Is this a panic pants thread? Are we thinking it's the end of the world?

I feel as if this is a good time to be a gun nut who collects bourbon.

Does collecting it in your liver count?

The lead, or alcohol?

I am totally prepared for SHTF; I have a huge red Bullseye target in hopes of being Ground Zero. If that fails, I guess I'll have to eat/drink my back-up plan.

Hopi legend says the world has passed away three times now. We're in the fourth world of existence and the day will come when a choice has to be made; one will lead to continuation of life as we know it, the other will lead to an ending of this fourth world where few survive. Another ELE bottle-neck for our species. Hopi legend says in that event, follow the animals. Animals instinctively know what us humans are too smart to figure out.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Bicent

If shtf it’s going to be important to be mobile, I don’t recommend hunkering down in your home. Maybe for a little while but if power and all civil services are out for more than a week, and no signs of returning to a civil system, roving bands of militants will be coming to raid homes businesses for supplies. You’ll have to find a community etc. I don’t foresee anything like this happening etc. however if it does you and your loved ones need to get mobile, head for the country.

Some of us don’t need to head for the country, because that’s where we live! Lol.

I don’t see a big problem with roving mobs coming here. People out here start teaching their kids to shoot bears in kindergarten. I’m dead serious.

I wish those folk around me would stop with the non stop target practice from Friday through Sunday. It sounds like the Fourth of July the whole weekend.

I really concerns me that they are wasting all that ammunition.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I really concerns me that they are wasting all that ammunition.

#1 item stolen from a store near us is ammo.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Get a job in the MIC; they'll have to care for their work force.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

First, GAS

Shelf stable foods, rice, beans, pasta, canned goods.
Make sure you have means to store and know how to rotate.
Water, water purification

Everything gardening related, seeds, TOOLS - I can’t stress this enough. I think if things get bad these things will be harder and more expensive to get.

PEST control.

Durable clothing. Order those jeans now, and good shoes, and outerwear.

When people talk about prepping we are not saying War is coming to our door, although it might. We know that there are consequences for war even many thousands miles away. Prepping will have you ready for anything, job loss, illness, or the most likely case for many of us - inflation!!!!!

Please add anything I’ve forgotten!!!

Good idea, but rice is not shelf stable for long. I have had rice go bad stored indoors at controlled temperatures. Also canned foods can go bad after 3-4 years.

War is coming. I cried on 9-11 saying war was coming and the people I worked with sent me home I was so upset, and said it didn't mean war. I now agree, war is coming and with long range missiles, well it could easily come to our doorstep, God forbid. If not, remember the rationing during WWII and the ration books when war was half a world away.

Beans and pasta do last, as do paper goods. Get chickens if you can do so legally where you live.

Store flour in your freezer as it kills the eggs that turn into bugs in flour. Store rice in an extra fridge if you have one. Get a generator if you don't have one. Learn to live without the internet. Check and see if you can survive long term without the internet and open your doors, lock them, etc.

I guess I better do some massive shopping soon. Inflation will be much worse, the eggs I bought yesterday were nearly 3X what I paid for them before Biden was elected. Expect your money to go less than half as far as it does today. I found a new local person with homegrown eggs yesterday who is selling them at half the current price of the grocery.

edit on 2/24/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Good idea, but rice is not shelf stable for long. I have had rice go bad stored indoors at controlled temperatures.

I think we store ours differntly. Asian rice can last a very long time.

extension.usu.edu...

A BYU study sampling polished rice and parboiled rice stored from 1 to 30 years found that both types of rice will keep their nutrients and flavor up to 30 years.

Check and see if you can survive long term without the internet and open your doors, lock them, etc.

This is such a good point. Many people do not have a real hobby. Luckily I have enough offline hobbies to last many lifetimes!
I do feel for the 20 somethings and teens, I think it will hit them very hard if the internet goes down for any length of time.
I think it is important to expose children to this before it happens so they can see the good side of it.

edit on 24-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well, the problem with your #1 item is...unfortunately (thanks to our tragically broken government), gasoline is no longer shelf-stable, or anywhere close to it! Gasoline with ethanol in it has a shelf-life of around 2-3 months (tops) before it starts breaking down. Doesn't matter how it's stored either.

You can add fuel stabilizers to gasoline, but they don't work for very long at all, maybe adding a couple months to the storage life. So, you can't really purchase and store gasoline as a reserve.

You can buy gasoline in some states without ethanol in it, but it's rare and you usually have to drive a ways to find a place. In most of the Communist states it's next to impossible, if not impossible, to find. The gubbmint doesn't want you buying it because it doesn't support all their cronies!

ETA - I made a point of using the word "gasoline" in lieu of 'fuel' for a reason. Diesel, on the other hand, has a whole other set of issues, but they're not ethanol related.

edit on 2/24/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's true, but I meant more get out and get a tank today, because I suspect prices are going to go up daily.

I'm not so sure I'd disagree with the government on banning people from storing gas. There would be people storing gas in milk jugs in their basement otherwise.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: The2Billies

Good idea, but rice is not shelf stable for long. I have had rice go bad stored indoors at controlled temperatures.

I think we store ours differntly. Asian rice can last a very long time.

extension.usu.edu...

A BYU study sampling polished rice and parboiled rice stored from 1 to 30 years found that both types of rice will keep their nutrients and flavor up to 30 years.

Check and see if you can survive long term without the internet and open your doors, lock them, etc.

This is such a good point. Many people do not have a real hobby. Luckily I have enough offline hobbies to last many lifetimes!
I do feel for the 20 somethings and teens, I think it will hit them very hard if the internet goes down for any length of time.
I think it is important to expose children to this before it happens so they can see the good side of it.

I'll go to the Asian store and get some there. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Not for the "government" to regulate or mandate! Just STOP with the new mandates! If people are going to be stupid, then let them be stupid on their own! Having the government regulate something will only screw it up more than it already is...badly too! Just take a look at gas cans today as a perfect example!!! This is why the old 'Gerry' surplus cans are selling for $40-50 buck and more per each now! You used to be able to buy one of these for $5 bucks, but then the government stepped in and started regulating stuff. Now you need a wad of money and 3 hands to even use one of the new gas cans. It's absolutely ridiculous!

No more damn regulations! Leave the people ALONE!

edit on 2/24/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If people are going to be stupid, then let them be stupid on their own! Having the government regulate something will only screw it up more than it already is

They won't just be stupid on their own, gasoline can have unbelieveable effects on groundwater.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I keep the motorhome filled and it's good for 600 miles. Been starting and running it generator every week and the whole house unit every couple of weeks. Have about a years shelf stable food and 3 freezers filled.

Snowstorm tonight so it'll be quiet.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just reported that Ukrainian gas is used in making microchips for computers. Especially automobile computer chips.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just reported that Ukrainian gas is used in making microchips for computers. Especially automobile computer chips.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to connect this to the cost of everything...as an excuse to cover for the faceplant TRAGEDY called BIDEN-OMICS!

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was planning on buying a new computer this summer, I guess I need to up that purchase.
I would also stock up on eyeglasses/contacts and other health aids that might be harder to get or ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join