It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heavy blackout curtains or heavy duty black garbage bags & duct tape, something to block out your lights at night. You don’t want anybody to see that you have a power source at night. Recording of a mean dog barking & growling! Lol!

Something to collect rainwater to flush the toilet & wash clothes. You don’t want to waste drinking water for that. A five gallon bucket & toilet plunger to use as a makeshift wash machine. Clothes line & clothes pins. A hanging camping shower bag. Cans of stereo to heat water or canned food.

Solar yard lights from the dollar store. Charge them during the day & use them in the house at night. Safer than candles or lanterns. Lasts longer than regular battery lights or flashlights. Hands free, strap-on forehead light. Makes chores in the dark so much easier! Vegetable seeds. At least get micro green seeds. They can be grown anywhere in a short amount of time.

Condoms! 🙄

WOQ

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Which brand of MRE did you go with?

a reply to: noscopebacon

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LSU2018

We learned about germs and immunity in the 3rd grade and were told our fingernails have the most germs. I started biting my nails after that to see if what we learned was true. I got sick a few times over a couple of months and since then, I've only ever had a cold when the weather changes and a stomach bug about every 5 years. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it worked, I don't know. To be honest with you, in this current society, I would believe my 3rd grade school lessons over what Harvard has to say anymore.

If that were the case, the dirtiest place would have the most long lived humans. We know that’s not true. The most long lived humans live in very clean, orderly places, Sardinia (clean water, clean air, clean food etc), Okinawa , etc. same.
I’ve seen many documentaries on them and read all about it. If you look at these people one thing they all have in common, they live an orderly clean life.

I also think there is a big difference in germs under the fingernails vs. bacteria in wines, cheeses, clean water.

Yeah I was about to say that you couldn't live in bacterial water and things like that. I'm just talking about taking in germs all the time to keep your body immune to them.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Please add anything I’ve forgotten!!!

How about a ticket aboard the first ufo going anywhere!
edit on 24-2-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You are right. It is not the microorganisms that are the problem, it is the relationship we have with them that makes the difference between life and death.

I made a post about it a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Solar yard lights from the dollar store. Charge them during the day & use them in the house at night. Safer than candles or lanterns. Lasts longer than regular battery lights or flashlights. Hands free, strap-on forehead light. Makes chores in the dark so much easier! Vegetable seeds. At least get micro green seeds. They can be grown anywhere in a short amount of time.

I went to our local garden center today.
Seed selection looked half of what it normally is.
Seriously, if you plan on growing anything get supplies now.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Gothmog

First, GAS

Shelf stable foods, rice, beans, pasta, canned goods.
Make sure you have means to store and know how to rotate.
Water, water purification

Everything gardening related, seeds, TOOLS - I can’t stress this enough. I think if things get bad these things will be harder and more expensive to get.

PEST control.

Durable clothing. Order those jeans now, and good shoes, and outerwear.

When people talk about prepping we are not saying War is coming to our door, although it might. We know that there are consequences for war even many thousands miles away. Prepping will have you ready for anything, job loss, illness, or the most likely case for many of us - inflation!!!!!

Please add anything I’ve forgotten!!!

Stocked my "iguana on a stick" and "bottle caps"
Those in the know will get it .

I had to laugh. My first thought when I read the OP was, one man's pest is another man's dinner.

I think us backwoods country folk may have a different list of must haves than those that live in the city or suburbs.

We all will have lists. I guess that is what makes bartering a prime feature of survival.

My post came from playing the Fallout series WAAAAYYYYY too much .

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Cant, you get a nice survival kit for about 200 bucks.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.livestrong.com...

might as well stock up on a year's worth of multi-vitamins as well, just in case the foods you end up having access to aren't enough to keep you going. Or a larger brass horde takes your stash away because you didn't want to die faster by lead poisoning than potential starvation.

a reply to: Torlin

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Seriously, it's 2022, who doesn't have this already?

Add to that a medium length shotgun with buck shot. Pump action if possible. A basic consealed carry, and gas mask with eye protection. Rated at or above law enforcement.

Rain water collection and purification gear, a solar or wind charger capable of charging a phone power bank, and a baseball bat.

🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Who doesn’t have this…..?? BUhahahhahahaha

The VAST majority thats who!!! Don’t believe it, a food bank here shut down a major highway due to the lines!

Which means that they will have boxes of tinned food.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zwazy
www.livestrong.com...

might as well stock up on a year's worth of multi-vitamins as well, just in case the foods you end up having access to aren't enough to keep you going. Or a larger brass horde takes your stash away because you didn't want to die faster by lead poisoning than potential starvation.

a reply to: Torlin

Those things are garbage. They keep the potency low to avoid regulation.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So I’m hearing that our infrastructure might be targeted.

To me that translates to our electric grid, and water.

Remember to think in terms of survival. Can you get heat during the cold?
What are water sources available to you. How long will your water source last.

I also read the Anonymous is targeting Russia but in doing some some of our stuff may be affected.
To me that signals banking, and possibly social media.

How many people have radios these days?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I also read the Anonymous is targeting Russia but in doing some some of our stuff may be affected.
To me that signals banking, and possibly social media.

Probably not, hacking against Russia is done with the Cyrillic alphabet so only keyboards that use this would be impacted. It's how Russia tacitly lets hackers operate out of their country since they only target non-Cyrillic users.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Have you anticipated families by the dozens, hundreds...coming at and away from you on foot, up the hill, over, to, thru your land.

What I train for...Homeland Security, FEMA Er Response....the scenarios like the above....are expressed and anticipated...and you guys haven't a CLUE.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Between me n you JS...I do love ya n your posts👍

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

First, GAS

Shelf stable foods, rice, beans, pasta, canned goods.
Make sure you have means to store and know how to rotate.

Guess I better get busy making jerky and pemmican (seeing as I'm 100% carnivore, don't wanna be stuck with only toxic anti-nutrient and carb laden crap to eat).

As for the rest... its hard when your significant other simply refuses to talk about it, much less do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Have you anticipated families by the dozens, hundreds...coming at and away from you on foot, up the hill, over, to, thru your land.

What I train for...Homeland Security, FEMA Er Response....the scenarios like the above....are expressed and anticipated...and you guys haven't a CLUE.

That's why some of us choose to live on the edge of a small town away from the main road. First rule of prepping, geography is your friend.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Sir? Which direction will those folks in that town in any/either direction if on foot, main roads, off roads, to the nest closest town...on foot, in the off fields heading to...?? Where?....etc...you see?

And of course Im not talking about stayin and fightin...this is beyond that. In point(s). Another discussion.

Perhaps...you should all explore the possible scenarios of your life, town, locale? No car, phones out, bunch people comin up your way, no computers, lights...

WHERE ARE MY KIDS!!? (Cant call em, get to em...) Holding ground may not be possible when a few 100,000 suburbanites are heading your way on foot with families.

And Gold and Bitcoin will do nothing. Try running with physical gold!
edit on 02223428America/ChicagoFri, 25 Feb 2022 13:36:34 -060036202200000034 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
1 million rounds of ammo and 10,000 bottles of whiskey and you are GTG. Who needs money?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

That's why some of us choose to live on the edge of a small town away from the main road. First rule of prepping, geography is your friend.

You need a group of people too, all like minded. I live 20 mins from down town Portland, but have friends in the so called back country that are willing and able to establish a small group of families. They are all ex special forces type of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join