It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LSU2018

One of my favorite books that I own is Foraging: Pennsylvania and New Jersey. There's literally weeds that grow on my driveway that I found out are edible. Not that I would eat those but I think people would be surprised how many plants are in fact edible that you pass by on a daily basis.

I wish I could find one for Louisiana. I recently found out about Pine Needle Tea, who knew? Apparently if you're in a life or death situation and have the means to boil water and have a pine tree near, you can boil water, grab a hand full of fresh pine needles, break them in half and crush them together, put them in the water for 10 to 15 minutes, and have all the nutrients you need to keep going.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm no germaphobe. You need germs to increase your immunity

I’m not going to get into here but Harvard and other places are doing studies on that theory.
Many believed it for a long time but now they are saying that may not be the case.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Funny...most people believe survival supplies, gold, guns, seeds will help while you rebuild your life....as 100's of other....will kill you for what you hv.

Don't learn how to stay put with the world on fire: learn to move, fast w your family. On foot.

That nice little lady on the corner...will kill you for your supplies.

link   

I wish I could find one for Louisiana.

Y’all practically living in an edible garden down there.
That along with all the creatures, it wouldn’t take much to survive.

link   

originally posted by: Absinth3
Batteries.
Even if you do not use them, they will be valuable to trade.

I've tried stocking up on these little expensive bastards but I always end up running low because I have so many things that have to have batteries replaced, especially all of my 5 year old's toys.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People chained in the dungeon have to eat too.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Funny...most people believe survival supplies, gold, guns, seeds will help while you rebuild your life....as 100's of other....will kill you for what you hv.

Don't learn how to stay put with the world on fire: learn to move, fast w your family. On foot.

Let her try.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Here you go, brother:

Edible Plants of the Gulf South. The link has more reco's.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

One of my favorite books that I own is Foraging: Pennsylvania and New Jersey. There's literally weeds that grow on my driveway that I found out are edible. Not that I would eat those but I think people would be surprised how many plants are in fact edible that you pass by on a daily basis.

Same here, except here there are tons of poisonous stuff too and now we have a whole generation of people that can’t tell a poisonous berry from a grape.

Most don't even know the difference between a grape and a Tide pod.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

LOL, the Tide Pods lost to LSU, everyone should know that.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Seriously, it's 2022, who doesn't have this already?

Add to that a medium length shotgun with buck shot. Pump action if possible. A basic consealed carry, and gas mask with eye protection. Rated at or above law enforcement.

Rain water collection and purification gear, a solar or wind charger capable of charging a phone power bank, and a baseball bat.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If tshtf most of them will be too distraught over not having avocado toast, Starbucks, and loss of tik tok.
They won’t have the will to live enough to find a dandelion to nibble on five feet from their front door.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm no germaphobe. You need germs to increase your immunity

I’m not going to get into here but Harvard and other places are doing studies on that theory.
Many believed it for a long time but now they are saying that may not be the case.

We learned about germs and immunity in the 3rd grade and were told our fingernails have the most germs. I started biting my nails after that to see if what we learned was true. I got sick a few times over a couple of months and since then, I've only ever had a cold when the weather changes and a stomach bug about every 5 years. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it worked, I don't know. To be honest with you, in this current society, I would believe my 3rd grade school lessons over what Harvard has to say anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Seriously, it's 2022, who doesn't have this already?

Add to that a medium length shotgun with buck shot. Pump action if possible. A basic consealed carry, and gas mask with eye protection. Rated at or above law enforcement.

Rain water collection and purification gear, a solar or wind charger capable of charging a phone power bank, and a baseball bat.

🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Who doesn’t have this…..?? BUhahahhahahaha

The VAST majority thats who!!! Don’t believe it, a food bank here shut down a major highway due to the lines!

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

That's very true, but more likely for people in the city. Where I live, someone you trust with your life would have to catch you off-guard to shoot you and take your stuff, or snipe you from the bushes somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Always have the three A's, ammo, arms and alcohol. A more perfect combination does not exist.

Is this a panic pants thread? Are we thinking it's the end of the world?

I feel as if this is a good time to be a gun nut who collects bourbon.

I was supposed to be "collecting" it?

Crap.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

We learned about germs and immunity in the 3rd grade and were told our fingernails have the most germs. I started biting my nails after that to see if what we learned was true. I got sick a few times over a couple of months and since then, I've only ever had a cold when the weather changes and a stomach bug about every 5 years. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it worked, I don't know. To be honest with you, in this current society, I would believe my 3rd grade school lessons over what Harvard has to say anymore.

If that were the case, the dirtiest place would have the most long lived humans. We know that’s not true. The most long lived humans live in very clean, orderly places, Sardinia (clean water, clean air, clean food etc), Okinawa , etc. same.
I’ve seen many documentaries on them and read all about it. If you look at these people one thing they all have in common, they live an orderly clean life.

I also think there is a big difference in germs under the fingernails vs. bacteria in wines, cheeses, clean water.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ham Radio

Ipod with Bucks Fizz Collection

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Always have the three A's, ammo, arms and alcohol. A more perfect combination does not exist.

Is this a panic pants thread? Are we thinking it's the end of the world?

I feel as if this is a good time to be a gun nut who collects bourbon.

Does collecting it in your liver count?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think the very nature of SHTF makes it to where prep is meaningless. I was thinking about chainsaw gas this morning..

Although for inflation and economic hardship common sense goes a long way. Think small. Don't waste anything. Weigh risk. EVERYTHING costs, even a simple question isn't free.

When it gets bad enough to need it..no one will have it, I feel we are way past being allowed by our government to self sustain..if it gets that bad, I fear we will be in camps or in the ground..

But there is value in practicality and taking ones time wether hardship exists or not.

For the purpose of the thread..Comic Books.
edit on 24-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: stuff

edit on 24-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join