It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I bought some weed and booze

I aint scured

Im ready

edit on 24-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

My family is from Sardinia and I grew up hearing that you have to eat an equivalent of a bucket of dirt in your lifetime to stay healthy. Of course I don't take that literally but heard it as play outside, don't wash your hands or the tomato you grab off the vine and eat right then, etc.

ETA: Don't take that as gospel. Sardinia is also known for Casu Martzu, a cheese made and eaten AFTER its been covered in maggots.
edit on 24-2-2022 by frogs453 because: Add

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

for those of us in countries without a lot of natural sunlight vitamin D maybe a good one to add to that and zinc
and maybe a bottle of iodine and maybe iodine tablets in case of localised radiation

edit on 24-2-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

that is currently all thats in my supplies

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

When it gets bad enough to need it..no one will have it,

Absolutely not true. History, even modern history like Venezuela and natural disasters have shown that some people have thought ahead enough to survive.
They want you to think you can’t.

Can you predict everything, of course not, but you can set yourself up for the best chance!!!
If you looked at who survived the best during the depression it was people that could garden, or had a skill that valuable.
You are also right about not wasting things. I think Americans are terrible at this, we are big big wasters. Myself included.

When my mom lived with me she would shudder at the food that we wasted. She faced real starvation in her life and it was a sacrilege to throw away food.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
I feel as if this is a good time to be a gun nut who collects bourbon.

You and I will be like modern day Nostradumbasses for finally being correct.

Now I just need to convince my wife that another gun is a great investment. She has been super impressed with my investment strategy up till now. (ask me how my crypto is doing)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

My family is from Sardinia and I grew up hearing that you have to eat an equivalent of a bucket of dirt in your lifetime to stay healthy. Of course I don't take that literally but heard it as play outside, don't wash your hands or the tomato you grab off the vine and eat right then, etc.

Lucky you, you are probably blessed with good genes!

I think eating a fresh garden tomato with a little dirt is a little different than going to a store and then washing your hands.
In that regard I am a germaphobe. I knew someone that worked at a large grocery store. She caught many diseases from working there, including scarlet fever!

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She has been super impressed with my investment strategy up till now. (ask me how my crypto is doing)

Does it look anything like your avatar?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

ETA: Don't take that as gospel. Sardinia is also known for Casu Martzu, a cheese made and eaten AFTER its been covered in maggots.

I grew up with those same tales. Old folk are wise, so I believe them.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: network dude

She has been super impressed with my investment strategy up till now. (ask me how my crypto is doing)

Does it look anything like your avatar?
let's just say, the balance looks like something from clown world.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

These are my humble recommendations to buy ahead of time if SHTF:

For your home base, adjust as necessary if the need to bugout arises:

- gas, diesel, propane, fuel oil or kerosene
- generator (gas or even better diesel)
- dry goods of ALL kinds (rice, beans, flour, baking soda/powder, juice powders, etc)
- wax candles, oil lamps, propane/kerosene/etc heaters.
- waterproofed matches.
- a good compass and gps.
- maps of your area (preferably topographical).
- education or books on survival and orienteering.
- batteries of ALL kinds, including portable "power pack" that can be charged via 12V cigarette plug in your vehicle (with USB, and 120V plugs).
- low voltage, battery powered LED lights.
- good sleeping bags, blankets, etc
- spices of all kinds.
- good books or knowledge of the edible plants and medicinal herbs in your area.
- a good multi-band/shortwave/cb/HAM/etc radio
- good sturdy boots and hiking shoes.
- water and lots of it (especially if you're in an urban environment).
- mason's twine and rope.
- sewing essentials.
- provisions for your pet (including it's waste if your trapped in-doors, eww).
- vodka, whiskey, or whatever other booze is applicable. Not just for drinking, but also sterilizing.
- well stocked first-aid kit and prescribed or other medications.
- spare eye-glasses.
- some cash wouldn't hurt but will probably be useless.
- household cleaners and disinfectants.
- firewood (depending on environment, ie;urban or rural)
- bicycles
- glue, especially "Krazy"
- tarps
- garbage bags
- rainsuit and other seasonal clothes.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head, I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting, lol.

Buy it now before prices rise.

edit on 2/24/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You forgot the most obvious….

The Democratic agenda appears to be to drive up gas prices…making it impractical to continue to use gas powered vehicles.

They want you to buy electric cars.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Adaptability is key. Skills and knowledge. Rope and shoelaces. Books and maps, and, more importantly, skills from those books. READ them before you need them. Learn how to tie knots; how to identify and harvest wild edible and medicinal plants. A silcock key. And knowledge of where water can be found in urban areas (if you are currently there). I do. The majority of people reside there and are oblivious to such useful things as public water mains.

The art of the 'grey man.' In my case, woman.

Never judge a book by its incognito cover. I am high heels, make-up, and briefcase by day, but I am very well acquainted with my way around both the urban and natural world. A foot in two worlds, blending into both. Very few would even begin to suspect the spare bedroom in my downtown condo contains the supplies and tools that it does and has for well over a decade. Every year, I spend a week or two in the mountains practising and learning the ways of natural world, as well as strolls through the city parks. Know your surroundings. Where some may choose to spend their time corroding their brains cells watching mindless TV reality shows, I have chosen to expand my mind LIVING in reality by reading books and practising and honing those skills. Knitting, sewing, foraging, canning and food preservation, woodworking and carpentry, and gardening on my small balcony. My skills and knowledge are portable. So, too, should be yours.

Finally, a strong and compassionate moral compass, as well as a practical physical one to go with those maps. Above all, remember the Golden Rule. It may come in handy when you least expect it to.

Blessings to all.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

We learn this in Disaster response.

I got guns too

GUNS CAN BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

I got like 100's of neighbors...all who would TAKE my stuff to feed their families.

Wouldn't you?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We learn this in Disaster response.

I got guns too

GUNS CAN BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

I got like 100's of neighbors...all who would TAKE my stuff to feed their families.

Wouldn't you?

Depends on what kind of neighbors you have.
I think this is why it is important to live in an area of like minded people.

Also,
Don’t show off your goods
Don’t keep everything in one basket
Honey gets more than vinegar!

All those old corny saying are true.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If shtf it’s going to be important to be mobile, I don’t recommend hunkering down in your home. Maybe for a little while but if power and all civil services are out for more than a week, and no signs of returning to a civil system, roving bands of militants will be coming to raid homes businesses for supplies. You’ll have to find a community etc. I don’t foresee anything like this happening etc. however if it does you and your loved ones need to get mobile, head for the country. As far as supplies everyone should have a pantry full of non perishable food that can last weeks, survival gear survival knife recommend a bow over firearms, suitable clothing of good quality etc. rope. Definitely have a rechargeable radio of some sort, a star chart compass first aid kit etc. in my opinion all members should have some of these things. Medicine also, antibiotics etc peroxide alcohol etc.

Sounds a little extreme but it’s 2022 now.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you looked at who survived the best during the depression it was people that could garden, or had a skill that valuable.

I was thinking about this very detail..I just don't think we will be allowed to self sustain ever again. Even if our land is paid for, they can still take it on a whim, anything we have that the government wants to use can be taken for the 'cause'.
It is what it is.

I garden, since I was..well forever, Grew up hunting, trapping and fishing..(though I won't hunt or fish anymore unless its an absolute need), I know how to work a Dog. We were dirt poor, sometimes homeless as a family, (me, my two sisters and my parents) My Mom was amazing and made things work with very little, and I learned this lifestyle, even though I don't adhere to it as I once did..(we have more than enough nowadays), I do miss the simplicity of the survival lifestyle, but Im super grateful for the creature comforts I enjoy now.

I fear all the lessons I learned will die with me, as my children haven't needed them, and I hope they never do, but if it comes to that maybe Ill be around to help, maybe not..Its really all a crapshoot.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just ran out to gas up the car.
Also bought Cocoa Puffs.

...and beer.

...and stole some oranges from my neighbor's tree.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

If shtf it’s going to be important to be mobile, I don’t recommend hunkering down in your home. Maybe for a little while but if power and all civil services are out for more than a week, and no signs of returning to a civil system, roving bands of militants will be coming to raid homes businesses for supplies. You’ll have to find a community etc. I don’t foresee anything like this happening etc. however if it does you and your loved ones need to get mobile, head for the country.

Some of us don’t need to head for the country, because that’s where we live! Lol.

I don’t see a big problem with roving mobs coming here. People out here start teaching their kids to shoot bears in kindergarten. I’m dead serious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join