It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fertilizer and grain crops are going to go through the roof

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Fertilizer and grain crops are going to go through the roof

And those two are at the root of everythkng from livestock feed on the farm, to a loaf of Wunderbread in the store. Just the edible stuff grown, not even considering domestic raw mats like cotton & such yet.

A bit ominous, this inflation mess, after all current events are considered, when you realize it.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I know how to make homemade fertilizer with foraged materials but this will have a direct impact on the worlds food supply

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1. Divining rod.
2. Any astronomy book by Russell Grant.
3. Menstrual blood for full moon spells.
4. Highway To Heaven DVD set.
5. Water.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Grapes, apples and potatoes.

Very easy to plant and grow with the hardest being the potatoes. Apples take years when starting from scratch, but can really produce quite a bit from the seeds of just one apple. Grapes are quicker, but finding seeded grapes is harder. Concord is probably your best bet. Both apples and grapes give nutritious sugars, make wine/cider (that can be further distilled to harder alcohol), further converted to vinegar and be various foods.

Potatoes can not only be prepared a multitude of ways, but used to capture wild yeasts for breads made with flour (grains or nuts) or made into potato flour itself.

Eggs are the easiest protein source. Again quite the variety in preparation.

Guns and Ammo: How much do you want to carry? And that link is just ammo weights.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The most important thing you can stockpile: KNOWLEDGE

I would start building a survival library. Books (not kindle books, unless you have a way to off grid charge devices)

A book on gardening

A book on edible plants

Books on how to produce electricity

Books on basic medical care.

Survival Guides (SAS handbook is a good one, as well as Wildwood Wisdom).

Supplies will only carry you so far. The knowledge of how to survive especially off the land and local resources, is very valuable to have.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I love threads like this, we don't really stock up on gas, but so far we pretty much have what everyone has stated. We have been gardening, Florida is a good place year round for that. We have medicine, aireborne, band aids, antiseptic. I just bought a small first aid kit for my purse, you never know.

Another thing to stock up on is guns and ammo if you can. Myhusband went crazy and bought a ton.of bullets, so we have enough to last us awhile. We have traps for animals, you never know. We have a ton of seeds. We have a water filter, so I think we are okay..

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Torlin

Okay so if you have no.electricty you can still make rice. All you need is water and a pot, the rice will evetually absorb the water. It may be cold but better than nothing. You soak beans overnight, so if your constantlysoaking them, ghey don't take long to make. No electricity no problem, you can cook them over a fire in cast iron pot. Btw beans are good carbs, plus they give you protein. Rice gives you energy, yes tgeyare bad carbs but you will need ebergy and it's easy to digest. Besides in survival situation I doubt people will not care howmany carbs they are consuming.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
RE beans can get them dry shredded in bulk to be used as dip, in soups, so no cooking needed. a reply to
: Torlin

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

The most important thing you can stockpile: KNOWLEDGE

I would start building a survival library. Books (not kindle books, unless you have a way to off grid charge devices)

A book on gardening

A book on edible plants

Books on how to produce electricity

Books on basic medical care.

Survival Guides (SAS handbook is a good one, as well as Wildwood Wisdom).

Supplies will only carry you so far. The knowledge of how to survive especially off the land and local resources, is very valuable to have.

You have spoken great truth. If you have practical knowledge in those areas and are resourceful, you'll do much better than without and then trying to learn as you go along.

I have been amassing a library for years. I have many print books in storage and a good sized library in my private network. I have a solar DC system that powers the main computer system in my LAN as well as charges all the devices, so that library will be available without grid power.

There will be three main points of survival that will be priorities; Shelter, water, and food.

Protection from the elements, esp. in extreme climates, comes first. In some situations you can die from exposure in 3 hours or less.

Water, you can only go about three days without it. Know how to find it, collect it and purify it for drinking.

Food. You can go for about three weeks without food. You can eat a lot of things to survive, but you will need salt. Like water, you can't live long without it.

What are Symptoms of Sodium Deficiency ?
Altered Personality
Lethargy (Feeling of Tiredness)
Gastrointestinal Distress (Decreased Appetite, Nausea and Vomiting)
Confusion
Seizures
Coma
Death

While thinking about salt, iodine is important, it's hard to get in foods other than kelp from the ocean.

Those three areas are the highest priorities, next would be health and medical knowledge as a high priority.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yes, that is when the survival of the fittest comes in, tge first ones to go will be the unprepared, who didn't want to be "hoarders". Also, for the people who are sticking it out at home, this is why having guns and know how to use them come in handy. You will be surprised what people will do if they are starving to death. Things will get ugly.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I see what you mean, we used tostore gas but we used it to snowblow when we lived up North. I don't allow my truck to get low like on E anymore. I also try not to use my truck as much, but sometimes I have to leave my house.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starlahazelnut

Yes, that is when the survival of the fittest comes in, tge first ones to go will be the unprepared, who didn't want to be "hoarders". Also, for the people who are sticking it out at home, this is why having guns and know how to use them come in handy. You will be surprised what people will do if they are starving to death. Things will get ugly.

We are already seeing it, petty crime.
People are getting more brazen, stealing purses at the grocery store, checking car doors and house doors to see if they are unlocked.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

While thinking about salt, iodine is important, it's hard to get in foods other than kelp from the ocean.

Seaweed also protects from nuclear fallout.
A lot of people don't like it, I think it's delicious.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have cast a protection spell over our home and feel confident that it will protect me against any nuclear strike. Knowledge is for fools, strong ritual magic and reiki is for survivors like myself. I suggest you learn Magick, horrorscopes and reiki if you want to survive. My spirit guide Brad predicted this war a few months ago, please see previous posts.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: LSU2018

Funny...most people believe survival supplies, gold, guns, seeds will help while you rebuild your life....as 100's of other....will kill you for what you hv.

Don't learn how to stay put with the world on fire: learn to move, fast w your family. On foot.

That nice little lady on the corner...will kill you for your supplies.

Have you invested in night vision?

2d line.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
When it gets bad enough to need it..no one will have it, I feel we are way past being allowed by our government to self sustain..if it gets that bad, I fear we will be in camps or in the ground.

Or wind up mostly on your own. I tried that once and was able to last for about 6 months in a good-weather environment.

Best preps anyone can be into right now: making friends ... and plans.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I don’t see a big problem with roving mobs coming here. People out here start teaching their kids to shoot bears in kindergarten. I’m dead serious.

Pickin's probably a bit too thin for the searching required. But, someone getting organized early is apt to send out scouts. Trick is to be away from brick and mortar when they come ... so, you better have an early warning system and (able to get to) a position offering a good field of fire over your precious stuff.

One of the things I've noticed in-thread is that no one seems to have calculated all the weight they're expecting to tote around ... or what walking twenty or thirty miles in a day is actually all about.

A bow and arrows over a modern firearm ... yeah right. Not mocking having a bow on-hand, but geez, not from the outset.

edit on 2722022 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Cant, you get a nice survival kit for about 200 bucks.

Probably not. You can get stuff to keep you going if you plan to stay indoors. That'll run out. Then you're done.

Here's a practical challenge: Pick a direction away from people. Set a point 20 miles away from there. Get out there right now (at the end of February) and walk to it ... don't quit 'til you are exactly on your point. Come back and tell us what that took.

I bet, at the top of your list of things to buy now will be: a decent pair of boots to keep your feet dry (gonna be expensive all by themselves), something to keep you on course, clothing that helps, something quality that allows you to carry enough water and to drink from, food that's light enough to bag & carry.

Want the super challenge? Walk back ... and don't refill your water from a civil source of supply.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Let Caesar have what's Caesar's.

I am investing in faith and common sense. The Hand that Created us KNOWS what we need.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join