It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Putin requires Ukraine as the jump-off point for the coming invasion of western Europe. So Russia will need time for their factories to replace military equipment that was destroyed in Ukraine. So Putin might sack underperforming Generals before training and inter-service cooperation (combined arms and amphibious operations) takes place.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cydonia2012
With how things seem to be going so badly for Russia in this invasion. How sure are we that Russia’s nukes are safe. Putin wouldn’t lose his mind and so something unthinkable to Kiev would he ?

I've wondered the same thing, but the target instead being a city in a non-nuclear armed NATO country.

Hairy.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Seems to me their production has already slowed considerably . If rumours are correct they barely have 100 of their all singing all dancing F14 tanks

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Finland reached the 50k+ signature thing they have to add the NATO ascension bill to be voted on by their legislature.

Why does Putin think that threatening a neighboring country would prevent that country from joining an alliance for protection?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cydonia2012

I think Russia's nuclear use policy is a lot like the US policy. There are safeguards in place, especially for the US. I dont know if Russia has those same safeguards at Putins level. We came close to nuclear was a few decades ago. A soviet sub lost contact with their hq. The policy was 3 senior officers had to agree to a nuke launch (loss of communications with hq was viewed as it was destroyed by the US). all 3 senior officers had to agree. The subs xo did not concur, so no launch occurred. Turns out it was a malfunction.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
* - Russian tanks bombed a civilian bus in the Sumy region and prevented ambulances from reaching it

* - Destroyed Russian military equipment in Sumy

* - Russian troops attacking Kharkiv tank repairing plant

* - Russia brought Buk to Borodyanka, Kyiv region

* - Ukraine has submitted its application against Russia to the ICJ. Russia must be held accountable for manipulating the notion of genocide to justify aggression

* - Russian military column at Borodyanka

* - Poland's govt spox @PiotrMuller: information coming from the Bundestag should have been announced earlier but that's good they're doing it now. Germans finally decided to ship weapons to Ukraine and to speed up the defense spending. But that can't be all. We have to stop NS1 and NS2

* - Italian Prime Minister's office: Rome closes the airspace to Russian planes

* - Poland's minister responsible for the cybersecurity @jciesz calls on Facebook, Twitter and other big tech companies to ban channels of Russian propaganda

*- The Netherlands joins European countries and suspends Russian flights from today

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

The only Empire to make it to Europe and conquering Moscow in the process was in 1259 - The Mongol Empire.

I have never found out why Putin thinks people/countries want to invade Russia.

as long as I've been alive the mantra has been 'West/Democracy vs Moscow only one winner'
so maybe Putin has it on his brain that we still want to get him.
imagine their feeling watching USA / NATO re-arm West Germany.

honestly, who knows what is on his mind? fear of China? something we don't know about?

nuking Kiev would kind of ruin it, no? Putin wants to control Ukraine, not destroy it.
if he uses a nuke it will be game over for him.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

With how things seem to be going so badly for Russia in this invasion. How sure are we that Russia’s nukes are safe. Putin wouldn’t lose his mind and so something unthinkable to Kiev would he ?

I've wondered the same thing, but the target instead being a city in a non-nuclear armed NATO country.

Hairy.

Cheers

Berlin?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

If I were Putin I would be concerned more with China than the west.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
* - Zelensky had a telephone conversation with Lukashenka

* - More Russians have been arrested for protesting Putin's war than Russian soldiers have been killed or taken prisoners in Ukraine

* - A group of Chechen saboteurs who were moving around Kyiv in the ambulance has just been shot by the Ukrainian military intelligence officers (GUR MOU) in Kyiv, partly shot, partly detained

* - Ukraine army retakes Kharkiv, expelling Russian troops: governor

* - Russia says that time/ultimatum for talks in Homiel has expired

* - The Kremlin: The Israeli Prime Minister offered to Putin in the mediation call Tel Aviv for ceasefire

* - Command of the Northern Ukrainian Forces: the destruction of a Russian military convoy near the city of Chernihiv in the north of the country

* - Russia seized 2 Ukrainian civilian vessels in Black Sea

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

edit on 27-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Russian forces took Kharkiv , Ukrainian forces have retaken it according to governor.

Ukrainian forces have regained control of the key city of Kharkiv, the regional governor has said.

In a post on Telegram, Oleh Synyehubov said: "Control over Kharkiv is completely ours!

"The armed forces, the police, and the defence forces are working, and the city is being completely cleansed of the enemy."

Russian troops were able to enter the city, Ukraine's second largest, overnight.

Footage circulated on social media showed street fighting between Ukrainian and Russian troops.

The situation on the ground remains fluid and claims of control are hard to verify - but civilians on the ground have also told the BBC that Kharkiv is back under Ukrainian control and that conflict on the streets is easing.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 27-2-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 27-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hairy.

Cheers

Berlin?

I hope not.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sounds like the military situation is fluid.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

imagine their feeling watching USA / NATO re-arm West Germany

Back then, in the 1950s, I imagine there more than a few people in the West who didn't care for the Soviets organizing an East German army on the sly (it started out as a "barracks-based police force", but with infantry weapons, trucks, etc.) Once the Berlin Crisis of 1948 hit, both sides looked at the Germans with new eyes.

Cheers
edit on 27-2-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: close that paren!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Separatists and Russians capture a place in Donbas area in eastern Ukraine

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Japan will join the US and other Western countries in blocking certain Russian banks from the SWIFT international payment system, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said today.

Tokyo will put sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin and extend $100m (£74.5m) in emergency humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
knocked out Ukrainian self propelled 122 mm

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hind in action over Kiev

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Russians loot a Ukrainian supermarket