It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Funny how often the Azov battalion is mentioned.

Yeah, that unit has a stupid fixation, at the least, on Nazi regalia.

Those guys are a volunteer force that is not part of the regular Ukrainian military. Their strength is maybe ONE percent of the entire Ukrainian military. But we won't hear those little facts from the Putin supporters.

At any rate, seeing as how Ukraine is being invaded, I suspect the Ukrainian authorities would issue rifles to purple dogs if they were willing to fight the Russian army. Completely understandable given the situation.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Problem is the Azov battalian is an official part of the Ukrainian national guard and has a strength around 600 people. Discussing them is weird with their nazi bs. Thats why I dont think they would surrender. As for weapons all you need to do is turn in your passport and they will give you a gun. From what ive read on here they have things set up at Ukrainian embassies to assist foreigners who wish to fight for Ukraine.

Then there is Macron - He made a comment that people need to understand that this war is going to take years. Even if Russia were able to conquer the country resistance is not going to just stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
* - Reuters from the Kremlin spokesman: We warned Ukraine that we will not stop military operations during the talks that will take place

* - Irpin is fully cleared from Russian troops after an attack

* - Big explosion now near Irpin'

* - Adviser to the Ukrainian President: Russia's plan has not been achieved and there is no progress for Russian forces in the south

* - Russian troops are now attempting to enter Nizhyn

* - Russian troops destroyed near Hostomel

* - British Foreign Secretary: I support calls for those who want to fight to go to Ukraine, including the British
edit on 27-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I'm wondering, given current difficulties for the Russian military, if Putin will opt to occupy only a part of Ukraine and declare it was a great victory for Russia. Then cue more decades of tension and provocations.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

"Reuters from the Kremlin spokesman: We warned Ukraine that we will not stop military operations during the talks that will take place"

Was this before or after Zielinski told putin to go talk to himself?

Bet putin can't believe a bunch of crazy Ukrainians just turned him into saddam hussain.

Ha Ha.

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I'm wondering, given current difficulties for the Russian military, if Putin will opt to occupy only a part of Ukraine and declare it was a great victory for Russia. Then cue more decades of tension and provocations.

Cheers

Might be the best possible ending for now.

But not sure if Zielinski would even consider that, he may be the real deal.

For better or worse.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Seems to have some Davy Crockett in him.

You want to create a Ukrainian national hero?? 'Cause THIS is how you create a Ukrainian national hero!!

Cheers
edit on 27-2-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Vlada-lini. Reminds me of Italy choking when they attacked the Greeks. (Another pack of tough nuts the EU would do well to reassess.)

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Cheers

The problem with that is how does Putin sell it to the Russian people. There are already a lot of russians pissed. The fact he went way beyond the DPR and LPR, whose provinces havent even been captured yet.

I dont think Putin really thought this endeavor all the way thru. I still believe Putin is a victim of his own propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   

"British Foreign Secretary: I support calls for those who want to fight to go to Ukraine, including the British"

Wow!

Does this allow British citizens to legally take up arms in Ukraine?

Do we have anything similar?

Maybe we can trick joe into authorizing it.

That would be an absolute game changer, I know a few guys that would love an opportunity to go push russian forces back into russian territory.

You know, for old times sake.

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure to be honest. Ukraine acknowledged there was a possibility of a meeting but Russia placed unrealistic demands (namely surrender) and Ukraine said no. It seems to me that Russia is trying to mask the fact of their unrealistic demands.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Can't keep an old Cold Warrior down.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Just rock up at any Ukrainian embassy and they’ll take care of the rest

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Cheers

For better or worse.

Something like a month ago one of Putin's ex right hand men gave an interview to some British news channel, can't remember which.

So this geezer said all Putin wanted was Donestsk Luhansk then the coast too Mariopol and think he mentioned Odessa not certain that town.

He stated there was no way Putin would want to occupy north west Ukraine it would be impossible to control.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Brits could go to Ukraine / Ukraine Embassy to get the info and where to go. As for the US I dont think we have any laws that prohibit US citizens going to Ukraine to fight.

We did have a law on the books that prevented it like 150+ years ago, however a Supreme Court ruling basically invalidated the law when the person who was charged under the law won his case with SCOTUS.

The only caveat I know of is if you enlist in a foreign military / militia / etc, and it places you at war with the US, your pretty much done. If you arent killed on the battle field and somehow end up in the custody of the US / allied country, you would be facing life in prison or the death penalty in the US.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Hmm...

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Then why in the hell do what he is doing now? Is it in hopes he can gain the entire country by removing the government or is he destroying as much as possible to essentially, in putins eyes, make the remainder of Ukraine useless to europe / the west?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Cheers

For better or worse.

Something like a month ago one of Putin's ex right hand men gave an interview to some British news channel, can't remember which.

So this geezer said all Putin wanted was Donestsk Luhansk then the coast too Mariopol and think he mentioned Odessa not certain that town.

He stated there was no way Putin would want to occupy north west Ukraine it would be impossible to control.

Apparently putin disagreed.

Idiot.

(putin, not you)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Hmm...

Interesting.

yeah treason can be a bitch at times.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
info on the turkish drone from this clip from twitter that aleges to be taking out a russian convoy

Hardpoints: 4 hardpoints for laser guided smart munition, with provisions to carry combinations of : L-UMTAS (Long Range Anti tank Missile System)[178] MAM: MAM-C and MAM-L precision-guided munitions[179][180][181] Roketsan Cirit (70 mm Missile System)[182] TUBITAK-SAGE BOZOK Laser Guided Rockets[183] TUBITAK-SAGE TOGAN[184] Air-to-surface launched 81 mm mortar munition[185][186] TUBITAK-SAGE KUZGUN[187] Modular joint ammunition[188][189] KUZGUN-TjM Turkish: TjM :Turbojet Motorlu Turbojet engine variant with range of 245 kilometers and KUZGUN-SS Turkish: SS: Serbest Süzülen Free Soaring variant range of 110 kilometers variants in use[190]

twitter.com...

edit to add its not exactly a small drone so its even more impressive 4 days into a war with a super power ukraine can not only fly them but hit convoy targets
edit on 27-2-2022 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join