It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ukraine Invasion: Kyiv's Mayor Vitali Klitschko tells Russians to "go back home"

Heres the press confrence he just had they really dont want to be part of Russia

edit on 2/27/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51
Agreed.... just like the Ukranian's conscripting the men from 18-60 years of age who have no military experience and you can't train a soldier in less than 12 weeks basic training at least I would have thought. But it's OK for Ukraine to take their men folk away from their families?
Just mentioning it in passing.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wonder how much that will
Sway public opinion in Russia

I think there's some potential for it to backfire. But my instinct tells me that there are 3 scenarios that could play out. For families of the fallen, it could either give them rise to blame their own government for such a travesty OR they could begin blaming Ukraine for killing them.

There's also the possibility that people on the fence, upon seeing dead Russians would become incensed one way or the other and jump off the fence they've been riding.

I believe, generally speaking, that the Russian people have a deep disdain for aggression toward Ukraine at all, but are afraid of speaking out for exactly the reasons we're seeing....their peers who have been, being arrested. Has anyone heard word of the arrested protesters fates?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Can there be a connection bewteen the USA leaving afghanistan in such a hurry and the russian threat in europe? And if so what could that mean? I am still convinced that the creation of a nwo is still very much alive and what is happening now could well be part of that agenda.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
Can there be a connection bewteen the USA leaving afghanistan in such a hurry and the russian threat in europe?

No. It was just Biden being completely stupid tactically.

I am still convinced that the creation of a nwo is still very much alive and what is happening now could well be part of that agenda.

And who would be "in charge" of this NWO? FFS we can't even get people on ATS to agree that Putin is bad, imagine the whole world trying to agree who should run "The NWO"?

Not everything is a conspiracy.
edit on 27-2-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thats because Ukainians are trying to defend their families not the same situation at all. Ukrainians are not arming their people to send them to take over another country. They are trying to defend their homes and families from Russian agression its not the same in any respect.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Can there be a connection bewteen the USA leaving afghanistan in such a hurry and the russian threat in europe?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Not paying attention?

It stopped being a conspiracy long ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Can there be a connection bewteen the USA leaving afghanistan in such a hurry.

Is this a real question?

(Sometimes I can be blind to sarcasm)

Yes.

edit on 27-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The Russian army is exactly who most thought they were....paper Bears. Their equipment is terrible, their military leadership is terrible, and their soldiers are demoralized conscripts. This has been the case since the 70's and 80's! We, the US and NATO, tried to make them much worse than they are to help the Mil Ind Complex but I think most knew the truth through reports from defectors and captured equipment.

That said, the Russian people can be a tenacious fighting force when attacked. That, along with their horrible winters and spring thaws, make them fairly safe from invasion.

With all that said, we had a hand in this invasion. Push anyone into a corner and they will lash out. Hell, the US almost went nuclear due to the Russians putting missiles in Cuba, what did we expect would happen when we pushed NATO to the very borders of Russia? Putin is former KGB and a megalomaniac with delusions of being a tsar, we did little when he took Crimea which emboldened him even more. Hopefully, the end result will be his removal from office and a more sane govt in Russia.

Just my $0.02.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by PatriotGames4u removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

With all that said, we had a hand in this invasion. Push anyone into a corner and they will lash out.

Care to explain how we "pushed anyone into a corner" ?

Unless you consider allowing sovereign states to decide for themselves who should be their allies "pushing" ?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
The Russian army is exactly who most thought they were....paper Bears. Their equipment is terrible, their military leadership is terrible, and their soldiers are demoralized conscripts. This has been the case since the 70's and 80's! We, the US and NATO, tried to make them much worse than they are to help the Mil Ind Complex but I think most knew the truth through reports from defectors and captured equipment.

That said, the Russian people can be a tenacious fighting force when attacked. That, along with their horrible winters and spring thaws, make them fairly safe from invasion.

With all that said, we had a hand in this invasion. Push anyone into a corner and they will lash out. Hell, the US almost went nuclear due to the Russians putting missiles in Cuba, what did we expect would happen when we pushed NATO to the very borders of Russia? Putin is former KGB and a megalomaniac with delusions of being a tsar, we did little when he took Crimea which emboldened him even more. Hopefully, the end result will be his removal from office and a more sane govt in Russia.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with quite a bit of that.

But please explain how anyone except putin backed putin into this imaginary neighbor invading corner.

Nonsense.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

How are the people around Putin not removing him from power He is threatening the whole world and willing to kill everyone in his own country .

Someone should put a bullet in his head like right now . China should even be worried I'm sure they don't want all the fallout blown all over their land .
edit on 27-2-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

They're afraid, with good reason.

I don't (necessarily) want Putin dead, just gone.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

They're afraid, with good reason.

They'll be even more afraid if this escalates into something akin to WWII....or even worse if nuclear missiles start being flung about around the world.

I don't (necessarily) want Putin dead, just gone.

Gone would be good to start with....but egotistical, megalomaniac dictators tend not to just go, they have to be gotten rid of.

The man is undoubtedly full blown off his box, he needs dealing with sharpish.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The only Empire to make it to Europe and conquering Moscow in the process was in 1259 - The Mongol Empire.

I like to look at the history that leads up to conflicts like this. To be honest, other than its geographical location and that us Brits 'had a go' over the Crimea back in the 1850's (Florence Nightingale and the Scottish piper and all that) and having met Ukranian's many decades ago, my knowledge of the country was just that.
So yesterday I stumbled across a documentary one Oliver Stone made 4-5 years ago called Ukraine on Fire. I understand he was interested in the 2014 incursion. I found it very interesting as he goes way back to the earliest recorded history of Ukraine, and yes the Mongols invaded there too. Anyways, I had not realised, didn't know that Ukraine had a pact with Germany during WW and for long after. I don't want to spoil it too much, but I did pause it quite a few times to check out the information, and I could find nothing to indicate anything Oliver Stone presents in his documentary to be incorrect. Includes interviews with some interesting people.
Here's the link if any of you fancy giving it an airing.
Link
For me personally, after watching the documentary, and to put things to rest of being accused of being on Putin's side, something about all this 'theatre' stinks to high heaven. At the moment, I believe we are ALL being swept along, that's us in the West, the Russian's and the Ukrainian's, by TPTB/elite/illuminati (take your pick). So, I'm sitting on the fence just observing as things role out.

Just as a little snippet from the UK. We have a rather well known MP called Jacob Rees-Mogg. Interestingly he held a lot of shares in Russia's Central Bank, which he sold less than 2 months ago. Things that make you go hmmmm....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"Gone would be good to start with....but egotistical, megalomaniac dictators tend not to just go, they have to be gotten rid of"

Otherwise they tend to come back from the banishing island for more of the invading.

Dunce capping is nowhere near enough for the putin problem.

Prison is though, at this point anyway.

That might change if he keeps up with the nuke threatening though.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

There are plenty of luxury Dacha's in Russia where he could idle his time away engaging himself in country pursuits etc but under constant guard and observation.

But as you rightly point out, they tend to return from these types of 'exile' for a second bash at things.

No matter what, he needs removing from the current equation as quickly as possible for everyone's benefit.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

There are plenty of luxury Dacha's in Russia where he could idle his time away engaging himself in country pursuits etc but under constant guard and observation.

But as you rightly point out, they tend to return from these types of 'exile' for a second bash at things.

No matter what, he needs removing from the current equation as quickly as possible for everyone's benefit.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join