It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 371
<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Yes and I went and looked at the 7th pic which came up fine. It showed the middle of a high rise between 2 pillars collapsed for like 12 stories. Very narrow channel and obviously almost vertical. Is this the wrong picture?

That's the one.

The channel isn't 'narrow' though, that's a huge building.

Also, most cruise missiles can rise to hit a target from the top if that's what is needed.

edit on 31-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Looked like 2/3rds of the floors all the way down are intact outside the main pillars near the middle. Only the front edge seems split down all the floors. I will go look again though and make sure I am not just stoned...

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Looked like 2/3rds of the floors all the way down are intact outside the main pillars near the middle. Only the front edge seems split down all the floors. I will go look again though and make sure I am not just stoned...

It goes all the way through front to back and top to bottom, though some large pieces are dangling near the roof and 2nd floor that makes it look like less damage from some angles.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Looks even less affected the more i look at it compared to such a huge munition...you say. The initial pictures show a channel about 7 windows wide and all the way down vertically maybe 15-20' into the building. 3/4 looks untouched. The time line of pics shows it collapsed afterwards and there was a bit gaping hole...but you know...soviet construction not so good...

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Looks even less affected the more i look at it compared to such a huge munition...you say. The initial pictures show a channel about 7 windows wide and all the way down vertically maybe 15-20' into the building. 3/4 looks untouched. The time line of pics shows it collapsed afterwards and there was a bit gaping hole...but you know...soviet construction not so good...

Less damage than what?

10 floors are gone, 7 floors of the front facade, the roof, and a good portion of the back facade on a heavily built commercial building.

That's about right for a 500 pounder, we aren't talking about nukes here.

Now compare that to the lightly built apartment building you guys have been pushing as an ss21 hit with a corner of 2 floors damaged and not even broken windows a bit away, and loose ruble still present in the damaged area.

There wasn't a large explosion here, and the damage is a tiny fraction of the admin building damage, even though the apartment building used lighter construction methods.

One picture is very different from the other.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

A 20 x 20 section of maybe 10 floors failed. After that eventually that big hole opened up...its crappy soviet construction especially those high-rises.
edit on 31-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   

A 20 x 20 section of maybe 10 floors failed. After that eventually that big hole opened up...its crappy soviet construction especially those high-rises.

It's roughly 35 feet wide (seven 4 foot wide windows) by whatever the depth of the building is, from the roof to the basement (zoom in to the lower windows if you don't believe me).

That's about right for that building being hit by a 500 pounder, a 1000 pounder would have blow out damage to the sides and small debris blown farther away, while a 250 pounder wouldn't be expected to do much more than make a large hole on one side and collapse a couple floors.

An artillery hit would only damage a small area like that apartment photo you guys keep pushing as an ss21 hit.

It's in the range of a 500 pounder.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
* - Russia announces a ceasefire Thursday in Mariupol, Ukraine to evacuate civilians

* - 11y.o boy and his mother killed as result of Russian airstrike at Slobozhanske village in Izyum district

* - Dnipro(09:22). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Ukrainian army controlled Zahradivka, Kochubeivka and Orlove in Kherson region

* - Poltavska Oblast(09:22). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kryvyi Rih, Dnipropetrovska Oblast(09:25). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Rally against occupation in Hola Prystan, people demand to release kidnapped citizens, including mayor

* - Bakhmut, Kramatorsk(09:45 ). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now

* - Zelensky: There is no way to reach peace except by holding Russia accountable for what it has done

* - Dnipro(10:03). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kharkiv(09:54). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Flightradar24

* - HOMER41 - Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint / USAF - Patrolling Romania Ukraine Moldova border
* - LAGR160 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - Doing circles in South East Poland
* - FORTE10 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk / USAF - Romania - Black Sea / Ukraine / Moldova RTB Italy
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania / Belarus border
* - YANK02 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania / Belarus border
* - T26 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - Over Finland northwest of Helsinki
* - N21 - CASA C-295M / Finnish air force - also over Finland northwest of Helsinki
* - T03 - Pilatus PC-12 NG / Finnish air force - Over north central Finland near Rovaniemi
* - SPDR401 - Saab SK60 / Swedish air force - over Sweden near Jonkoping
* - MR33 - Saab SK60 / Swedish air force - over Sweden near Jonkoping
* - MR114 - Saab SK60 / Swedish air force - over Sweden near Jonkoping
* - MR45 - Saab SK60 / Swedish air force - over Sweden near Jonkoping
* - LAGR290 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - Taking up station in Romania
* - HAF273 - Dassault Falcon 7X / Greek air force - doing circles over Greece / Aegean sea
* - NO CALLSIGN - Pilatus PC-9M / Bulgarian air force - over Bulgaria near Romanian border
* - BBX402 - Leonardo AW139 / Denmark registration - Near Constanta Romania heading into Black Sea (NON military but weird flights over the last week +)
* - L39 - Aero L-39 Albatros / Estonian air force(?) - over Estonia / Baltic - southwest of Tallinn
* - L32 - Aero L-39 Albatros / Estonian air force(?) - over Estonia / Baltic - - southwest of Tallinn
* - VI5975 - Ilyushin Il-76TD-90VD / Volga-Dnepr airlines (Russia) - Departed Moscow, over North Belarus heading towards Poland. No destination listed The airline specializes in global cargo transport.
- Just entered Polish air space now tracking 301 degrees ( heading towards Kaliningrad)
- Direction change to 258 degrees. Still in Polish airspace (west / southwest direction)
- Still in the air, not sho5t down nor intercepted so I assume its an approved flight.
- Callsign changed to VI5974, changed again to VDA5974
- Track will take it to Berlin
- Sharp turn south - now west of warsaw

edit on 31-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Zelenskyy addressed the Australian Parliament, and his speech contained several main focuses. First, he referenced the downing of MH17 by Russian backed separatists in 2014. Second, sensible arguments concerning the emerging threat to sea commerce are reappearing for the first time since WW2 (my wording).

Last and of immediate interest to the reader/viewer is Ukraine requesting an unspecified number of Bushmaster vehicles. I suspect that a small number of Bushmasters will come out of the Australian Defence Force's current inventory. Those Bushmasters are replaced by the latest variant from the production line. The current production run is for a modest number of Bushmasters for the New Zealand Army.
edit on 31-3-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Bushmasters would be a perfect fit for getting to and fro a lot of those Ukrainian squad to platoon sized ambush missions now that the russians are digging in and creating minefields in some areas, I hope the Aussies can deliver them quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
Bushmasters would be a perfect fit for getting to and fro a lot of those Ukrainian squad to platoon sized ambush missions now that the russians are digging in and creating minefields in some areas, I hope the Aussies can deliver them quickly.

Agreed, and nicely stated. The Bushmaster's 4WD capabilities are useful in tactical and operational scenarios. Subject to the mud, Bushmaster would allow the Ukrainian Army to move away from transporting troops via sealed roads.

Also, if practical, Ukrainians share their battlefield experiences and land mine data with the Australian Army and Thales, the Bushmaster's manufacturer. So the feedback is used to improve the vehicles' design, including those under construction. The troop carrier and mortar strike me as the variants the Ukrainians most urgently require.

Beyond the military aspects of the Bushmaster vehicles, Zelenskyy made an intelligent move for another reason. Australia is unlikely to turn down a request for indigenous designed vehicles with an excellent track record out of national pride. Moreover, they supplied Bushmasters to the Dutch, who partnered with Australian forces in Afghanistan, so that wouldn't be the first time such an arrangement occurred in rapid time.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I've seen some evidence that Ukrainians have captured the latest russian battlefield EW vehicle and and an s400 battery in separate attacks today, both relatively undamaged.

Waiting for official confirmation that this actually happened and the video/photos are current and real, but HUGE if true.

I don't think the U.S. has ever had it's hands on an s400, and the EW vehicle is so new I'd probably bet on it being the first one we get to examine.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The EW vehicle was captured intact. It was being flown to Ramstein Air Base, Germany and then to the US. Western / allied intelligence agencies are chomping at the bit to dissect that thing.

* - Ukraine captures one of Russia's most advanced electronic warfare systems, which could reveal military secrets, reports say

* - Dumped unit may hold military secrets

* - Twitter Photos / Safe

* - Russia has decided that the status of Crimea cannot be discussed since they consider it Russian territory. Apparently "Russian territory" is "non negotiable".

ETA - That Russian flight I'm tracking (my 2nd to last post) now entered Czech airspace and turned west again so I have no idea what the hell is going on.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you, that's huge news!

There's a decent chance I'll get within a few feet of it someday when it reaches my employer, assuming it ever goes in that direction.

russia just gave away all those secret EW gadgets they were so proud of, and were suspected of sharing with china.

I wonder if they'll be nice enough to give is an s500 or hypersonic dud, that would be great.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

From what I have seen about the EW truck its got some unusual and startling abilities.

* - designed to jam low-orbit satellites, drones, and missiles,
* - it is also believed to be able to track NATO aircraft
* - It is believed that a Krasukha-4 system was used against Turkish Bayraktar TB2 drones in Syria, interfering with their control signal and causing them to crash

Flightradar24
* - NATO01 - Boeing E-3A Sentry / NATO (Luxembourg) - Southeast Poland near Ukraine border
* - MMF18 - Airbus A330-243MRTT / NATO (Netherlands) - Southeast Poland
* - NO CALLSIGN - Lockheed C-130B Hercules / Romanian air force - Just north of Bucharest

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

From what I have seen about the EW truck its got some unusual and startling abilities.

* - designed to jam low-orbit satellites, drones, and missiles,
* - it is also believed to be able to track NATO aircraft
* - It is believed that a Krasukha-4 system was used against Turkish Bayraktar TB2 drones in Syria, interfering with their control signal and causing them to crash

Flightradar24
* - NATO01 - Boeing E-3A Sentry / NATO (Luxembourg) - Southeast Poland near Ukraine border
* - MMF18 - Airbus A330-243MRTT / NATO (Netherlands) - Southeast Poland
* - NO CALLSIGN - Lockheed C-130B Hercules / Romanian air force - Just north of Bucharest

I can't comment on anything EW related but figured a publicly known capture of one of these would be a reasonable exception, gonna leave it at that.

Kinda like discussing our operational subs, we just don't do it.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   

There is a photo in the following link that allegedly shows an unexploded hypersonic missile. I wouldnt know what one looks like, so it could be a false claim. Nevertheless, here ya go...

Link

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

There is a photo in the following link that allegedly shows an unexploded hypersonic missile. I wouldnt know what one looks like, so it could be a false claim. Nevertheless, here ya go...

Link

If that had hit the ground travelling at 5 times the speed of sound, i would think there wouldn't be much left of it.

And no ground damage either.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is unconfirmed but I read earlier that UA had had some 14,500 plus Marines, Azov, and AFU forces in Mariupol before their encirclement. It is estimated they are still facing a force of about 4,000.

There is no way to know how many of the 10,000 were casualties or deserters changing into civilian clothes to flee at this point.

I have seen pics of mounds of dead bodies being hauled away to be cremated tho. Even if they somehow manage to win they are going to be devestated.

top topics

<< 368  369  370    372  373  374 >>

join