It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 373
<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

NVM

This was about the hypersonic missles. Camo actually seems the most viable reason for paint.
edit on 31-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: andy06shake
I'm no missile expert but it looks to me like the green paint is for camoflage prior to launching the missile, so it really wouldn't matter if the green paint survived the flight or not, if it's there to help hide the missile before launch. It's likely green for the same reason the truck carrying it is green, to blend in a little better with green terrain:

Iskander missiles

The undamaged condition of the missile and lack of impact evidence seems odd, but not impossible. There are reports of 60% failure rates of Russian missiles, so depending on the failure mode the failed hypersonic missiles may not reach hypersonic velocities, which could allow the paint to remain intact, but I really have no idea how it got there in that condition or if it's disinfo.

An unexploded short range hypersonic ballistic missile, according to Ukrainian authorities, is seen in Kramatorsk, Ukraine, in this handout picture released on March 9. (National Guard of Ukraine/Reuters)

There are stories about high missile failure rates:
Exclu sive: U.S. assesses up to 60% failure rate for some Russian missiles, officials say

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
There are reports of 60% failure rates of Russian missiles...

Lies and western capitalist pig dog false propaganda! Powerful Russian missile same success rate Great Leader Putin election, 108% victory.

edit on 31-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
When our high school coach asked us to give 110%, I thought 100% was the most we could give so it didn't seem possible.

But rigged elections are a different story, just make up some ballots for people that don't exist and then you can get 108% easily.

The 60% claimed missile failure isn't an average, it's "as high as" 60% for "some" missiles, so the overall missile failure rate is surely below 60%, but of course some skepticism about any reported figures in war is warranted.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

⚡️⚡️ Today, March 31, during combat duty in the Mariupol direction, the calculation of MANPADS of the 5th brigade, junior sergeant Tarasyuk and private Ryumin, under the command of the platoon commander, senior lieutenant Sviridenko, with accurate fire from captured Stinger MANPADS, destroyed TWO enemy helicopters "MI-8" moving at extremely low altitude

As a result of the skillful actions of our defenders, the losses of the nationalists amounted to up to 40 people killed, two were captured (t.me...) captured.

@opersvodki[Album]
⚡️❗️It is reported about the liquidation of the deputy commander of "Azov" "Kalina".

Probably in one of the two Ukrainian Air Force Mi-8 helicopters (t.me...) shot down today by the DPR air defense, which were evacuated from Mariupol.

h ttps://files.catbox.moe/ogpn7r.jpg
h ttps://files.catbox.moe/cjk3vt.jpg

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The undamaged condition of the missile and lack of impact evidence seems odd, but not impossible. There are reports of 60% failure rates of Russian missiles, so depending on the failure mode the failed hypersonic missiles may not reach hypersonic velocities, which could allow the paint to remain intact, but I really have no idea how it got there in that condition or if it's disinfo.

It would literally need to just fall off the truck to end up like that...lol

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

This is Ukraine, not Staten Island.

edit on 31-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ukrainian mortar unit tracks and targets Russian forces in Kyiv Oblast

Ukrainian soldier reviews Russian Military Rations (so that's where the sugar went!!!!
)

Even if the sugar thing is a bit 'exagrated', it's still funny as hell, imo

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

If they released it at high altitude if the engine didn't ignite which looking at the picture it didn't. Then I guess it's plausible it just dripped straight down the steel casing wouldn't get a lot of damage. Though I must admit it still doesn't look quite right .

But I was looking for truck tires around it and they are not there your not going to move this without a lift. A craine used to even load them and there doesn't seem to be any evidence
a craine was used

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't know that it didn't fall off a truck. The photo I posted previously shows how they are mounted so close to the back edge of the truck. I see something that looks like a mounting bracket or something on the side that looks like it shouldn't be there after a proper launch (it would create a lot of drag, especially at hypersonic velocities), so that's odd too, a possible indication that it may not have been launched, or at least not launched properly.

But missiles aren't as fragile as airplanes which have a thin skin and US Airways Flight 1549 ended up in the Hudson river in one piece in 2009, though it was called a "miracle".

Those Iskander missiles appear to be of much sturdier construction than a thin-skinned hollow commercial airplane, so I think they can survive a lot more than a plane can without breaking up.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

* - Russian forces 'walking away' from Chernobyl, heading to Belarus: Pentagon official

How it started:
Reuters

Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said.

How it's going:

Twitter

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Russian Soldiers Run For Their Lives As Ukraine Forces Destroy Base

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ukraine Recaptures Town Of Trostianets In The East From Russian Control

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

If you actually cared to look you would see there us easily 10s of 1000s of honest to god nazis not just as state sponsered western backed militias...but also hold elected positions all the way up to MPs in their parliament.

Are here 10s of 1000s of wagner and do they hold such political power and military power in their home country or anywhere else?

I'm not sure who you are talking about here, sorry.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think its pretty obvious...maybe go back and reread your posts in which this was a response to.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Have been following this guys updates and I think he does a really good job of tracking units and the battle lines. Some of your may find it helpful in keeping up with the ever changing lines.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

As I mentioned in another thread, acute radiation syndrome doesn't kick in until the body has absorbed over 100 rems of radiation in a short period. The most contaminated areas of the Red Forest produce readings of 10 millirems/hour.

The only way any soldiers are getting acute radiation syndrome is if they crack open the sarcophagus, which definitely didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: wordforword

As I mentioned in another thread, acute radiation syndrome doesn't kick in until the body has absorbed over 100 rems of radiation in a short period. The most contaminated areas of the Red Forest produce readings of 10 millirems/hour.

The only way any soldiers are getting acute radiation syndrome is if they crack open the sarcophagus, which definitely didn't happen.

Or they were digging trenches, and then living in those trenches, in the highly irradiated Chernobyl soil as the poor russian soldiers claim.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

man those kreosan guys from Ukraine have been swimming in the water in chernboyl and been inside the other reactor halls and have been all over pripyat and through the red forest and they still havent got acute radiation poisoning
these guys travel there all the time before the war

but in saying that all it takes is to touch the wrong piece of material in the wrong place and thats you cooked for life

so i guess the kreosan guys are just lucky

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

man those kreosan guys from Ukraine have been swimming in the water in chernboyl and been inside the other reactor halls and have been all over pripyat and through the red forest and they still havent got acute radiation poisoning
these guys travel there all the time before the war

but in saying that all it takes is to touch the wrong piece of material in the wrong place and thats you cooked for life

so i guess the kreosan guys are just lucky

I don't know what the Ukrainians have done there in the past, but it doesn't appear that they ever sent large military units to create dust clouds in the red forrest and dig trenches to live in for a month.

new topics

top topics

<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join