It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 350
<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Russian troops’ tendency to talk on unsecured lines is proving costly

Russian troops in Ukraine have relied, with surprising frequency, on unsecured communication devices such as smartphones and push-to-talk radios, leaving units vulnerable to targeting, and further underscoring the command-and-control deficiencies that have come to define Moscow’s month-long invasion, observers say.

“We’re seeing them use a lot more unclassified communications because their classified communications capability … for one reason or another, is not as strong as it should be,” a senior U.S. defense official, speaking on the condition of anonymity under terms set by the Pentagon, told reporters in a recent news briefing.

The Russian military possesses modern equipment capable of secure transmission, but troops on the battlefield have reached for simpler-to-use but less-secure lines because of uneven discipline across the ranks, an apparent lack of planning for conducting a sustained fight over long distances, and Russian attacks on Ukraine’s communication infrastructure that it, too, has relied on, experts say.
click link for article

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Flightradar24

* - JAKE31 - Boeing RC-135U Combat Sen / USAF - over Poland / Belarus / Kaliningrad border
* - FORTE10 - Boeing RC-135U Combat Sen / USAF - over the eastern Black Sea
* - LAGR120 - Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker / USAF - over Poland heading south towards Hungary / Romania
* - RCH812 - Boeing C-17A Globemaster III / USAF - Over Romania
* - YANK01 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - YANK02 - Beech RC-12X Guardrail / US Army - patrolling Lithuania
* - NOCALLSIGN - Boeing 777-39L(ER) / Air China - From Beijing - no destination listed just east of St. Petersburg Russia

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: alphabetaone

a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Putin didn't wait 5 years, he started invading in Ukraine in 2014. What are you talking about?

He started in 2014, then paused until 2022.

The very first opportunity after waiting 5+ years for biden.

So he stopped occupying and killing from 2014 until 2022?

Don't play dumb.

He didn't try to invade the rest of Ukraine, or really even make much noise in dombas and crimea.

He was still supporting his forces where they were.

Until March of 2021, when he began assembling forces for this current invasion.

That kinda funny though. I feel as though the families of the dead soldiers over 8 years would feel otherwise.

The subject was the pause in the invasion for 5+ years.

I really don't care what families of dead russian invaders feel, I mean it's a shame that they have to experience a loss, but their loved ones were used to invade a peaceful neighbor and are fair game for killing.

Only putin decided to invade Ukraine, then and now, and only putin can decide when it's time for Ukraine to stop killing russian invaders.

Putin's separatist forces have been killing Ukranians for 8 years.

Why dont you knock off your bullsh1t ... you know it, and i know it. Stop making up crap about your constant "dem dem dem libtard" garbage.

Go start a thread about how bad democrats are. Stop baiting every goddamn thread with your crap.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Unless they are flying them out for lessons..
It takes 1,000 successful hits in a simulator before a soldier is typically qualified to fire a live missile
The foreign legion is no secret
western instructors are on the ground actively using these systems.

This system is much simpler than the larger ones you are thinking of, with nowhere near as much training required, but still more than can be conducted in a couple weeks even under the best of conditions, which this ain't.

Ukraine already has a lot of experienced drone operators which greatly reduces the required training, so it actually is feasable that we are seeing a small number of them being operated by Ukrainians already, but still pretty early for any significant number of retrained operators.

edit on 28-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Putin didn't wait 5 years, he started invading in Ukraine in 2014. What are you talking about?

He started in 2014, then paused until 2022.

The very first opportunity after waiting 5+ years for biden.

So he stopped occupying and killing from 2014 until 2022?

Don't play dumb.

He didn't try to invade the rest of Ukraine, or really even make much noise in dombas and crimea.

He was still supporting his forces where they were.

Until March of 2021, when he began assembling forces for this current invasion.

That kinda funny though. I feel as though the families of the dead soldiers over 8 years would feel otherwise.

The subject was the pause in the invasion for 5+ years.

I really don't care what families of dead russian invaders feel, I mean it's a shame that they have to experience a loss, but their loved ones were used to invade a peaceful neighbor and are fair game for killing.

Only putin decided to invade Ukraine, then and now, and only putin can decide when it's time for Ukraine to stop killing russian invaders.

Putin's separatist forces have been killing Ukranians for 8 years.

Why dont you knock off your bullsh1t ... you know it, and i know it. Stop making up crap about your constant "dem dem dem libtard" garbage.

Go start a thread about how bad democrats are. Stop baiting every goddamn thread with your crap.

What baiting, I stated fact, and did so after someone on your side tried to absurdly bring Trump into this.

russia did not attempt any further invasion of Ukraine, and showed no indications that they intended to do so until last March.

You might not like those facts, but that doesn't change them.

It's also correct that Ukrainian and russian forces were still involved in low intensity fighting in dombas during that period, though the russian supporters here claim it was just Ukrainian nazis attacking 'civilians'.

Tell your side to stop bringing Trump into this and I'll stop responding to their Trump smears.

edit on 28-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here in U.S, Ukraine news has just stopped for a moment, with the 94th Academy award Oscars. With Will Smith slapping Chris Rock on stage.

Any message during the Oscar’s about Ukraine just got thwart and backstaged lol

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

What's 'Academy Awards' and 'Oscars'?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

OK, Grimpachi, you've found sth here, I'll give you that.

Just they should've used more Ukrainian flags in my opinion. Would stop me from questioning this all together.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword
Does anyone know if these arrived already to Ukraine? Getting mixed reports.

Starstreak is a British anti-aircraft missile. and it is being sent to Ukraine.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has told NATO counterparts the UK will provide high velocity anti-aircraft missile system Starstreak to Ukraine. The alliance's defence ministers met for the first time since Russia invaded Ukraine three weeks ago. The extraordinary meeting focused on the immediate Ukrainian crisis and the wider security issues for the region.

www.forces.net...

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

People were talking in the forums that it's already there. But no definite reports about it being used in the airfield yet (Daily Mail doesn't count). Just rumours for now.

As people were saying in the previous posts here, it might take some time to train the troops. That might be the reason.

How big game changer for Ukrainian defence this would be though?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

As people were saying in the previous posts here, it might take some time to train the troops. That might be the reason

UK personel have been out there for a few weeks carrying out training.

Britain’s Starstreak man-portable air defense systems are ready to be deployed in Ukraine, and Ukrainian troops have already been trained to use them, Wallace added

eurasiantimes.com...

The UK is also providing the Sky Sabre anti-aircraft missile system to Poland.

The Defence Secretary announced last week that the UK would deploy the Sky Sabre medium-range, anti-air missile system to Poland with about 100 personnel to help protect her airspace

www.army.mod.uk...

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Saw a tweet earlier that said the system is already deployed...

#UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said the #Starstreak short-range MANPADS that travels at Mach 4 to take down low-flying enemy jets is ready to be used imminently and Ukrainian troops had been trained and were now deployed with Starstreak.

edit on 28-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

So what's the problem exactly with them flinging blood on the steps of an embassy, and what's wrong with the way they look?

As to it being real or a fake product, or PITA feelings on the matter, how the hell would i know? LoL

Ether way you bet in one paw Imhere, crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

The manner in which they choose to protest is their own decision and certainty peaceable compared to what Russia is perpetrating in Ukraine right now.

As to your fascination with the USA, this is about Ukraine and a protest in Prague nothing to do with America per-say. Same as the the majority of the rest of the stuff that transpires around the globe.
edit on 28-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thank you for the info. This looks very promising.

Gives Russia another reason to call Boris the 'most active participant in the race to be anti-Russian' and the 'enemy number one among western leaders'

Independent

I smell fear

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Saw a tweet earlier that said the system is already deployed...

#UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said the #Starstreak short-range MANPADS that travels at Mach 4 to take down low-flying enemy jets is ready to be used imminently and Ukrainian troops had been trained and were now deployed with Starstreak.

Saw it too. That's why brought up the discussion

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: majesticgent

Pictured at the Russian embassy in Prague one month after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

What a nice looking group of people there lol. Is that real blood or fake?

Will PITA care if it’s animal blood being used to prop their opinion on this one? Or will it be pointless as it’ll get washed under the war drumming?

Either way, I bet those people are cheering for themselves for any recognition they get in the photo that’s circulating, instead of really caring about the civilians getting caught in the crosshairs of the elite game.

It’s like looting in U.S here not long ago. Only Peaceful protests.

It was water, cocoa and red and green food dye you tool. They made sure it would be easily washable so they would not get in trouble with the police

They've shared the recipe online so everyone could make it and 'visit' the Russian embassy themselves.

Link
ed it on 28-3-2022 by wordforword because: Adding source

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

So what's the problem exactly with them flinging blood on the steps of an embassy?

As to it being real or a fake product, or PITA feelings on the matter, how the hell would i know? LoL

Ether way you bet in one paw Imhere, crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

The manner in which they choose to protest is their own decision and certainty peaceable compared to what Russia is perpetrating in Ukraine right now.

As to your fascination with the USA, this is about Ukraine and a protest in Prague nothing to do with America per-say. Same as the the majority of the rest of the stuff that transpires around the globe.

Oh really?

What’s wrong vandalizing any property in Prague? You just compared that to a street in a war zone at war lol.

If U.S isn’t involved in this Ukraine situation, what country compares (sorry NATO) is heavier than our hand?

We own NATO. Trump said it stone cold in the faces of Europe a few years ago.

You want U.S out of this Ukraine BS? Ok make a vote.

edit on 28-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Oh really what?

I did not compare there protest to anything other than what it was that being a protest against Russia's war in Ukraine.

Trump don't own NATO that's a given or is even your POTUS any longer. LoL

As to the US involvement in the situation in Ukraine, that don't mean protests in Prague at a Russian embassy have anything to do with USA, simple as that really.

You nation certainly don't own NATO Imhere, and to think so simply shows your lack of understanding and stupidity where the matter is concerned.

As to what i want, well that's kind of beside the point, but what i want is Russia to stop there invasion, people to come to the peace table, and cooler heads to prevail.

Unfortunately we dont get to decide what happens.

Vote on what?

I don't know what you are going on about now, i don't think you do nether all the same.

edit on 28-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
These Twitter Spaces conversations from Russian military experts are really worth a listen. These guys have very accurately predicted the unfolding of this war: Michael Kofman and Dmitri Alperovitch

twitter.com...

These podcasts are also great for the most current military analysis of what's happening in the war:

War on the Rocks: podcasts.apple.com...
School of War: podcasts.apple.com...

edit on 28-3-2022 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Oh really what?

I did not compare there protest to anything other than what it was that being a protest against Russia's war in Ukraine.

Trump don't own NATO that's a given or is even your POTUS any longer. LoL

As to the US involvement in the situation in Ukraine, that don't mean protests in Prague at a Russian embassy have anything to do with USA, simple as that really.

You nation certainly don't own NATO Imhere, and to think so simply shows your lack of understanding and stupidity where the matter is concerned.

As to what i want, well that's kind of beside the point, but what i want is Russia to stop there invasion, people to come to the peace table, and cooler heads to prevail.

Unfortunately we dont get to decide what happens.

Vote on what?

I don't know what you are going on about now, i don't think you do nether all the same.

Which country in NATO pays the most and carry’s it mainly?

It’s U.S.A.

We carried, and still carry NATO for years.

If you take us out of the equation, NATO is one flattened ballon with a deflated reminiscence.

Still don’t think U.S is the Top Dog in NATO?

If you feel that strong, then Europe should be ok without U.S being in this Ukraine BS.

edit on 28-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

<< 347  348  349    351  352  353 >>

join