It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 348
<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If I remember correctly it was facebook/twitter/YouTube that first withdrew from serving Russia. So his blackout is more like saying don't bother trying to come back.

I am sure they didn't pull out before consulting first with someone in government. Makes me wonder though. Was our government afraid of their propaganda contradicting ours because those outlets are a two-way street? They could have been used to influence their populace as much as ours.

Shouldn't matter much tho because a VPN can get around a lot of that.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

The word is getting through to Russians they are beginning to realize that Putin's war is slaughtering Ukrainians.

edit on 3/27/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yup. There is always a resistance in oppression. I just want to point out to the fact that there were very little spectators around. Either she: a)picked the awkward place and time for her 'performance'; b)Russians don't care about atrocities committed by Putin; c)Russians are afraid to express their opinions in public.
edit on 27-3-2022 by wordforword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
More on the Russians trying to control the narrative:

Russian occupiers in #Melitopol asked journalist Svitlana Zalyzetska to stop working at her news website “Ria-Melitopol”. She refused. Then they took her 75-year-old father hostage. Josip Zalyzetsky spent 4 days in Russian captivity.

Today [26th of March] Russians released Josip after Svitlana Zalyzetska showed them that she gave control of the website to a third party. She told to public that “Ria-Melitopol” continue working from the Ukraine-controlled territory.
If this is not a terrorism, then what is?

All on Twitter

Russians are always rushing to control the narrative in their invasions. They are going after the press and transmission systems first (hence TV towers shelled).

They didn't take it into consideration the fact that it's not 50's or 90's anymore. Not many people are getting their news from a newspaper or a TV but almost everyone has a phone with a camera these days and an access to social media. oops

Putin's advisors suck more than Putin.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I know why she chose that location its where the politicians meet. Ill say this saint Peterburg is a beautiful city I highly recommend just sitting on a rooftop and taking in the splender.

Legislative Assembly Building
Saint Petersburg, St. Isaac Square
edit on 3/27/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I know why she chose that location its where the politicians meet.

Thank you. Was wondering what's the significance.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Russians are always rushing to control the narrative in their invasions. They are going after the press and transmission systems first (hence TV towers shelled).
Is that whole snake island story true now? of course not its another example how the Ukrainian forces had been trying to control their the narrative.

dont worry Soros and Rothschild do support Ukraine though.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That same artist that protested the Syrian intervention to.
She is someone who supported the good old days of Boris Yeltsin regime when Russians was weak.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

YouTube is ok with Propaganda as long as it comes from pro NATO, Ukraine "I support the current thing"

In Canada they just removed RT from YouTube searches.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

I know why she chose that location its where the politicians meet.

Thank you. Was wondering what's the significance.

If we dont end up in a nuclear holocaust i hope to revisit st Peterburg again something tells me my relatives may be leaving soon

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: dragonridr

That same artist that protested the Syrian intervention to.
She is someone who supported the good old days of Boris Yeltsin regime when Russians was weak.

When were they strong? Just curious what you think they are now when they can't even take Ukraine using 70 percent of their military force. Their true strength was during the days of the Soviet Union however they have never been able to return to that even though Putin is trying real hard.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

YouTube is ok with Propaganda as long as it comes from pro NATO, Ukraine "I support the current thing"

In Canada they just removed RT from YouTube searches.

You can still access RT i do they just dont want them to make any money so monetization was removed.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Is that whole snake island story true now? of course not its another example how the Ukrainian forces had been trying to control their the narrative.

dont worry Soros and Rothschild do support Ukraine though.

Is this all that you picked up from what was said?

'Soros and Rothschild'? You should get out of that rabbit hole once in awhile and get some fresh air

Spin around if you must. I am a strong believer that everyone is fairly capable to make up their own minds.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if these arrived already to Ukraine? Getting mixed reports.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Russian occupiers in #Melitopol asked journalist Svitlana Zalyzetska to stop working at her news website “Ria-Melitopol”. She refused. Then they took her 75-year-old father hostage. Josip Zalyzetsky spent 4 days in Russian captivity.

Today [26th of March] Russians released Josip after Svitlana Zalyzetska showed them that she gave control of the website to a third party. She told to public that “Ria-Melitopol” continue working from the Ukraine-controlled territory.

All on Twitter

They didn't take it into consideration the fact that it's not 50's or 90's anymore. Not many people are getting their news from a newspaper or a TV but almost everyone has a phone with a camera these days and an access to social media. oops

Made me LOL at this.

Have you seen the news here in the U.S?

CNN and MSNBC alone are trash and laughably biased.

edit on 27-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Putin didn't wait 5 years, he started invading in Ukraine in 2014. What are you talking about?

He started in 2014, then paused until 2022.

The very first opportunity after waiting 5+ years for biden.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

All on Twitter

Made me LOL at this.

Have you seen the news here in the U.S?

CNN and MSNBC alone are trash and laughably biased.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Where as Fox, OAN, Newsmax and the like are completely on the ball.

Best to acquire multiple sources of information from both sides of the fence before coming to any definitive conclusions where NEWS is concerned these days.

Else you are apt to get biased opinions rather than the actual fact of the matter i suppose.
edit on 27-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join