It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, they've answered one of my questions. They were 'protecting' somebody. Who exactly?

Twitter

edit on 28-3-2022 by wordforword because: Adding source

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I feel, you are right about the idea of Zelensky withholding the info bec of whaterver reason.

Me, being a nosy human I am, would like to know that reason.

Seriously, just now on the radio they are saying it is environmental cause rather than poisoning.

Was it 5min since the previous news?

Nobody wants an escalation, I guess.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thinking like Patton...
I have to with all due respect criticize the appearance of the leadership of Ukraine.
Pres. on down...
They haven't shaved, same shirt, they have to understand they are seen around the world now on a daily basis...
You look defeated... Worn out... That's not a good image to send to the world..
Get shave, get a haircut... Put on your combat uniform... And look confident !

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vetfather

Because that's what matters right now, using their remaining drinking water for shaving and bathing.

Folks tend to get smelly, dirty, and raggedy in a war zone, especially when the enemy turns off the water.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

"Seriously, just now on the radio they are saying it is environmental cause rather than poisoning"

IIRC, the March 3 session was held near the Chernobyl dust cloud, and russians were there a day or so waiting for the Ukrainians, so 'environmental' might make sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think this is propaganda doesn't make sense they used a poison that made them break out and now are fine. I would assume if they were poisoned they would be in hospital Russians are very good at using poison to get rid of people.

Or it was a small amount of poison to show that if they wanted to they could apply poison that the people in the room could take back and spread amongst others ala Salisbury.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree with you 100%, for far too long most other member nations of NATO have hidden behind the USA and the UK.

Freeborn, you've hit the nail on the head.
For too long the USA and UK and a couple of other countries on and off have been funding NATO.
Now the likes of Germany, Italy, Spain etc. are drafting laws to spend 2% of their GDP on NATO funding.
They were all warned years ago that they weren't spending enough for NATO to keep Europe safe and secure.
The only two nations who didn't have to worry about anything were the ones pumping the most money into NATO.
i.e. The UK and USA

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: wordforword

"Seriously, just now on the radio they are saying it is environmental cause rather than poisoning"

IIRC, the March 3 session was held near the Chernobyl dust cloud, and russians were there a day or so waiting for the Ukrainians, so 'environmental' might make sense.

It can well be 'The Sky is Falling' situation. I am sure, Abramovich knows exactly that poison is deep rooted within the Russians diplomacy practices. Would be a fare point for all the paranoia.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vetfather

I have to with all due respect criticize the appearance of the leadership of Ukraine.

With all due respect, i suggest that you have none.

A president and his nations' military (both, when was the last time you've seen a president of any nation become involved in military engagement) attempting to secure their nations' sovereignty?

While bitterly embroiled in combat theatre that you might suggest criticism of them not appearing to have stepped out of a 5 star Westin bath suite, says to me you have no respect for military anywhere.
edit on 28-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

For those who dont know Abramovich is also of the Jewish faith, just like Zelenskyy.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not to derail from the 'poison - no poison' subject, but I would like to offer an evening read from the Moscow Times reporter, Michele A. Berdy. She was the last one of the Moscow Times staff to leave Russia after invasion of Ukraine. She has lived in Moscow since 1978.

Gives you a glimpse of the events which resonated through the country. No hate for Russia in the tone. Just a melancholic sadness for the life as she knew it that might as well be lost now.

Full read: Link to Politico

Just a few paragraphs from it:

[...]I was planning to attend the Sochi Winter International Arts Festival beginning on February 16. A few days before I was to leave, I asked my editor if I should go — would it be safe for me to be on the Black Sea coast if war broke out?

“You’ll be in a group,” she said, “and I don’t think it will start.” I said, “I don’t either, but the thing is — I didn’t think Russia would annex Crimea in 2014.” She said, “I didn’t think they’d invade Georgia in 2008.”

I recognize now that the dots were all there. We just couldn’t connect them. We couldn’t imagine a full-scale invasion because a full-scale invasion was unimaginable.

[...]Our inner lives may have been filled with turmoil, but Moscow itself seemed to go strangely silent, as if it had pulled up its sidewalks and slammed shut its doors and windows. In the park across the street from my apartment building, the playground ice slides that had been filled with chattering, happy children were empty and soundless. On our morning walks with our dogs, my friends talked about everything but the war — I don’t know why. Did they believe, as one neighbor said when the sanctions began, that “Biden just won’t let us live in peace” and didn’t want to offend me by criticizing my president? Or did they mistrust me? To my shame, I had a flashback of Soviet-era fear, remembering when friends or colleagues could denounce you to the authorities. I talked about television shows and the weather, just in case.

The strangest part of that last week was the sense of navigating between two realities. There was my reality of a brutal war being waged against Ukraine and foreigners making frantic travel plans. And then there was my neighbors’ televised reality of children handing flowers to Russian soldiers in the warring republics of the Donbas, thanking them for saving them from genocidal Ukrainians. In their reality, NATO was bombing Russian soldiers and the “drug addicted, neo-Nazi” leadership of Ukraine was being run by the Americans. Once someone laughed about “fake” videos of Kyiv being bombed — “as if we could do anything like that.”

I only discussed my situation with one neighbor, who had hurriedly sent her college-age son out of the country and had begun making plans to leave with her daughter. She hadn’t told anyone at work or in the neighborhood that she was leaving. “You never know,” she said on the stairs, rapping her knuckles on the handrail in the old Soviet code that meant an informant.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
* - A powerful cyber attack targeted ISP Ukrtelecom. So far, it has been repulsed, and services are already being resumed, - the State Special Communications Service said

* - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine: The group defending Kyiv, in order to improve the operational situation and maintain the external border of the defense, continues hostilities, maintains control over the situation in the settlements of Motyzhyn, Lisne, Kapitanivka and Dmytrivka

* - Odeska Oblast, Vinnytska Oblast, Cherkaska Oblast(00:00). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now! (+2 hours)

* - Uman, Kyiv, Zhytomyrska Oblast, Mykolayivska Oblast, Zaporizka Oblast(23:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Russia's Wagner Group "has deployed to eastern Ukraine" per Britain's military intelligence, says @MickSmeathUK. "They are expected to deploy more than 1,000 mercenaries, including senior leaders of the organisation, to undertake combat operations (here comes more war crimes committed by Russia)

* - Explosions audible in Kharkiv

* - Head of Balakliya community Ivan Stolboviy is collaborating with Russian occupation troops - head of Kharkiv regional administration

* - 1 killed, 7 wounded, 7 houses and a vehicle damaged as result of Russian missile strike on Liubotyn in Kharkiv region

* - Explosions audible in Kherson

* - 881 people were evacuated today from Berdyansk to Zaporizhiye by buses, 2350 more by private vehicles

* - Satellite imagery from today shows ongoing fires ~4km to the west of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant

* - Russian troops at "Satelit" plant in Mariupol

* - Motyzhin village, west to Kyiv was cleared from Russian troops

* - Dnipro(22:39). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Biden: We will respond if Putin uses chemical weapons in Ukraine, and I will not tell you how we will respond

* - "He shouldn't remain in power," says @POTUS of the president of Russia, explaining he's not advocating "taking Putin down in any way"

* - Biden says 'not walking back' suggestion Putin should leave power

* - Russian army shelled Makariv and nearby villages with MLRS Grad, artillery. There are wounded among civilians, 2 killed in Zabuyanna

* - Chernihiv today after bombing and shelling

* - Lvivska Oblast(21:42). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now! (+4 hours)

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
* - Ukrainian Foreign Minister: Our highest ambition in talks with Russia is to reach a ceasefire

* - Russian troops shelled Dnipropetrovsk region at Kryvyi Rih frontline several times. No casualties. In a counter-offensive Ukrainian army liberated several villages in Kherson region

* - Head of Rivne regional administration: Russian missile strike hit an oil depot

* - Boris Johnson - President @ZelenskyyUa updated me today on the humanitarian situation in Mariupol, as well as the current negotiations with Russia. The UK will continue to step up our efforts to help Ukraine defend itself from aggression

* - Explosions over Odesa - air defense responded to drones

* - Water supply rationing in Donetsk - will be available only 2 hours in 48

* - Today, Russian forces abducted Oleksiy Konovalov, a deputy of the Henichesk council from Servant of the People, the vice Chairman of the Kherson Regional Council Sobolevsky writes on FB. He adds that Konovalov was arrested at a checkpoint because he was on a Russian list (kill list)

* - A Pentagon official: Mariupol is subjected to heavy Russian air and missile bombardment

* - A source with direct knowledge has just confirmed the WSJ/Bellingcat reports that Abramovich suffered symptoms of poisoning. "Roman lost his sight for several hours" and was treated in Turkey, the source said"

* - Ukraine's national internet provider Ukrtelecom has confirmed a cyberattack on its core infrastructure. Real-time network data show an ongoing and intensifying nation-scale disruption to service, which is the most severe registered since the invasion by Russia

* - Security Service of Ukraine says it has shutdown 5 enemy bot farms with a capacity of over 100,000 fake accounts They operated in Kharkiv, Cherkasy, Ternopil, Poltava, and Zakarpattia Oblast, the accounts were registered on various social media, SBU says

* - Bellingcat can confirm that three members of the delegation attending the peace talks between Ukraine and Russia on the night of 3 to 4 March 2022 experienced symptoms consistent with poisoning with chemical weapons. One of victims was Russian entrepreneur Roman Abramovich

* - The Secretary-General of the United Nations: The war in Ukraine has deepened the food crisis in many countries

* - New message from @USEmbassyKyiv: "After more than six weeks assisting U.S. citizens arriving in Poland from Ukraine, the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw is closing its American Citizen Welcome Center on Wednesday, March 30." Decision is based on declining inquiries and in-person visits

* - The Mayor of Mariupol says that almost 5,000 people died in Mariupol since Russia sieged the city

* - Russian army shelled Severodonetsk in Luhansk region. 5 building damaged, at least 7 people wounded

* - US official: It seems that Putin is not ready to reach a compromise to end the war

* - Vasylkiv, Brovary(17:05). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Poltava, Kharkiv(17:03). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kyiv(16:51). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now! (+9 hours)

* - Irpin in the Kyiv region was cleared of the Russian troops

* - Another major Ukrainian leak operation: Ukrainian military intelligence GUR discloses alleged list of 620 Russian FSB employees, with lots of verifiable details

* - U.S. weapons to Ukraine "not coming through in sufficient quantities" Poland's prime minister tells @LallyWeymouth

* - Kyiv, Kharkivska Oblast(15:11). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now! (+11 hours)

* - Makariv, Borodianka(14:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Zelensky to The Economist: The Russians cut off supplies to Mariupol, Melitopol, Kherson and Kharkiv

* - Izyum(14:30). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Rudnitske village at Brovary direction was cleared from Russian troops

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

edit on 28-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

For those who dont know Abramovich is also of the Jewish faith, just like Zelenskyy.

Quite correct Xcath
as are pretty everyone installed into power by the West's hidden hand also including Yatsenjuk, Porkyshenko, Groysman, Timoshenko etc / business interests / etc............. Yet they make up something like 1 out of every 1,000 people in Ukraine, but there's no conspiracy there is there even though this is statistically impossible

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Russian forces have not abandoned their objective to encircle and capture Kyiv, despite Kremlin claims that Russian forces will concentrate on eastern Ukraine.

Ukrainian forces recaptured the Kyiv suburb of Irpin on March 28. Ukrainian forces will likely seek to take advantage of ongoing Russian force rotations to retake further territory northwest of Kyiv in the coming days.

Russian forces conducted unsuccessful attacks toward Brovary and did not conduct offensive operations toward Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv. Russian operations in northeastern Ukraine remain stalled.

The Ukrainian General Staff stated that a battalion tactical group (BTG) of the 1st Guards Tank Army fully withdrew from Ukrainian territory near Sumy back to Russia for possible redeployment – the first Ukrainian report of a Russian unit fully withdrawing into Russia for redeployment to another axis of advance in this conflict.

Russian forces continued to steadily take territory in Mariupol.

Ukrainian resistance around Kherson continues to tie down Russian forces in the area.

Russian forces did not conduct any offensive operations in the southern direction

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
* - Ternopilska Oblast(12:55). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Chernivetska Oblast(12:55). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Lvivska Oblast, Rivnenska Oblast, Chernihivska Oblast, Khmelnytska Oblast, Ivano-Frankivska Oblast, Volynska Oblast(12:54). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Damage in Vyshneve after Russian shelling

* - The Kremlin: Talks between Russia and Ukraine in Turkey will take place this week, but are unlikely to start today

* - Lavrov: Putin's meeting with Zelensky will be possible as soon as clarifications are obtained on the main issues presented by Russia

* - Russian forces announce their incursion into the Ukrainian defenses and reach the outskirts of the village of Novoselivka in Donetsk

* - Power lines in Kyiv damaged as result of Russian shelling. Partial blackout at western districts of Kyiv

* - Shelling with 120mm mortars targeting Lysychansk

* - Ukrainian deputy PM: no humanitarian corridors today, because of possible Russian provocations against them

* - Ukrainian military shotdown Russian cruise missile near Mykolaiv yesterday

* - 59 shelling with mortars, artillery, 180 shelling with MLRS, including Smerch with cluster ammunition in last 24 hours in Kharkiv region - head of regional administration

* - Turkish Ministry of National Defense: Upon detecting a mine off the Igneada coast, close to the Bulgarian border, the intervention was started by the SAS teams, who were transferred to the scene.

As a reminder -

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

oh good.. more propaganda bs about the Jewish conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

Gives you a glimpse of the events which resonated through the country. No hate for Russia in the tone. Just a melancholic sadness for the life as she knew it that might as well be lost now.

The carnage from this conflict transcends combatant casualty, doesnt it?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I still haven't even bothered to look up this guy's name but have become a big fan of his analysis and delivery, thanks for sharing Random!

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join