It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

The hypocrisy is incredible. Palpable, all human life is equal but the numbers are 1K in ukraine and all of a sudden Putin is the most evil man in history. 1K collateral damage.

And then here we have two Japanese cities filled with purely civilians going about daily life. Sons, moms, dads, husbands, babies, grandparents, wives... being bombed into oblivion by nuclear wepaons

1 K killed in Ukraine in 1 Month. Figuees can soon add up as longer it goes on. Japan killed 16 million civilians in China alone during WW II

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Your comprehension is warped.

I never justified the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagsaki.
I clearly stated it was horrific.

I said it was a lesson the world needed to learn.
It was that horrific that no other world leader has threatened to use first strike nuclear weapons.

We can't allow that to happen again.

Yet Putin has openly threatened to use first strike nuclear weapons if he doesn't get his own way.
"Without Russia there is no world."

That in no way justifies Hiroshima or Nagasaki...we HAVE to learn from them.
Putin couldn't give # about them.....he'll use far more powerful bombs than those used back in 1945 if he wants to.

I have no problem whatsoever with people having a different opinion to me, especially considered one's.....but please don't try to turn and twist my posts into something they aren't, its disingenuous.

edit on 26/3/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Are you both saying that you think russia only killed 1000 Ukrainians so far?

That sounds pretty absurd.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Do any of those 'informed' opinions think putin is anything other than a power hungry madman?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Are you both saying that you think russia only killed 1000 Ukrainians so far?

No !

I was using the figure given by ISeekTruth101.

We both know the figure is far higher.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

All very true imho.

When I suggest aiding his narrative I mean letting him call whatever we have to give him in a settlement whatever he wants to his people - let him spin it as victory and we shouldn’t debunk those claims.

By diplomacy I mean looking at the disputed area in the context of the past thousand years and accepting that perhaps it is time for part of it to Russia for this relatively short episode of history. Probably the area he’s gone for giving Putin a route to the sea. Where I draw the line is the disarmament of Ukraine. If that happened he’d simply March back in while they’re defenceless.

It’s uncomfortable. It’s not the way things should be in a fair world, but we live in an uncomfortably unfair world. So we may indeed need to bend it over, spread those cheeks and take one so that our kids get a chance to grow up.

That’s all as vague as hell, but I too don’t really know the answer (which is no doubt evident).

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
* - Zaporizhia(23:26). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Poltava(23:10). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Bakhmut(23:09). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Kirovohradska Oblast(23:01). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

* - Dnipro(22:59). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!
The warnings above are from the last 30 minutes

* - Heavy shelling targeting Lysychansk

* - Ukraine: Video that would show a TOS-1A Solntsepek targeting the Ukrainian armed forces in Kamienka, in the Kharkiv region

* - Volyn: Ukrainian military shot down 3 missiles launched from Belarus

* - In Balaklia, Russian troops kidnapped city officials Serhiy Poltorak and Oleh Bludov. Probably, the mayor Ivan Stolbovy was also kidnapped, - the chairman of the Kharkiv regional administration Sinehubov

* - .@SecBlinken announces the US will provide "an additional $100 million in civilian security assistance to enhance the capacity of the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs"

* - The Atomic Energy Agency: We are monitoring developments after the Russian forces took control of the city of Slavutych, the residence of the Chernobyl plant employees

* - Missile targeted oil depot in Dubno town in Rivne region - head of Rivne regional administration

* - UK should be doing "much more" to help refugees from Ukraine, says London mayor Khan

* - Mayor of Slavutich: Russian troops have occupied the town and killed 3 civilians

* - Aerial object was shot down 10 kms from Lutsk. Could be drone or cruise missile - Volyn regional administration

* - Mayor of Lviv: In one of the schools near the place of the airstrike, windows were broken by a shock wave. There are no victims

* - Head of the Military Administration of Ukraine's Zaporizhia: the first buses transporting Mariupol residents from Berdyansk to our city arrives

* - Adviser to the Ukrainian President: The city of Lviv was subjected to intense missile shelling

* - Russian media reports shooting down of ballistic missile over Rovenky town in Luhansk region

* - Dmytro Kuleba: This Menora in Drobytskyi Yar near Kharkiv never threatened anyone. It commemorates the memory of over 15.000 Jews murdered by Nazis. Damaged by Russian shelling today. Why Russia keeps attacking Holocaust Memorials in Ukraine I expect Israel to strongly condemn this barbarism

* - Biden on Putin: 'For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power'

* - Russian army shelled settlements of Novovorontsovka community with cluster ammunition

* - Scientific nuclear facility in Kharkiv came under Russian shelling again

* - Biden, of Putin's war: "It's an example of one of the oldest human impulses - using brute force and disinformation to satisfy a craving for absolute power and control." "It's nothing less than a direct challenge to the rules-based international order" established since WWII

* - POTUS calls Putin's claim to de-nazify Ukraine "obscene"

* - Ukrainian Armed Forces have cleared Trostyanets in the Sumy Region from Russian troops, - the 93rd Brigade Kholodny Yar

* - Debris of Kaliber missile shot down over Vinnytsa region

* - L'viv mayor Sadovy confirms another missile strike on the city

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
* - Sirens sounding in L'viv and more explosions audible

* - As result of Russian army shelling on villages of Brovary district and Bucha in Kyiv region 3 civilians were killed, 6 wounded

* - Rally in London today in support of Ukraine

* - As a result of the shelling in Lviv, one of the industrial facilities where fuel is stored is on fire, - mayor Sadovy

* - Mariupol authorities: Russian forces forcibly remove doctors and patients from the city's hospital

* - Explosions audible in Kherson

* - Reports of 5 wounded in a missile attack on the Ukrainian city of Lviv

* - The Ukrainian Armed Forces repulsed the attack on Irpin from three directions - Mayor

* - 2 civilians wounded in Slavutich, one in bad condition

* - Trostyanets in Sumy region was cleared from Russian troops

* - Mayor of Lviv Sadoviy: we have missile hit in L'viv, waiting more information from military administration

* - Russian troops shelled Boyarka. 4 civilians were injured, including a child

* - In many areas, the Armed Forces are launching a successful offensive - the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine

* - Russian army shelling targeting Kharkiv

* - .@POTUS Biden and senior American officials hold an expanded bilateral meeting with Polish President @AndrzejDuda in Column Hall of the Presidential Palace

* - Bosphorus closed to international transit due to possible loose mines: Turkish Navy, Coast Guard and Bosphorus Coastal Safety planes, helicopters, patrol vessels are searching for more floating mines near the northern anchorage: Transit traffic is about to resume towards Black Sea

* - Poland's president @AndrzejDuda says during the meeting with @POTUS @JoeBiden: we count on tough US leadership. We are a serious partner, a reliable ally, next year Poland will spend 3% of GDP on defense, we want to buy modern military equipment manufactured in the USA

* - Secretary Antony Blinken:.@SecDef and I met with Ukraine Foreign Minister @DmytroKuleba and Defense Minister @oleksiireznikov today. We pledged continued support to meet Ukraine's humanitarian, security & economic needs as President Putin's full-scale invasion enters its second month

* - Russian army shelled Lysychansk, Sieverodonetsk. Many fires

* - Japan's Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said on Saturday the prospect of Russia using nuclear weapons was "increasingly real”

* - Photo: fires in Rubizhne after Russian shelling

* - 39-year-old Lviv cameraman of @24tvua and @ZaxidNet Yuriy Oliynyk was killed during battles in eastern Ukraine

* - Heavy shelling targeting Kharkiv (5 mins ago)

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

edit on 26-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

From ISW today.

"Russian forces continued their unsuccessful efforts to move into positions from which to attack or encircle Kyiv, claims by First Deputy Chief of the Russian General Staff Sergei Rudskoi on March 25 notwithstanding. The Russian military continues to concentrate replacements and reinforcements in Belarus and Russia north of Kyiv, to fight for positions on Kyiv’s outskirts, and to attempt to complete the encirclement and reduction of Chernihiv. Russian activities around Kyiv show no change in the Russian high command’s prioritization of the fight around Ukraine’s capital, which continues to occupy the largest single concentration of Russian ground forces in Ukraine. The Russians have not claimed to redeploy forces from Kyiv or any other part of Ukraine to concentrate on fighting in Donbas, and we have observed numerous indicators that they have not done so. The increasingly static nature of the fighting around Kyiv reflects the incapacity of Russian forces rather than any shift in Russian objectives or efforts at this time."

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Then they need to be wiped out completely if they refuse to leave Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I think the sad reality is that its inevitable that Ukraine will end up conceding some land to Russia.
This has been a constant throughout the history of human conflict the world over.....borders move.

But this will never be agreed to as long as Putin is bombing the crap out of the country.

We all know Putin's goal was the total annexation of Ukraine.
Will his arrogance and lust for greatness allow him to settle for less?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That may be the case, but that means we'd need to settle in for a long war.

Ukraine simply doesn't have the tools today, and even in the best case scenario, doesn't have the ability to quickly stand up a large enough well trained army.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

True but the Ukrainian people seem to be quick studies, especially in non-military realms. When the entire city comes out to stop the Russian advance it says something. Problem is Russia is not listening / comprehending what the Ukrainian people are saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

True but the Ukrainian people seem to be quick studies, especially in non-military realms. When the entire city comes out to stop the Russian advance it says something. Problem is Russia is not listening / comprehending what the Ukrainian people are saying.

Agreed.

A month ago I didn't think Ukraine would last more than a week, and probably less.

A combination of well trained (recently) Ukrainian military, brilliant leadership, and absolute determination of civilians, along with the complete ineptitude of russian forces, have changed my analysis and opinion.

It IS now possible for Ukraine to fight russia to a draw long enough to train the forces that would be responsible for removing the russian invaders, but this means a MUCH longer war than I or anyone else I'm aware of had initially thought.

It's why russia has been sending cruise missiles at training centers today.

They know too.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ah Russia same mob that spends about 60 billion dollars a year on there military.

Have you seen what Germany will now spend on their military budget because of Putin's antics?

120 billion dollars per year, how do you imagine Russia's going to keep up at that new cold war fiasco?

And that's just Germany never mind the rest of the NATO nations.

They are all back of the bus and soon they wont even be able to afford a ticket.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Well Ukraine currently has about 150k soldiers in training. No idea how far along in that process they are though.

Ive seen people make comments about how much larger the Russian military is however that mindset takes me back to the cold war where the USSR / East Block preferred quantity over quality. I think people are are missing the point / not understanding that this is a modern war with both sides being on somewhat equal grounds.

People got use to seeing an encounter where only 1 party to the conflict is modern where as the other party is operating using equipment and tactics from 40+ years ago.

quite the eye opener for some I'd imagine.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Putins second fatal mistake after invading Ukraine. He somehow managed to bring Europe / NATO together instead of driving them apart.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

My side?

Ive not really got a side but my stance amounts to peace on Earth and goodwill towards mankind unless provoked.

I certainly don't condone the invasion of another nation under false pretence and the unwarranted attacks on Ukrainian civilians and info structure to satisfy the childish dreams of Vladimir Putin.

Simple as that really.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: wordforword

Well if the reports are true and Russia does invade Lithuania I would wager Putin is of the mindset that NATO wont do anything because, in Putins mind, the Baltic states are not worth defending. If NATO does not act then Putin will go balls to the walls, at least in Eastern Europe, and reform part of the USSR / Russian Empire.

Making a wager like this is extremely dangerous, especially if NATO does fight back.

I would also say it, in Putins mind, would be an easy victory, although Russia thought the same about Ukraine.

As far as removing Putin a former KGB officer now living in the West talked about that and His explanation made sense. The only way to remove Putin would be for the Russian people to do it. Any action to remove Putin by any external force would backfire, solidifying Putins grasp with the added bump in support from the Russian people.

Agreed. The only way is through replacement of the Russian government executed by Russians themselves. Unfortunately, to start a revolution they have to reform their own mindset first which will not happen overnight. Many people are apolitical due to the 'nothing ever changes' belief; the other big part fanatically follow and obey false prophet Putin, happy to lap up all his lies.

All this begs the question of what would it actually take to mobilize Russian citizens to create a political and governmental transition in Russia?

You can't deny the mass scale of info war launched from both sides. Facade is breaking and it scares a few. This might be another reason why Putin is sucking in this 'piecekeeping mission' of his so much: he sits on too many chairs at the moment, trying to control the narrative at home and push the coarse of Ukraine's occupation. It might even look like he's afraid of his own shadow:

Business Insider

Putin replaced 1,000 personal staff members in February over fears they would poison him, report says.
Those sacked included bodyguards, cooks, launderers, and secretaries, The Daily Beast reported on Wednesday, citing a Russian government source.

One thing for sure: paranoia is running wild on the streets of Russia.

Twitter link for a video. It's amazing what a paranoid mind can see.

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join