It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 337
<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
omg...

White House once more having to walk back Biden's words...

He didn't mean Regime Change Regime Change.... he meant that Putin could excercise power over his neighbours /facepalm

And the British MoD at the same time.... "it's all a hoax!"

The whole world is lead by idiots.

Yeap...indeed...you really made me laugh

Here in Portugal we have an old saying wich tells "Cada Tiro, Cada Melro"...wich basically says "Every Shot( spoken phrase), an automatically "falling bird").
So many times the white house comes like an ambulance in distress trying to correct what Biden said, and even before this bloody war.
But as an humble point of view i still see this attack this afternoon in Lviv nothing out of the new "Phase 2"...according the Kremlin they said they will focus on the Western Part/Donbass, however i dont get the word/expression *focus* as some kind of "100% only"...what i understood was Russia will now start to move and concentrate on the West, but keeping some tactical and isolated ops on the rest of Ukr when they think its needed, and talking only and merely on a military/strategic view...cause like anyone else im totally pro-peace.

edit on 26-3-2022 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2022 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Enemy Unit And Its Equipment Were Destroyed

- March 25, 2022

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

originally posted by: wordforword
a reply to: McGinty
You should send this to Ukrainians who are stuck in bomb shelters, to Ukrainians who lost their families and all the possessions bec of Putin. Send it to those who are still fighting for every inch of their own land. Tell them, 'let Putin take whatever he wants bec we all here are afraid of getting nuked.'

Yeah, you're right, better to get nuked than to negotiate.

originally posted by: wordforword
Also, with all the rumours coming from the Russian side, do we still think the 'nuking' is on the table?

Which rumours are these exactly (that includes proof they're not from a western source) ?

I think everyone's geting tired of one sided 'negotiations'. Every time someone tries to talk to Vlad, hears the same melody from the same 'de-nazify Ukraine' tape. Vlad's propaganda is so good that he believes it himself. At some point enough becomes enough. I think, there's not only Putin who's moving to the phase two.

Biden calls Putin a “butcher” (Previous insults: a “thug” and “murderous dictator”).

CNN

President Joe Biden on Saturday called Russian President Vladimir Putin a "butcher" after visiting with refugees in Warsaw, Poland, in an intense criticism of the Russian leader's actions in Ukraine that have seen millions of refugees flee to neighboring countries.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has already weighed in on this. Speculations grow, this could be what Moscow might use to break off all the diplomatic relations.

The Times of Israel

The Kremlin said Biden’s branding of Putin as a “butcher” lowered the chances for an improvement in ties between Moscow and Washington.

“Still, a state leader should keep their temper,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov is quoted as saying by the official TASS news agency.

“And, of course, each time such personal insults narrow the window of opportunity for our bilateral relations under the current [US] administration. It is necessary to be aware of this,” he added.

P.S.: If you would have read any of my posts before, you would know by now: I REALLY don't like the idea of me getting nuked
But my life is so menial on the grand scale of events so whatever comes...

Regarding rumours, they are exactly what they are - rumours. Till it turns out to be true, of course

Sorry for not having a Telegram account. Should ask the other member here for this. But I do post from RT and other Rus-propaganda sources. Mostly for the laughs though.

So, for now, Burn Butcher Burn!

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, just to reiterate....

This is not Ukraine's fault - they invaded no one.
This is not MSM's fault - (i really dont care what you think of them) They are there to report what's happening
This is not the West's fault - The whole West didn't invade anyone either.
This is not the fault of anyone who wishes to be vocal about atrocities ending.

This is all Putin, from A to Z, from Alpha to Omega

He holds ultimate responsibility for everything that is happening here.

With respect to a short-term solution? FB you actually gave a salient one, call for an immediate ceasefire and TALK ffs, that is absolutely a realistic short-term solution.

A solution doesn't have to be implemented for it to actually be a solution.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
So, just to reiterate....

This is not Ukraine's fault - they invaded no one.
This is not MSM's fault - (i really dont care what you think of them) They are there to report what's happening
This is not the West's fault - The whole West didn't invade anyone either.
This is not the fault of anyone who wishes to be vocal about atrocities ending.

This is all Putin, from A to Z, from Alpha to Omega

He holds ultimate responsibility for everything that is happening here.

With respect to a short-term solution? FB you actually gave a salient one, call for an immediate ceasefire and TALK ffs, that is absolutely a realistic short-term solution.

A solution doesn't have to be implemented for it to actually be a solution.

Actually, RUMOUR has it, this is all his fault:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Nothing happens with Russia, or Russia's military without Putin's approval. That and i don't really deal with rumors very well.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ok... Putin is being a bit unpredictable now....

Kremlin said "the war will not end with Ukraine".
At the same time, Estonia said they were informed that spies were trying to recruit people on the border.

And now Putin sent 3 cruise missiles into Lviv

The info I have seen with Russia not stopping at Ukraine pretty much alluded to fact that Russia wants to be touching Kaliningrad. Lithuania is currently in the way. It's one thing trying to take Ukraine but going after a NATO country would confirm that Putin is unhinged.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Glory to Ukraine and the Belwarriors!!!

edit on 26-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: wordforword

Nothing happens with Russia, or Russia's military without Putin's approval. That and i don't really deal with rumors very well.

The rumour has it Shoigu is not dealing well with his heart problems.

Ok, i'll stop with all the 'rumours' thing... Had to get it out of my system.

Apologies.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Truman nuked Japan twice. Was he a madman?

Completely different scenario.

Japan declared war on the USA.
Ukraine didn't attack Russia and had absolutely no intentions of attacking Russia.
NATO hasn't attacked Russia and has repeatedly stated they will only get actively involved if a member nation is invaded.
No mention of using nuclear weapons, at all.

Nuclear bombs had only just been invented.
No-one had actually seen the effects of nuclear weapons.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrific....but they were lessons mankind had to learn.
If they hadn't been used then it would only have been a matter of time before someone used one in anger.....possibly with even worse results.

We no longer have that excuse....we know too well what the effects of nuclear war will be, largely because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Which is why no-one has threatened to use them as a first strike option....until now.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ok... Putin is being a bit unpredictable now....

Kremlin said "the war will not end with Ukraine".
At the same time, Estonia said they were informed that spies were trying to recruit people on the border.

And now Putin sent 3 cruise missiles into Lviv

The info I have seen with Russia not stopping at Ukraine pretty much alluded to fact that Russia wants to be touching Kaliningrad. Lithuania is currently in the way. It's one thing trying to take Ukraine but going after a NATO country would confirm that Putin is unhinged.

Lithuania is in NATO. That WOULD be a suicide mission.

Plus, Lithuanians hate Russians more that any Ukrainian would ever hate. They are still pointing fingers at people who use to belong to KGB in Soviet Union era. Russia left a bad taste in their mouth after they drove tanks onto people that were trying to protect radio and TV towers with their bare bodies in 1991. They still lit candles for them on 13th of Jan every year.
Once again, Russians might think Lithuanians are not the threat but look what happened in Ukraine. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So, with all that said, with no clearly feasible pathway for a positive outcome in sight, one has to ask, why even continue? Why go all-in on this? How is it possibly worth the cost at this point? That is becoming the key line of questioning here, not just strategically, but as a litmus test for Putin's currency as a rational actor. Long viewed as a shrewd master strategist, regardless of what you thought of his other actions, that facade appears to be crumbling without explanation.

Good read. Long term outlook for the invasion -->

www.thedrive.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Deputy Defense Minister of Ukraine publishes images from the computer game "Arma3" as evidence of the destruction of Russian helicopters over Kherson❗️

Deputy Defense Minister of Ukraine Anna Malyar published a post on her Facebook page saying that this morning over Kherson "the Ukrainian army's anti-aircraft defenses expertly knocked out four K-52 helicopters belonging to the Russian armed forces." She attached a video of the "fighting" to the post, but the footage Malyar cited as "evidence" was actually from the military simulation game Arma3.

Now Malyar's post, as well as the materials of some Ukrainian media and Telegram channels citing her publication have already been removed. But, as the saying goes, the internet remembers everything.

t.me...

I remember someone posted it somewhere here or on twitter. It was extremely pixilated like it was from a bad camera.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

In the end, it's only about what Putin thinks and decides. How can you not see that?

Because its not even close to being accurate. You keep ignoring the fact that Russia is not the only country on this planet so what he thinks and what other countries think do matter.

Putin can make his case, as he is trying to do. The other countries will make theirs and together they will see if a compromise is possible.

Compromise being the key word. So far all Putin is doing is bitching about the way he / russia are treated on the global stage. Guess what - Russia is NOT the USSR, regardless of putin being stuck in the 1980's.

If it comes to blows then it comes to blows. People like Putin have an ego problem where they think their opinions are the only ones that matter and in putins case, when he cant get his way, he throws a temper tantrum and tries to threaten people with nukes.

I give Putin 2 months before he is replaced or assassinated by his own people. I say this because soldiers are so pissed at whats going on, one soldier killed his colonel by running him over with a tank.

I’ll make that bet with you, Putin isn’t assassinated or replaced in 2 months. And if his security concerns are not addressed in that time Ukraine will be worse off than it is now.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ukraine captures one of Russia's most advanced electronic warfare systems, which could reveal military secrets, reports say

Ukrainian forces have seized part of one of Russia's most advanced electronic warfare systems, which could reveal its military secrets, reports say.

The Krasukha-4 command module was found abandoned on the outskirts of Kyiv partly damaged but otherwise intact, The Times of London reported.

Photos of the unit posted on social media appear to show the container containing the module covered in tree branches, possibly in a hasty camouflage attempt by retreating Russian forces. The system is designed to jam low-orbit satellites, drones, and missiles, but it is also believed to be able to track NATO aircraft, The Times said.

A complete Krasukha-4 is a two-part system consisting of a command post module and an electronic warfare system, mounted separately on two trucks.

It is believed that a Krasukha-4 system was used against Turkish Bayraktar TB2 drones in Syria, interfering with their control signal and causing them to crash, according to The Telegraph.

click link for article...

The unit will go to Germany and then on to the US where western intelligence is going to pick it apart.

Out of curiosity are we seeing Russia starting to use some of their top of the line equipment in Ukraine or is this a one off?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Considering Sweden and Finland's reaction to Russia's invasion of her peaceful neighbour how do you imagine addressing Russia’s concerns or the capitulation of Ukraine will resolve or change matters?

NATO is not just one step closer to Russia now but three.

What happens when Sweden and Finland decide to join NATO?

Does Russia spit the dummy out and get to invade there peaceful nations?

Putin sealed Russia's fate as soon as he told repeated porkie pies about military exercises that turned out to be an invasion.

Never mind the fact that by the looks of things Russia has managed to lose command and control of the invasion at the operational level.

There troops are begging for food and retreat routes now ffs!

No nation on Earth is ever going to trust them again whilst your man Putin still reigns supreme and with an iron fist over his own people far as i can establish.

Is that a response to my comments or the US foreign policy experts that disagree with you?

I’ve brought in several American experts who have opposing opinions to yours. So not even biased sources.

I agree with their side.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Hell of a wager to place over people dying and lives being ruined and places being destroyed.

And i don't mean so much with that assassination Putin malarkey but the soldiers on both sides now dying because of his actions

Anyhoo who do you think you are Howard Hughes or Aristotle Onassis?

edit on 26-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join