It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
And if NATO is free to accept any nation into its alliance why these words by the Former US secretary of defence:

A quote from one of thousands of diplomats is not that important in the great scheme of things. It was not policy, for a start.

NATO actually has criteria for accepting nations into the fold. Russia made a couple of approaches to join NATO if you look to the record, but were rebuffed. Sad face.

Russia's babblings about NATO are more about the shame that all these nations don't want to be in Russia's "sphere of influence". They just don't want Russia to pay any attention to them. Too much historical abuse, genocides and ethnic cleansing. For Russia, it's not a good look that all their neighbours distrust them so much and they want to be friendly with other nations.

Looking at Ukraine today, you can see why they wanted to be a member of NATO. Russia just cannot be trusted, nor can their wilful belligerence be satiated.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

It has become especially fashionable in such circles to insist that NATO's expansion to Russia's border was in no way responsible for the current Ukraine crisis. Many dismiss all arguments to the contrary as "echoing Putin's talking points," "siding with Putin," or circulating Russian propaganda and "disinformation." Leaving aside the ugly miasma of McCarthyism enveloping such allegations, the underlying argument is factually wrong

Lets be careful in choosing the right words here: it is very important to use the right words to describe what is happening with Ukraine and all the Russian aggression displayed.

Therefore, lets avoid all the misleading vocabulary: It is NOT 'crisis in Ukraine', it is'Russia's war against Ukraine'.

According to George Lakoff, cognitive linguist and philosopher (author of 'Don’t Think of An Elephant'):

In Russia's war against Ukraine the words matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Its because they have experienced relatively recently the reality of Russian domination and subjugation and they don't want to go through it again.

Nor have they forgotten about Nazi Germany and never should forget about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't particularly care where you are from or what your forebears got up to, just like my own its probably nothing good and had little to do with freedom. LoL

Think you might possibly entertain which side your bread is buttered all the same.

Maybe your not old enough to remember the cold war era, it was not very nice living with the constant threat of destruction put it that way.

However our enemy in this instance is clear, wee hint they are targeting all our major cites for one thing.

And invading there peaceful neighbour to satisfy a mad mans wet dream that will never materialise.

I had to correct your assumption:

“ While you lot die in the snow and starve to death is my bet. ”

There’s no snow here, that’s not me.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Where is everyone getting their news about the Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yes we established that when you chimed up that you were not Russian.

Not a hard to make mistake given your antics and rhetoric in this thread.

And if you live in the UK, well its only March ISeekTruth101, never say never, at least not just yet . LoL

For all you know you could get some with your Easter Eggs.
edit on 22-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where is everyone getting their news about the Ukraine?

www.understandingwar.org...

They post a daily update every afternoon with well thought out analysis.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Let the man speak, it’s ok to see different viewpoint angles.

METAFUCHS, your avatar with a cat shooting cucumbers with eye lasers is hilarious!

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Thanks for the link.

It's from Cav initially, but I've also been using it daily.

Make sure you click the date to get the details page. There was a LOT of detail there when russia was more active, but still quite a bit each day now.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hopefully the Russia is futile narrative can prove true

Hopefully they are stuck in the mud, hopefully they have lost 10k soldiers

But for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I just don't believe it

Maybe just wishful thinking on the west part? Sounds like the vaccines all over again

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77

Maybe just wishful thinking on the west part? Sounds like the vaccines all over again

Russian equivalent of DoD already admitted 10,000 dead and 16,000 wounded russians, a number that only included actual russian soldiers, and is a bit dated now.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I sort of respect your resolute stance against overwhelming odds.....but I'm not sure if its wilful ignorance, blind faith or just a burning ideological dislike of 'the west'.....or a mixture of all three?

Nothing is going to change your mind, no amount of evidence, reasoned debate or appeal to any sense of morality you may have.....nothing.
So this is a pointless debate that is achieving nothing.

The only thing left for me personally to say to you is have you ever considered exactly why so many of these ex-USSR nations and former Warsaw Pact countries WANT to join NATO?
Why they approached NATO and sought membership or assistance?

Its because they have experienced relatively recently the reality of Russian domination and subjugation and they don't want to go through it again.
You can give all your bluster, all your smoke-in-mirrors excuses but the FACT remains they are scared of Russian domination....and Putin's actions are vindicating those fears.
The people of these nations and lands don't want to be part of Putin's Great Russian Empire....would you?

But have I been speaking in a vacuum? Or have I been echoing the same sentiment and opinions by those more knowledgeable than us on the matter?

What is to be said on their opinions and their credentials? I’m not a lone voice, many came before me and will do after.

So you can attack my views and opinions But you’ll also be attacking those of Of the:

-former US Defence secretary for the bush and obama administration
- Peter Hitchen an established journalist on foreign affairs and former Moscow: Washington correspondent
- Ted Galen Carpenter, a senior fellow in defense and foreign policy studies at the Cato Institute, is the author of 12 books and more than 950 articles on international affairs.

If you concede the above, then that’s fine. We all know where we stand. I concur with their views.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Russian equivalent of DoD already admitted 10,000 dead and 16,000 wounded russians, a number that only included actual russian soldiers, and is a bit dated now.

Hopefully they are right, and let's say it right? Will that make us feel like we're doing well? Will it mean that Russia loses?

Just seems like ego boosting, we're finally fighting an army not just jihadist, and we're looking for small little feel goods

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

What are you going on about? LoL

In not impeding the fool nor stopping him bumping his gums.

As to different viewpoints or angles, that would be perspective, which i am happy to entertain, don't mean i agree.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And yes NATO isn't involved yet technically, but I don't want our aircraft carriers getting hyper sonic missiled

Pretty sure you can't stop a missle thats travling 8 x speed of sound and can still move around to avoid anti missile

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Hopefully they are right, and let's say it right? Will that make us feel like we're doing well? Will it mean that Russia loses?

Just seems like ego boosting, we're finally fighting an army not just jihadist, and we're looking for small little feel goods

Doesn't make me 'feel' anything, but does help one navigate through the absurd propaganda attempts by some folks here.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Yes we established that when you chimed up that you were not Russian.

Not a hard to make mistake given your antics and rhetoric in this thread.

And if you live in the UK, well its only March ISeekTruth101, never say never, at least not just yet . LoL

For all you know you could get some with your Easter Eggs.

Yeah I was 80% sure when I said no snow here, I did pause.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
“There is currently no policy directing NORAD to defend North America against hypersonic weapons,” VanHerck said in a written response to questions from CTV News.

The American Air Force general shared the same message with defence officials in Ottawa on Nov. 29, and with the U.S. House Committee on Armed Services on March 8.

“I cannot defend, nor am I tasked to defend, against a hypersonic glide vehicle attack,” his prepared statement for the committee read.

Think about these statements, we don't want to a war...Mayne we do "win" and I'll die trying to win for us too but come on now

Nobody is stopping these things

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Technically they can still be intercepted.

But a swarm attack using multiple different missiles would be another kettle of fish to contend with.

Anyhoo you sink a carrier and you destroy 100s of billions of dollars worth of both man, machine and munitions.

Any nation silly enough to play that game is apt to provoke a response of the tactical nuclear sorts.

new topics

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join