It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 300
<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And I know they are the second biggest exporter of military equipment in the world.

I'm thinking their clients might want a refund considering the recent performance of said equipment.

Well what exactly has failed to work? Would you like to enlighten us on the short coming of Russian made military equipment?

Please, I’m curious.

This is neither here nor there but lets start with their logistical support, namely trucks. The vehicles being used to transport equipment, food, supplies etc are using tires produced in China because they are cheaper. Couple the poor tire quality with Russia's lack of maintenance and you end up with support trucks where the wheels pop due to dry rot and inferior quality. The ammo transports are so heavy the tires cant take the weight, resulting in popped tires etc. So in their infinite wisdom the trucks which are still in service are getting expanded loads (their original load and what the shove in with that from the trucks that broke down.

Should we delve into Russian "smart weapons"?
How about there com issues?

Army's win battles... logistics win wars.

edit on 21-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And I know they are the second biggest exporter of military equipment in the world.

I'm thinking their clients might want a refund considering the recent performance of said equipment.

Well what exactly has failed to work? Would you like to enlighten us on the short coming of Russian made military equipment?

Please, I’m curious.

This is neither here nor there but lets start with their logistical support, namely trucks. The vehicles being used to transport equipment, food, supplies etc are using tires produced in China because they are cheaper. Couple the poor tire quality with Russia's lack of maintenance and you end up with support trucks where the wheels pop due to dry rot and inferior quality. The ammo transports are so heavy the tires cant take the weight, resulting in popped tires etc. So in their infinite wisdom the trucks which are still in service are getting expanded loads (their original load and what the shove in with that from the trucks that broke down.

Should we delve into Russian "smart weapons"?
How about there com issues?

Army's win battles... logistics win wars.

So? That’s a chinese problem and has no bearing on Russian equipment.

Take a high-performance, highly engineered sports vehicle like a Mclaren 720 and slap on cheap budget Tires and you got a problem on your hands. Does that mean the car is poorly made?

No. I know you’re typically biased towards anything associated with Russia, but this is a weak argument from yourself. I expect more.
edit on 21-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

No it would be A Russian problem since they bought the items and used them. I see you skipped over the lack of maintenance, which is, again, a Russian problem. We know this to be true unless you can explain why Russia would buy tires from China that are dry rotted all to hell?

Russia has lost so many logistics vehicles that they are now shipping in russian civilian vehicles, some from the days of the USSR, to replace the ones they lost.

Communications issues -
Russia was using the R-187P1 Azart and R-168-5UN-2 and R-168 Akveduk, all of which are russian produced - supposedly all digitital operating in the VHF / UHF bands. The russians are also blaming China as they manufactured some of the elements used in the radios. The range given, 18km, is no where close to accurate and Russian commanders are staying farther back from the front lines, which in turn creates a break in communications with the command staff.

To get around this Russians are using their cell phones (which are now blocked -russian sim cards- in Ukraine). They are also using civilian band CB's, which are not encrypted and anyone can hear whats going on. The ones who are able to use cell phones are finding that Ukraine forces are geo-locating their position and cross feeding that to artillery / Army - air force and drone units for extremely accurate strikes.

You get the idea. Russia claimed to have one of the best C2 networks in the world. Once again Russia was a victim of believing their own propaganda OR the powers that be just outright stole the money intended for the radios. The new radios were introduced in 2017. You mean to tell me they couldnt figure out they had issues with their radio / C2 network before they started a war 5 years later down the road? That is, again, a Russian failing and could have been detected had russia been doing routine maintenance.

As for the bias claim has it not occurred to you yet that you are being hypocritical being you do the very same thing you are accusing me of doing, except for Russia. Maybe you can refute the problems the russians are having while trying to explain the issues russia is facing is coming from their own soldiers.

edit on 21-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Take a high-performance, highly engineered sports vehicle like a Mclaren 720 and slap on cheap budget Tires and you got a problem on your hands. Does that mean the car is poorly made?

No it means the people responsible are poorly trained, which is again a failure of the russian military command system.

No. I know you’re typically biased towards anything associated with Russia, but this is a weak argument from yourself. I expect more.

Hypocritical much? lets try it this way -
"No. I know you’re typically biased towards anything associated with Ukraine / the West, but this is a weak argument from yourself. I expect more."

So instead of trying to deflect maybe offer counter arguments.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

No it means the people responsible are poorly trained, which is again a failure of the russian military command system.

Hypocritical much? lets try it this way -
"No. I know you’re typically biased towards anything associated with Ukraine / the West, but this is a weak argument from yourself. I expect more."

So instead of trying to deflect maybe offer counter arguments.

Deflect? The conversation was on Russian made equipment. Not Russian training or Russian decision making. Thought that was pretty clear.

Hence when you brought up Chinese tyers I found that confusing.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No it would be A Russian problem since they bought the items and used them. I see you skipped over the lack of maintenance, which is, again, a Russian problem. We know this to be true unless you can explain why Russia would buy tires from China that are dry rotted all to hell?

Russia has lost so many logistics vehicles that they are now shipping in russian civilian vehicles, some from the days of the USSR, to replace the ones they lost.

Communications issues -
Russia was using the R-187P1 Azart and R-168-5UN-2 and R-168 Akveduk, all of which are russian produced - supposedly all digitital operating in the VHF / UHF bands. The russians are also blaming China as they manufactured some of the elements used in the radios. The range given, 18km, is no where close to accurate and Russian commanders are staying farther back from the front lines, which in turn creates a break in communications with the command staff.

To get around this Russians are using their cell phones (which are now blocked -russian sim cards- in Ukraine). They are also using civilian band CB's, which are not encrypted and anyone can hear whats going on. The ones who are able to use cell phones are finding that Ukraine forces are geo-locating their position and cross feeding that to artillery / Army - air force and drone units for extremely accurate strikes.

You get the idea. Russia claimed to have one of the best C2 networks in the world. Once again Russia was a victim of believing their own propaganda OR the powers that be just outright stole the money intended for the radios. The new radios were introduced in 2017. You mean to tell me they couldnt figure out they had issues with their radio / C2 network before they started a war 5 years later down the road? That is, again, a Russian failing and could have been detected had russia been doing routine maintenance.

As for the bias claim has it not occurred to you yet that you are being hypocritical being you do the very same thing you are accusing me of doing, except for Russia. Maybe you can refute the problems the russians are having while trying to explain the issues russia is facing is coming from their own soldiers.

So their walkie talkies and communications equipment are not up-to scratch, so what? Not the only military that suffers equipment failures. It’s not their forte I agree, but their missile tech is second to none. And their main exports among tanks, aircraft and small arms.

Its because you always dismiss and play down all Russia tech that I call you biased. Just because USA wasted billions on their F22 program that has suffered multiple failures with little to show in the way return in value, doesn’t mean I discredit America as a whole or their tech. But this is what you do with Russia.

I concede on Russia logistics and communication not being up to scratch, but their missile tech gives them plenty of advantages on any battlefield.

Again, I am against war machines merely commenting on their efficacy.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   

a reply to: wordforword

and Russia claims the Ukrainians are Nazi's... Couple your link with the reports of Russia deporting Ukrainians from Russian controlled areas.

Gen. Patton was correct after all.

I've read about those, and lots of kids snatched. Don't want to make assumptions yet. Might be one of. Still waiting for more reports.

Though we're talking about the country that had Siberian working camps for opposing minds... we might see lots of history repeating in this war.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yep. Russian military communications are absurdly dysfunctional. I wonder how much of their pre-war chest beating was just empty nonsense.

Yapping on unsecured cell phones. NO WONDER the Ukrainians are locating their position and blowing them artillery fire kisses.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
21 March update.

March 21, 5:30pm ET

Russian forces did not make any major advances on March 21. Russian forces northwest and northeast of Kyiv continued to shell the city and strengthen defensive positions but did not conduct major offensive operations. Russian forces did not conduct any offensive operations toward the northeastern Ukrainian cities of Chernihiv, Sumy, or Kharkiv in the last 24 hours. Russian forces continued to reduce the Mariupol pocket and conducted several unsuccessful assaults in Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts but did not launch any offensive operations around Kherson.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Wow, communications are the backbone of a military. without it, you get units lost running around without a clue what to do or who to fight. After watching videos on engagements the lack of leadership is obvious I watched an entire squad pile out of APC because they took sniper fire. Instead of sending suppression fire they ran for ditches and exposed themselves to the sniper. they pointed their weapons at each other more than the enemy. however, you could tell the lack of leadership as instead of counterattacking they all exposed themselves following the first poor decision that was made.

All Russia has proved in this is they are incapable of modern combat and still fight very much as they did in world war 2.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Please, I’m curious.

There are several pics of tanks holed through their reactive armor for starters.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently the reactive armour on the likes of the Russian T-72 is pish with most modern RPG being able to cause serious damage to the tanks.

Also a lot of the vehicles don't even possess any sorts of laser designator warning system, meaning they cant even tell if they have been targeted until its way to late.
edit on 22-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

As America focuses on shipping missiles into the fight, strategic thinkers are eyeing America’s vulnerable and aging missile industrial base, mulling the challenges of readying old production facilities to meet the unexpected demands of wartime production. Few realize that advanced Javelin anti-tank and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles are backed by an aged and insecure production infrastructure, riddled with potential bottlenecks, vulnerabilities, and supply challenges.

A rticle

There are no surprises on offer from the article, but another wake-up call is going unheeded by western governments and the private sector. So if Ukraine is going to receive the level of support required to defeat the Russian, industrial expansion and modernisation are necessary among the U.S., allies and partners. But there are no signs of a Land Lease style program of assistance to Ukraine, so the chances of a Russian victory increase and economic opportunities are lost.

New Zealand will send more than 1000 body armour plates, almost 500 helmets and 570 camouflage vests and harness webbing.

The $5 million will go to a NATO trust fund to provide immediate non-lethal military assistance, such as much needed fuel military rations, communications and first aid kits.

Full story

Based on the amount of time taken for New Zealand to dispatch aid to Ukraine, I find it disturbing how the government might react if or when wartime circumstances reach our shores. Also, the New Zealand Defence Force's lack of war reserves is a long term issue relating to under funding and taxation.
edit on 22-3-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Apparently the reactive armour on the likes of the Russian T-72 is pish with most modern RPG being able to cause serious damage to the tanks.

Also a lot of the vehicles don't even posses any sorts of laser designator warning system, meaning they cant even tell if they have been targeted until its way to late.

So you're saying it's inferior equipment? Gotcha.

Now I'm waiting on the 1,000's of Armata's they wanted to build but really it'll only be like 20.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
In Russia, Ukraine thread update you

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Anyone catch the pulled Pravda article that said over 10,000 Russian troops were killed and 16,000+ wounded before they claimed they were hacked? That's close to 20% of the pre-invasion force which, if true, means combat effectiveness is now zero point zero.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Mariupol is in Russian control, 17 Russian check points just to get our of Mariupol

The land bridge is complete

Zero point zero chance Ukraine survives, unless the big players decide to let them

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I had a vision of a meeting in Jerusalem that gets bombed by someone...

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
Zero point zero chance Ukraine survives, unless the big players decide to let them

*cough cough* Russians in Afghanistan *cough cough*

They don't have the ability to hold Ukraine, especially if that pulled article is even remotely correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join