It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's a smart piece of kit the Armata tank but just like with there Su-57 fighters.

Russia is unable to produce them in any sorts of numbers because they simply don't have the production capability to do so.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Reminds me of those guys from Germany back in the 1940's

King Tiger anyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We crossed 15 Russian checkpoints. At each, the mother sitting in the front of our car would pray furiously, loud enough for us to hear.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Lol 15 checkpoints not quite 17

As we drove through them — the third, the 10th, the 15th, all manned with soldiers with heavy weapons — my hopes that Mariupol was going to survive were fading. I understood that just to reach the city, the Ukrainian army would have to break through so much ground. And it wasn't going to happen.

edit on 22-3-2022 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Reports that conscription age in Russia has increased to 65 and lowered to 17.

Getting more and more like the late Reich by the day.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well with Putin talking about purges back home in Russia and all the rest of the nonsense regrading peaceful protesters being detained and threatened with up to 15 years in a Russian gulag.

He's certainly beginning to resemble Mr Hitler, so there is that.

edit on 22-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Was reading an article a few days ago, which was discussing the age distribution in Russia...its an old population, with the average age being 40 years old. Allegedly, their pool of men eligible to fight is dwindling down. Stuff like this helps confirm such claims.

www.dailykos.com...
edit on 22-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Did you see the reports of Putin's rally in Moscow some time last week?
Strikingly Hitleresque.

No doubt the usual suspects will be along soon the label it 'fake news' and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

True, It also also resembles a Trump rally to a certain degree with all the outright lies and deception.

Heard they had to bus people in and certain employees were ""encouraged"" to attend.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
No doubt the usual suspects will be along soon the label it 'fake news' and propaganda.

It's an obvious deep fake, like all the civilians being killed by Russia. Situation normal, we're all good down here. How are you?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Well what exactly has failed to work? Would you like to enlighten us on the short coming of Russian made military equipment?

Please, I’m curious.

There are several pics of tanks holed through their reactive armor for starters.

Reminds of the videos on the IFV Strela running over a civilian that the media and posters tried to convince us was Russian.

I’m not saying Russia aren’t taking losses but this notion of their entire tank regiments being smashed to bits is ridiculous.

And the Ghost of Kyiv, downing 10. russian attack jets singlehandedly Top Gun ace pilot style... seriously are we all 12 years again? Suckered into these propaganda pieces. I’ve watched Enemy at the Gates with Jude law... it’s straight out or holywood.

We need real, unbiased, factual reporting which is not what we’re getting. 15,000 russian troops dead? Really? And only 1,500 on Ukraines side... right. That’s very convincing. So if Russian forces are being decimated so much why is Zelensky calling for help and foreign fighters and military aid? At this rate he can take Moscow all by himself.

The media is making it sound like Russia has no army left, literally. As if 15,000 is the entire russian army.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I’m not saying Russia aren’t taking losses but this notion of their entire tank regiments being smashed to bits is ridiculous.

Strawman, I never said that. Do you always argue with yourself?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

WeDemBoyz
Retracted

edit on 3222022 by MetalThunder because: sh#t Happens

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Like NATO did any better? Taliban took over the day they left. Men on horseback against USA and their 20 year occupation with trillions, not billions wasted.

Russia has no intention to hold Ukraine and they have never communicated that they intend to do that. They wish to disarm Ukraine and by destroying 4000 military installations, it appears they are following through on their objective to disarm them and prevent their conventional army from rebuilding.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Like NATO did any better? Taliban took over the day they left.

Nice whataboutism and another strawman.

My comment, which wasn't very complicated, was: Russian reactive armor with holes in it which = not working as intended.

Try addressing that.

edit on 22-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

The original is actually a clip from an Austrian TV report about climate change protesters in Vienna, which was filmed on 4 February, before the Russian invasion began.

In the Facebook video, the text on the bottom of the screen has been altered to show a news update about the war in Ukraine, although it is not clear which media organisation it is purporting to be from. The audio has also been replaced with what appears to be a genuine clip of an American broadcaster talking about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

fullfact.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Strawman, I never said that. Do you always argue with yourself?

“Strawman” has become the safety blanket of the day in deflecting.

“Here look at these photos of russian tanks holed” yeah source? Verification? How many? You clearly implied Russian tanks were getting hammered but you have no verifiable stats so be clear in what you intended to say.

It’s the same thing parroted by western media, attaches one photo of a destroyed Russian tank to peddle a story on how Russian tanks are being decimated and are useless.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You clearly implied Russian tanks were getting hammered...

No, I clearly implied Russian reactive armor was not working as intended. The fact that you like to overly embellish so you can then argue with yourself is on you.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

We need real, unbiased, factual reporting .....

Where on earth are we going to find that?
Certainly not from Russia given the clampdown on free speech in recent years under Putin's direct orders.

Of course there's a large amount of unbalanced reporting coming form 'western' news sources....but I'd suggest that overall its a damn sight more unbiased than that from other regions.
And there's much more chance of finding genuine, opinion free, factual reporting coming from 'the west' than anywhere else.

edit on 22/3/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Thing is Russia are also disarming and destroying there own conventional army and forces in the process.

Might not be so easy to replace man nor machine in the manner of days gone by.

Never mind the fact that the information age in which we now live somewhat gives the cannon fodder a mind of their own after a fashion.

Putin has bitten off far more than he can chew with his invasion of Ukraine and all he has served to achieve is to drive the likes of Sweden and Finland into the arms of NATO and end up with a protracted Northern Ireland type conflict on his own doorstep.

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join