It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Youtube is now mainstream. Holy hell.

LMFAO

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yea, keep LYAO, but when almost 25% of Americans get their news from a media source, that sounds mainstream to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

That is like saying if ATS gets popular it would be main stream.

Main stream when talking about getting info means the same as MSM.

MSM + BBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, AP, NBC, sky, and I include FOX in there as well. They tell you what they are ordered to say even if they know it is a lie and they will do it with a smile on their face.

A couple of people in a small studio or with some editing software and a camera posting their views and info on a platform is not mainstream no matter how you look at it.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Since you're delving way into off-topic territory, the last thing i will say about that is, that if 25% of all Americans began getting their news as a primary source from ATS (thats 81,475,000 people by the way, i also did not arrive at that calculation by way of MSM), then yes, ATS would all the sudden be thrown into the MSM category.
edit on 17-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Then we will just have to agree to disagree. Well, you don't have to agree but the result is the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Fact of the matter is that Ukraine are going to need to make some concessions and compromise if they wish to see peace as unpalatable as that may be.

They need to be free to choose their own future all the same and that future is not going to lie with Russia entrenched in there nation.

As to Sweden and Finland well i think its plainly clear which corner they are in now.

Putin has brought NATO to his own door step with his antics, no matter which way we care to look at it.
edit on 17-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Well, i know Russia amassed 650 billion prior to the invasion. And I know they are the second biggest exporter of military equipment in the world.

That's great for Russia. Does not hide the fact they are pleading for help from China.

The sanctions from the civilised world will cripple Russian economic development. I wonder how much kit they will sell now
potential buyers can see its performance when it meets people who fight back with basic Western kit.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think the sticking points will be what kind of military force they can retain and recognition of Crimea and the Donbas zones as separate from Ukraine.

What is really sad about it all IMO is they are waring over things that will not change the daily lives of citizens. Aside from allowing people to speak Russian and some kind of ban on Nazism nothing will change for the people who are actually fighting and dying.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
And I know they are the second biggest exporter of military equipment in the world.

I'm thinking their clients might want a refund considering the recent performance of said equipment.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Putin has brought NATO to his own door step with his antics, no matter which way we care to look at it.

Well, there's always the off chance that in 15 days, Putin will make a mad dash across the border, shake hands with Zelensky and proclaim "April Fools!!! Sorry about the collateral damage!!! You wants oilz?"

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

lets not pretend our kit is any better
yeh sure the stuff we sell to others is probably really good
but the stuff we give to our own guys can be some what lacking

ive plenty of mates from the US and Uk armies and some from various places around the world
I got involved with the game dev team behind the arma 3 macvsog prairie fire DLC
and ive spoken to alot of veterans from different theatres as a result of being involved in the arma community
and they all say that their equipment they get sucks , only the special forces dudes get the good gear

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I dont think Russia is that bothered about Oil , they just spent 32 billion on a new LNG plant at Yamal in Siberia in the arctic circle and are building another even bigger one near by already

i think they are producing 18 million barrels of LNG a year

and from speaking with all my friends who work in the petrochemical industry LNG looks like its next in line for our energy needs.

My mate works for Shell , on a specially built LNG ship / plant , and he said that shell and others are investing heavily in LNG production as its easier to produce and has less CO2 output and is easier to transport once the logistics are in place.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The average joe does not exactly ever see or enjoy the spoils of war Grimpachi.

Beau raises some interesting points where peace in Ukraine is concerned in this short video.

edit on 17-3-2022 by andy06shake because: To many facts of the matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Arnold decides to weigh in on the conflict and send a message to the Russian people and Russian soldiers, as well as the protesters in Russia. A little overacted at times, but the points are salient.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry, I am not interested in hearing what someone who was involved in human labor trafficking has to say.

You know that accent is all an act, right?

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You know, it doesn't really matter what "side" you fall on here. Who is to blame, what led to it all.

When you look at a family like:

Then hear their horrifying fate:

Kyiv — Nothing may demonstrate more clearly the savagery of Russia's war in Ukraine and the reckless disregard for human life than a missile strike tearing through a crowd of civilians trying to flee the onslaught. That's what happened in Irpin on March 6, as the Kyiv suburb came under heavy bombardment from Russian missiles and artillery.

Serhiy Perebyinis was hundreds of miles away, looking after his ailing mother in eastern Ukraine, while his family hunkered down, trapped in their home in Irpin.

"Irpin was already heavily shelled," he told CBS News senior foreign correspondent Charlie D'Agata. Their apartment building was hit. "There was no electricity, no gas, no water, the [cellular] signal had disappeared completely by the end of the day."

That night, his wife Tetiana managed to find a cell signal on the top floor of their building.

"That was when we talked for the last time," he told CBS News. Serhiy and his wife decided it was too dangerous for her and their children, Mykyta, 18, and Alisa, 9, to stay put any longer.

"I told my wife, 'I am sorry, I couldn't protect you.' But she said, 'don't worry, we will get through it, everything will be good,'" Serhiy told D'Agata.

He tracked Tetiana's phone as his family made a run for it. Soon, the tracking app showed that his wife was at a hospital.

"That is when I started suspecting that something is wrong," Serhiy told D'Agata. "I called my friend and asked him to go to the [hospital] reception to ask if any wounded were admitted and what is happening."

Twenty minutes later, he started seeing reports on Twitter about a Russian strike hitting a key bridge as a convoy of vehicles tried to evacuate Irpin. A family was said to be among the victims of the strike.

Then a photo came up on Serhiy's phone — an image that resonated around the world, showing the bodies of children — of a family struck down.

"I recognized my children even though their faces where hidden," Serhiy said. "I was able to recognize them by their clothing, their backpacks, and the suitcase."

Tetiana, the woman he'd been with since high school, was also killed.

Mykyta was set to become a software engineer, like his father.

"He was a smart and educated man," Serhiy said of his son. "He was helping all of us a lot."

His daughter Alisa "liked dancing," the father said. She was "very beautiful."

You start to wonder, could this be us? Wherever you are in the world, could it be us?

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
R euters

LONDON, March 17 (Reuters) - Russia warned the United States on Thursday that Moscow had the might to put the world's pre-eminent superpower in its place and accused the West of stoking a wild Russophobic plot to tear Russia apart.
Dmitry Medvedev, who served as president from 2008 to 2012 and is now deputy secretary of Russia's Security Council, said the United States had stoked "disgusting" Russophobia in an attempt to force Russia to its knees.
"It will not work - Russia has the might to put all of our brash enemies in their place," Medvedev said.

President Vladimir Putin says that what he calls the special military operation in Ukraine was necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia and Russia had to defend against the "genocide" of Russian-speaking people by Ukraine.
Ukraine says it is fighting for its existence and that Putin's claims of genocide are nonsense. The West says claims it wants to rip Russia apart are fiction.
Russia says that despite sanctions it can fare well without what it casts as a deceitful and decadent West led by the United States. It says its bid to forge ties with the West after the 1991 fall of the Soviet Union is now over and that it will develop ties with other powers such as China.

Russia turned to China for help? But does China want to help Russia?
The Guardian

China’s ambassador to Ukraine has praised Ukraine’s unity and resistance in remarks which appear to contradict the country’s earlier stance.
Fan Xianrong said China “will never attack Ukraine” but will support it economically and politically during a meeting with Lviv’s regional military administration, Ukrainian media outlet Ukrinform reported, citing the administration’s press service.

There are rumors Sergey Lavrov was due to land in Beijing on Thursday, but halfway through the flight his plane returned to Moscow.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One thing I dont understand.... is how both sides can differentiate between weaponry and soldier feet on the ground.

The ability for both sides to receive and arm with the help of outside parties, without it being considered an act of war.

So fx, a Bayraktar drone controlled by the Ukraine army was just shot down. It was delivered by Turkey which is a nato country.... but its not an act of war?
Also consider all the other hardware sent from Europe.

Its like no side is ready to own any of the words they are saying. Its just words.

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

they wont own the words they say but they will own the money they make from all this drama and conflict

they never let a good crisis go to waste remember

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont think Russia is that bothered about Oil , they just spent 32 billion on a new LNG plant at Yamal in Siberia in the arctic circle and are building another even bigger one near by already

i think they are producing 18 million barrels of LNG a year

and from speaking with all my friends who work in the petrochemical industry LNG looks like its next in line for our energy needs.

My mate works for Shell , on a specially built LNG ship / plant , and he said that shell and others are investing heavily in LNG production as its easier to produce and has less CO2 output and is easier to transport once the logistics are in place.

Shell pulled out of all russian project funding as a result of russia invading Ukraine.

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join