It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Like NATO did any better? Taliban took over the day they left.

Nice whataboutism and another strawman.

My comment, which wasn't very complicated, was: Russian reactive armor with holes in it which = not working as intended.

Try addressing that.

What model was the tank?’old or new? What caused the hole?

Was it an Russian tank?’was it a ukranian weapon the caused the hole? Reactive armour has a purpose are you implying russia reactive armour is fake or not working as expected?

What are you implying here by sharing a vague report with little details?

I mean one russian tank with a hole in it ok... so all russian tanks are useless? Whats your point ??

link   

Like NATO did any better? Taliban took over the day they left.

Nice whataboutism and another strawman.

My comment, which wasn't very complicated, was: Russian reactive armor with holes in it which = not working as intended.

Try addressing that.

Was it an Russian tank?’was it a ukranian weapon the caused the hole? Reactive armour has a purpose are you implying russia reactive armour is fake or not working as expected?

What are you implying here by sharing a vague report with little details?

I mean one russian tank with a hole in it ok... so all russian tanks are useless? Whats your point ??

link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The only thing the nard-polishers have to ask themselves is, "Did Russia take Kyiv yet and why?".

Is it all a deepfake that they are bogged down or are they actually bogged down because of s*** tactics, morale, logistics and materiale.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It WW1 Soviet era tank got holed with panzerschrek because Russia no make poor equipment, much superior to western capitalist pig dog equipment and never blows up.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

We need real, unbiased, factual reporting .....

Where on earth are we going to find that?
Certainly not from Russia given the clampdown on free speech in recent years under Putin's direct orders.

Of course there's a large amount of unbalanced reporting coming form 'western' news sources....but I'd suggest that overall its a damn sight more unbiased that that from other regions.
And there's much more chance of finding genuine, opinion free, factual reporting coming from 'the west' than anywhere else.

I disagree. I’ve found russia today and Putins direct matters on the situation to be far more unbiased than anything peddled by western media who show extreme double standards.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Freeborn

True, It also also resembles a Trump rally to a certain degree with all the outright lies and deception.

Heard they had to bus people in and certain employees were ""encouraged"" to attend.

Some were told they had to go because it's held during their working hours. Does that mean they got paid to be there?

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Russia has no intention to hold Ukraine....

Wow....do you genuinely believe that?
I think you should maybe read up a bit on Russian history....hell, even read some of Putin's more recent statements.

They wish to disarm Ukraine and by destroying 4000 military installations,.....

Along with whole towns/cities etc and people's lives and homes.
Oh.....and killing people.

.... it appears they are following through on their objective to disarm them and prevent their conventional army from rebuilding.

Like that's ever worked before in the past.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

a reply to: andy06shake

The only thing the nard-polishers have to ask themselves is, "Did Russia take Kyiv yet and why?".

Is it all a deepfake that they are bogged down or are they actually bogged down because of s*** tactics, morale, logistics and materiale.

Like I said, if the Russian army was as useless as you imply by your sentiments shared in this thread, 10 million ukranians would not have been displaced. These are the outcomes of this tragedy, the end result. And furthermore if Russian forces were so incompetent as you imply with your sentiments then Zelensky would not be:

A. Asking for foreign fighters to enlist
B. Call for a no fly zone
C. Call for military aid
D. Call for a ceasefire

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Like I said, if the Russian army was as useless as you imply by your sentiments shared in this thread, 10 million ukranians would not have been displaced.

I am not implying they are useless, I am flat out saying they are useless. Look at them, dug in and taking defensive positions because they cannot capture Kyiv.

Oh, wait, that's a deepfake and they actually took the capital weeks ago.

link   

The Russian reactive armour on there mainline battle tanks comes in two types.

Meaning the older models are not going to be equipped with the likes of Kontakt-5 which is a second-generation type of reactive armour.

Far as we can see the Russians are not fielding many first rate tanks and seem to be sending in the older models aka the notorious T-72.

And the point is they seem to be rather easy to destroy with the likes of Javelin and TOW missiles.
edit on 22-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

the safety blanket of the day in deflecting.

It’s the same thing parroted by western media

The above, is the safety blanket and deflection you refer to.

"Western media"
"MSM"

Getting things right 50% of the time still fares better than 0% of Russian media - state controlled.

To provide "proof" that you claim is necessary, on what is tantamount to an insignificant little space on the web, just to prove a point, but thereby signaling what and how we know things? Only someone with zero military stratagem efficacy would suggest that. In that vein, we all have to rely on the 50% margin for error of Western media....you included.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
And the point is they seem to be rather easy to destroy with the likes of Javelin and TOW missiles.

And basic RPG's...if you believe the deepfakes.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Poor sods probably require every Russian rouble they can rub together right now given the current financial climate in there nation if we are honest.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Russia has no intention to hold Ukraine....

Wow....do you genuinely believe that?
I think you should maybe read up a bit on Russian history....hell, even read some of Putin's more recent statements.

They wish to disarm Ukraine and by destroying 4000 military installations,.....

Along with whole towns/cities etc and people's lives and homes.
Oh.....and killing people.

.... it appears they are following through on their objective to disarm them and prevent their conventional army from rebuilding.

Like that's ever worked before in the past.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

I’ve read on my history, have you? Or is it spoonfed to you by Cnn and FOXNEWS? I suspect your context on history and geopolitics began the hour CNN starting reporting on the ukraine conflict.

Would you like to share some comments made by Putin on his desire to “claim and occupy” ukraine? Because here is a statement saying otherwise:

“Russian state television unexpectedly broadcast an address by Russian President Vladimir Putin....

.....he told his fellow Russians, claiming Moscow had no plans to occupy Ukraine. "We do not plan to impose ourselves on anyone," he insisted.”

Source CNN: www.google.com...

You can’t pick and choose which CNN articles you decide to believe to suit your narrative.

Ukranian casualties are currently pegged at 816 but the way you describe the situation someone woukd think millions have died, this isnt like Iraq where USA and NATO were responsible for the deaths and displacement of over. Million iraqis. This figure is less than 1 per cent and while no loss of life is acceptable you are naive to believe collateral damage doesnt exist in any conflict.

More civilians have died in far small conflicts. Its not like Russia dropped an atomic bomb on a Ukranian civilian cory actively sseeking to inflict maximum civilian deaths like USA did with Japan, they are responding to the conflict that has been ONGOING since the early 2000s with a measured military response to disarm Ukraine

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I disagree.

I expect no other from you.

I’ve found russia today and Putins direct matters on the situation to be far more unbiased than anything peddled by western media who show extreme double standards

Wow.....Russia Today?
Putin 'unbiased'?
I honestly don't know what to say....

There's a certain amount of 'double standards' being shown by both sides - anyone who denies that really shouldn't be on ATS - but.....

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

How many Ukrainians do you think have been displaced by this invasion?
How many have died so far?

What has Iraq got to do with this?

If you've studied Russian history, which you say you have, you would know that Russia has a long and bloody history of invading other nations/lands, of occupying them and brutally repressing the people of these lands.
That is historical FACT.

As for CNN and Fox News, never watched them.....ever.

edit on 22/3/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow,

Talk about feeding the troll. Don't reply to the straw man and he will go away!

Otherwise this is a great thread!

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I disagree.

I expect no other from you.

I’ve found russia today and Putins direct matters on the situation to be far more unbiased than anything peddled by western media who show extreme double standards

Wow.....Russia Today?
Putin 'unbiased'?
I honestly don't know what to say....

There's a certain amount of 'double standards' being shown by both sides - anyone who denies that really shouldn't be on ATS - but.....

Well if you start citing examples of any “biased” news reporting or comments made by Putin we can take it from there. However I strongly suspect that you are so heavily influenced by CNN/Fox News narrative that you dismiss the idea of hearing out Putin based on preconceptions that he is a madman and evil with nothing rationale to say. At least I go through the effort to hear both side. Straight from the source might I add. Maybe watch a few Putin interview to understand his side of the story on how this conflict began.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

How many Ukrainians do you think have been displaced by this invasion?
How many have died so far?

What has Iraq got to do wit this?

If you've studied Russian history, which you say you have, you would know that Russia has a long and bloody history of invading other nations/lands, of occupying them and brutally repressing the people of these lands.
That is historical FACT.

As for CNN and Fox News, never watched them.....ever.

Yeah? Any more than the USA? How many invasions has Russia mounted since the USSR Disbanded in 1991

Enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Would you like to share some comments made by Putin on his desire to “claim and occupy” ukraine? Because here is a statement saying otherwise:

In a televised address to the nation, Putin explicitly denied that Ukraine had ever had “real statehood,” and said the country was an integral part of Russia’s “own history, culture, spiritual space.”

Putin’s speech, which went on for nearly an hour, was a new twist in the long-running battle to define Ukraine’s place in the world. In it, Putin set out his belief more forcefully than ever before that Ukraine is intrinsically Russian, that its three decades as a nation-state have been incoherent, and that the country owes its existence to a series of mistakes by bumbling Soviet leaders.

Let me guess though, Western Media spin, MSM, blah, blah, blah deflection

“Russian state television unexpectedly broadcast an address by Russian President Vladimir Putin....

.....he told his fellow Russians, claiming Moscow had no plans to occupy Ukraine. "We do not plan to impose ourselves on anyone," he insisted.”

Imagine a situation where Putin doesn't lie and/or move the goalposts when he realizes he is done for. Putin's reign is over. The world has spoken, and he's a criminal. So fight the world if you like, the world will win.

edit on 22-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join