It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I expect to see a series of battles centering on the establishment and holding of corridors to Kiev open. Ukrainian general staff is probably assessing which parts of the encirclement are weak and looking to punch holes in them.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Why would anybody read even one after that excerpt?

I'm already aware of what folks like that were pushing back then, and still today.

Still no use for their nonsense.

“Folks like that”

Oh I see, so everybody opinion is the same yeah. All human beings are unable provide unique insights? Back when exactly? Be specific? Because a lot of new events happen on a yearly basis.

So folks pushing what exactly? Back when? I bet you didnt even read ANYTHING.

Your recent attitude is not helpful to any discourse.

4 out of 5 dentists say your wrong. An appeal to authority is a poor debating tactic. So he wrote 12 books My wife wrote 3 what we need to know is his resume what makes him an expert in geo political politics? UN secretary? Ambassador?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I expect to see a series of battles centering on the establishment and holding of corridors to Kiev open. Ukrainian general staff is probably assessing which parts of the encirclement are weak and looking to punch holes in them.

Cheers

I think they started doing exactly that again today.

russia doesn't appear to have adapted to conditions in the theater, helicopters are mostly off the board, fighters are mostly limited to stand off cruise missiles, and vehicles get hit whenever they move.

russian forces are still far superior if they had proper leadership, with some assumptions on training and equipment of course, so frankly I'm surprised they haven't cut off Kiev yet.

They will eventually.

edit on 12-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Site with photographic documentation of lost equipment of both sides:

www.oryxspioenkop.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   
* - Zap️Russia begins mobilizing troops in Donbas and Crimea. According to the head of Ukraine's military intelligence Kyrylo Budanov, Russia is also transferring new units from the central and eastern parts of Russia to replenish reserves

* - Large fires in Vasylkiv, Kyiv Oblast after massive Russian bombardment

* - Widespread damage in Hoholiv village in Kyiv region after Russian army attack

* - In Kyiv, the roof of an administrative building caught fire as a result of Russian army shelling

* - Fire in Dnipro city

* - Parts of Russian missile shot down over Dnipro city

* - Russian explosive drone shot down over Podil in Kyiv

* - Russian army is constantly shelling Severodonetsk with MLRS GRAD

* - Russian Ka-52 helicopter crashed in Rostov region. Crew killed

* - Residents of Melitopol went to a rally in front of the occupied district administration and demand to release the mayor Ivan Fedorov

* - Medic wounded after shelling targeted near ambulance on the call at Sharikova street in Kharkiv

* - Russian missile strike targeted airfield near Kropyvnytsky this morning

* - Russian forces firing heavily from Trostyanets (Тростянець) in Sumy Oblast yesterday. Location of launch area: 50.481108, 34.965646

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

edit on 12-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

This is an interesting update -

Putin reportedly fired several generals and arrested FSB intelligence officers in an internal purge.

For what? The way the invasion is going? For spending military update money on everything else but? For the conscript fiasco (Putin publicly stated he is investigating? Why the FSB but not GRU?

It almost seems like Putin is purging threats to his remaining in power and nothing more.

Also it seems Russia has fallen into the same trap Nazi Germany did. Not enough trucks to handle needed logistics demands. They have started commandeering trucks from people in Russia to send to Ukraine. I have seen several videos now of Russian supply vehicles with flat / shredded tires. Not from combat but from dry rot of the wheels themselves from not being maintained properly.

Also Russia has now lost 3 officers at the Major-General rank. For western armies that is a 2 star and in the Russian army it is a 1 star.

edit on 12-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Guess that answers the question about russian equipment losses.

Probably also means the 16k+ killed number is about right.

In other news, russia just called in 16k syrians to shore up russia's reserves.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ukraine's Zelenskiy defiant as Russian forces, despite setbacks, regroup near Kyiv

Per Reuters,

Does this ring a true bell in here ?

Read beyond that headline (not that far)

We all know every International media shifts biased headlines lol

Basically, this means “we’re still in this fight until Zelensky cries to the lobbyists for more back up fails. Hello?”

“Hello”?

edit on 12-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Guess that answers the question about russian equipment losses.

Probably also means the 16k+ killed number is about right.

In other news, russia just called in 16k syrians to shore up russia's reserves.

Let’s quote this trail of optimism here for a moment.

Most likely ( Reality ) in the incoming weeks Kyiv gets encircled.

There is ZERO indication, of anything, that Russia will back out.

Ever.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Saw a article about the firings/house arrest. Allegedly, Putin is upset because he wasn't told about the level of resistance the Ukrainians would put up. His "special military operation" was supposed to be a quick in and out; now he's stuck in a corner.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well, that didn't take long...

The first mercenary of the Syrian regime's army dies in #Donbass #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/PCkmrTNYWA— mohamed aldamashqi(محمد الدمشقي) (@mohamedsyrian10) March 12, 2022

Wheels down, man down.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Dang PG4, a post that’s balanced and something I agree with! I knew you had it in you.

Unfortunately though, Russia is a wheel that slowly turns, it will do it will high casualties. Not good. I agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Nothing to do with my opinions, the guy isn't any kind of authority on the issue, no matter how many books he wrote about fictional assumptions and far out theories.

Might as well be asking me to watch an alex jones video, same exact thing from opposite ends of the spectrum.

But you are more or an authority on the issue yeah? Because you sure act like it.

The smart, intelligent thing to do is refute or argue a statement made by the author rather than not reading the statements and labelling them nonsense like a Karen.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Why would anybody read even one after that excerpt?

I'm already aware of what folks like that were pushing back then, and still today.

Still no use for their nonsense.

“Folks like that”

Oh I see, so everybody opinion is the same yeah. All human beings are unable provide unique insights? Back when exactly? Be specific? Because a lot of new events happen on a yearly basis.

So folks pushing what exactly? Back when? I bet you didnt even read ANYTHING.

Your recent attitude is not helpful to any discourse.

4 out of 5 dentists say your wrong. An appeal to authority is a poor debating tactic. So he wrote 12 books My wife wrote 3 what we need to know is his resume what makes him an expert in geo political politics? UN secretary? Ambassador?

Without getting into this needless exchange, the easiest thing to do would be judging the statements made by the author. Seeing as one poster is too lazy and labels it all nonsense without reading, ill go through them and share the verdicts here.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

There is some irony (for lack of a better word) there considering the Crimea used to be a Turkic peoples playground and Muslim forces operated militarily in the territory today known as Ukraine way back when.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Link didn’t work.

These mercenaries are scum of the earth, one notch above a cat hole. they will fight both sides as long as they get a fancy paycheck. They are the first you shoot in the back when your side starts gaining.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Here is the link.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Try this, it is currently the 2nd tweet from the top.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This fight showed the 3 major weaknesses of the Russian army. They lack coordination this is why their air campaign is so ineffective. they literally had to mark their vehicles to avoid friendly fire. Troops o the ground have no effective way to call in air support or for that matter even have secure communications, Anyone with a radio can hear the Russians. The second big flaw this revealed is their lack of logistics. They rely on a vast network of rail inside Russia very efficient to move supplies and troops. Outside of that area however more than 30 kilometers from a train depot they cannot handle even the basic needs of their troops you know food water and ammo. This is where they are most vulnerable all Ukraine has to do is let tanks and infantry pass by and wait for the convoys. No food, No gas, No ammo, and the Russians abandon their vehicles. And the 3rd thing we learned is the severe lack of leadership Russia keeps losing major generals because they have to be on the front lines to command troops. You remove them and the entire attack fails we have seen it 3 times now.
edit on 3/12/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Watch this clip funny

sports.yahoo.com...

Might enjoy this elderly ukrainian couple kicking russian military out of their house

edit on 3/12/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join