It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Wym? What else can fly?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: majesticgent

Wym? What else can fly?

Russian troops launched their anticipated attack on Ukraine on Thursday, as President Vladimir Putin cast aside international condemnation and sanctions and warned other countries that any attempt to interfere would lead to “consequences you have never seen.”

time.com...

One can read between the lines on the “consequences you have never seen.” line.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Taiwan’s air force has scrambled to warn off nine Chinese military aircraft that entered its air defence zone (ADIZ) just hours after Russia invaded Ukraine, withTaipei fearful that the crisis could embolden Beijing to increase pressure on or even attack the island.

China, which claims self-governing Taiwan as its own territory, has ramped up a military intimidation campaign against the island in recent years, and regularly flies jets into its ADIZ.

The defence ministry said the latest mission involved eight Chinese J-16 fighters and one Y-8 reconnaissance aircraft, and that in response, Taiwanese fighters were sent up to warn the Chinese aircraft and air defence missiles were deployed to "monitor the activities".

China’s incursions usually coincide with high-level foreign visits or important occasions in Taiwan, and Thursday’s incident followed Russia’s all-out invasion of Ukraine by land, air and sea.

Taipei is concerned that Beijing may take advantage of a distracted West to ramp up pressure on the island amid the crisis in Ukraine, Taiwanese officials have said.

Taiwan warns off Chinese fighter jets amid rising security fears after Ukraine invasion

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
SURRENDER

Moscow is willing to negotiate terms of surrender with kyiv, Kremlin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov. In exchange Ukraine would: a guarantee of neutral status and the promise of no weapons on its territory. Per RT.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I think he might take that deal. It's about saving lives now. Ukraine doesn't have the military to fight long.

Biden should go pour the max sanctions on Russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Thursday announced an imminent ban on the ability of the Aeroflot airline to operate in the UK as he outlined a new tranche of sanctions against Russia following President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

The “largest and most severe package” of economic sanctions against Russia tabled in the House of Commons includes a full asset-freeze of Russian state-owned bank VTB and powers to allow the UK to exclude Russian banks from Britain's financial system.

The UK government is set to place a limit on the amount that Russian nationals can deposit in their UK bank accounts and Russian state and private companies will be banned from raising money in the UK.

“These trade sanctions will constrain Russia's military, industrial and technological capabilities for years to come,” said Johnson.

UK to ban Aeroflot airline in ‘largest package' of Russian sanctions

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Multiple reports that the Russian army has gained control of Chernobyl. I will just post one of them

Russian troops have seized the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, the State Agency of Ukraine on Exclusion Zone Management spokesperson, Yevgeniya Kuznetsovа, tells CNN.

“When I came to the office today in the morning [in Kyiv], it turned out, that the [Chernobyl nuclear power plant] management had left. So there was no one to give instructions or defend," she said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

I think he might take that deal. It's about saving lives now. Ukraine doesn't have the military to fight long.

Max Sanctions on Germany after WW1 was the root cause of WW2. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So we should just let Putin walk in and do what he wants regardless of the resulting death and destruction?

I'm not being arsey, just curious what you think the response should be.....because I sure as hell haven't got the answers.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Random unverified reports that the Russian Air Force has obtained air superiority over Ukrainian airspace. That remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think that was Japan. Before WWII in Europe Hitler had gotten rid of all those sanctions from the WWI Treaty of Versaille or just illegally ignored them. On the other hand sanctions on Japan were certainly a big thing in WWII.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
SURRENDER

Moscow is willing to negotiate terms of surrender with kyiv, Kremlin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov. In exchange Ukraine would: a guarantee of neutral status and the promise of no weapons on its territory. Per RT.

Ukraine already signed several treaties like that and still Russia attacked them. Why should they believe Russia now?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think that was Japan. Before WWII in Europe Hitler had gotten rid of all those sanctions from the WWI Treaty of Versaille or just illegally ignored them. On the other hand sanctions on Japan were certainly a big thing in WWII.

Hitler just illegally ignored them and the western powers just decided to appease Hitler, kind of like some peop0le in this thread who thinks russia should be appeased.
edit on 24-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why would anyone ever again believe a word that comes out of Putin's mouth?

Apart from his bootlickers and apologists, of course.

Of which of late there seem to be many.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It is like Sweden and Finland... Both are independent sovereign nations who are moving towards joining NATO because of Putin. What does Putin do?

He threatens both countries in an effort to prevent them from joining NATO.

Putin is stuck in the 1980's and still thinks her is running the USSR. He gets pissed because countries want to join NATO. Maybe Putin should resign before his actions and threats force more countries into the NATO alliance.

Russia Warns Neighbours Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO By EurAsian Times Desk July 25, 2018

notice the date.. I am waiting for Putin to come up with more lies to justify an invasion of Finland. They already did it during WW2.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Much worse than sanctions.

MOST western countries are currently preparing for a rapid return of russia to it's cold war pariah status.

COMPLETE removal of everything russia and friends from every market and organization on the planet.

Bread lines 2.0.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hitler rose to power on the back of those sanctions.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why would anyone ever again believe a word that comes out of Putin's mouth?

Apart from his bootlickers and apologists, of course.

Of which of late there seem to be many.

Hmmm...

It seems you finally understand something (not related to russia)

I bet most of our 81 million idiots are rapidly coming to the same realization.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Steady, now!

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Hitler rose to power on the back of those sanctions.

Hitler 'coming to power' did NOT cause ww2.

Nor did the strong punishment for what germans did in ww1.

Appeasing an international tyrant did.

And in case you haven't noticed, hitler 2.0 is ALREADY in power.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join