It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

confirmed as real.

Flightradar24 is currently down.
edit on 24-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Re: not current. I wonder about the "live" cam feeds as well. The ones I saw in Ukraine had no timestamp. For all the viewer knows, it could be footage from five years ago. The Belgorod-Kharkov highway looked completely normal, which seems off.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
* - President of Ukraine just asked their Verkhovna Rada (legislature/Congress/Parliament) to declare a full mobilization of their military.

* - Strategic Missiles (Iskander) deployed to Belarus have targeted areas inside Ukraine and attacked (The strategic missiles in question are Conventional and NOT armed with Nukes).

* - Ukrainian resistance is present.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I am seeing reports that some of the live cams in Ukraine are now down / offline.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Everything NATO say was and is a lie. Just like successful the regime change in Libya was.

edit on 24-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The toad running Belarus had already thrown himself irretrievably into Putin's camp. I'm not surprised he's supporting Putin's invasion of Ukraine. After his provocations at the EU border, he no longer had any freedom of action.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Judging by the reports I'm seeing, I don't think the Ukrainian army will last a week.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Everything NATO say was and is a lie. Just like successful the regime change in Libya was.

Spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and NATO has completely ignored the legitimate concerns of Moscow for 30 years all the time arming the neighbourhood and creeping up on Russia's borders. In many ways NATO forced Russia's hand here maybe that's the real conspiracy

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Of course NATO and 'The West' has contributed to where we are now, to allege anything other would be shear and wilful ignorance.
Russia may have genuine and valid concerns regarding the creeping influence etc of NATO into former Warsaw Pact countries etc and surrounding LPR and DPR regions.
But does it justify invading an independent neighbouring country and killing innocent civilians?

To absolve Russia, or maybe more accurately Putin, would be at least as ignorant and wrong.

The man has a burning desire to right what he perceives as wrongs done to Russia and restore its 'former glory'.
I honestly don't think he gives a toss about the wider implications of his actions and how this MIGHT ramp up and spiral out of control.

As for comparing this to Kosovo/Iraq etc; not sure about that but even if the comparisons are valid....two wrongs and all that.
You've been out of order so I'm going to be put of order never has cut it with me....more so when we are talking about world leaders and people's lives etc.
Its a lame excuse and incredibly poor justification.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I would not engage them. They wont listen and will derail the thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Belarus is prepared to get involved.

Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko says Belarusian troops are not currently taking part in the Russian invasion - but could do if needed

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They already did.. He ordered his military to join / integrate with Russian forces and they assisted in the invasion. There is video of Belarus forces in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Putin's been penned in using cowboys and Indians Reservation tactics................ Of course he's going to bite back. He been pushed into a corner. You'd fight back too if treated so badly by others for thirty years. No choice FB as it's Yanks and Brits on his border in a few years under a NATO banner if he doesn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Belarus is prepared to get involved.

Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko says Belarusian troops are not currently taking part in the Russian invasion - but could do if needed

www.bbc.com...

After the attempted and failed western backed coup in Belarus also Kazach in the past year is it any surprise he seeks sanctuary with Putin?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The US and Russia share a border and have for over 150 years. Our borders, at its closest, are only 2 miles apart so you can stop with the Russian propaganda.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You can't keep using your bully boy tactics to surround Russia and eliminate its influence in its near abroad all the time ignoring its security demands and expect no reaction. You are not dealing with a few thousand red Indians here with feathers and tommyhawks you dealing with a real power

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I don't know if you've read any of my earlier posts in this and other threads but I sort of agree with a lot of that.

There have been many failed opportunities to improve relations between US/UK/EU/NATO and Russia and some massive policy mistakes - the encroachment into former USSR regions and Warsaw Pact countries being right up there amongst them.

But it still doesn't excuse Putin's invasion and his lust for glory and 'greatness'.

What do you think are Putin's primary drivers here?
As far as I can tell its all about pride and his personal legacy.

'We' shouldn't have pushed and prodded and provoked Russia, I entirely agree.....but he categorically should not be invading an independent nation and killing civilian people.
End of.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Maybe the USSR / Russia should have thought about what would happen by them occupying sovereign countries. Had the USSR / Russia not dont that then maybe the sovereign countries would not have run to NATO for protection.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

As far as I can make out Belarus is nothing more than a vassal state of Russia....but to be honest I'm not really that clued up on that.

But it shows how things can escalate; do countries now bordering Belarus feel threatened by their stance and choose to support Ukraine?

I'm not saying it will escalate....but history shows us that it could.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You might find this interesting

www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join