It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I think that was Japan. Before WWII in Europe Hitler had gotten rid of all those sanctions from the WWI Treaty of Versaille or just illegally ignored them. On the other hand sanctions on Japan were certainly a big thing in WWII.

ALMOST correct.

japan started the Asian theater of ww2 LONG before those sanctions were imposed.

Or even threatened.

The sanctions were imposed BECAUSE japan had ALREADY been invading it's neighbors and murdering 10s of millions.

We DID make many mistakes in Asia both before and during the early years of japan's war.

The embargo just wasn't one of them.

edit on 24-2-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
* - Ukrainian army reportedly retook Hostomel airport

* - The Hostomel Airfield just North of Kyiv which was captured by Russian VDV earlier is currently under Heavy Counter-attack by the 4th Rapid Response Brigade of the National Guard of Ukraine who have been ordered to retake the Airfield

* - Russia detains nearly 1,400 at Ukraine anti-war protests: monitor (twitter video link from Moscow - twitter.com...)

* - US sanctions Belarusian banks, defense industry, security officials over support for Russian invasion of Ukraine

* - 57 Ukrainians killed, another 169 were injured in the Russian invasion of Ukraine - according to the Ministry of Health

* - UK to ban Aeroflot aircraft from landing in UK- Reuters

* - UK to impose asset freeze against all major Russian banks, immediate asset freeze against VTB- Reuters

* - Jens Stoltenberg: Spoke with President Sauli @niinisto on Russia's attack on Ukraine. At our NATO Summit tomorrow our close partners Finland, Sweden & the EU will join us to address the greatest crisis for European security in a generation

* - Ukrainian army captured whole platoon of 74th motorized brigade in Chernihiv region

* - 75 fixed wing heavy and medium bombers took part in initial attack. Targets focused on military air defenses, barracks, ammo warehouses, 10 airfields

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the update

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
* - Russian KA-52 shot down - www.youtube.com...

* - Dmytro Kuleba:Call with @MevlutCavusoglu. Turkey supports Ukraine. Discussed practical steps to ensure security in the Black Sea region against the backdrop of Russia's brutal attack on Ukraine. Ukraine expects resolute actions. Our joint security is at stake now

* - Turkey was requested to shut down the straights to Russian military (blocking entrance / exit to the Black Sea).

* - Ukraine FM Kuleba:Was welcomed by @AndrzejDuda in Warsaw on my way back to Ukraine from the U.S. Polish leader expressed Poland's admiration for the Ukrainian Armed Forces which successfully fight back Russian aggression. Warsaw's practical help: additional weapons, money, humanitarian assistance

* - The Kremlin: Putin and Macron discussed the war in Ukraine by phone (seems that Macron is the only one still talking to Putin)

* - Bridge blown up in Senkove village of Kharkiv region (video on telegram - t.me...)

* - Ukrainian border guards: no connection with our servicemen on Zmeiniy, likely island captured (tiny island at the corner of Ukraines border with Hungary)

* - European Council conclusions on Russia's unprovoked and unjustified military aggression against Ukraine (twitter.com...)

* - Joint Staff(21:52): clashes near Kherson, Russian troops attempting to advance towards Mykolaiv. Clashes near Chernyhiv. Peremoha-Gluhiv in Kharkiv region. Dovzhanka-Dvorichna-Artemivka-Kotuzivla-Kharkiv-Derhavi-Dovzhyk-Muraha-Ohtyrka-Sumy line of defense
edit on 24-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We are watching russia and friends commit national suicide in slow motion.

Truly bizarre.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Time for the Russian people to unite and get rid of the kleptocratic dictator that has stolen their money and stamped on their freedoms and democracy with utter contempt for them.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This tweet is getting a lot of reposts-I don't know how true it is,but:

Germany, Italy, Hungary and Cyprus are blocking a decision to disconnect Russia from the SWIFT network.

twitter.com...

If that is true-There are 3 countries and an island who are putting their incomes from Russian money as more important than dead civilians in Ukraine.
The people of those 3 countries and an island should think hard about that-your governments literally care more about looking after their precious economies than people getting blown to pieces in a land not that far away.
That being the case,I doubt they GAF about their own people either,except as tax generators(guess we know that anyway).

I am not saying banning russia from using swift would instantly stop the invasion-but it would certainly have more effect than the sanctions so far implemented IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Cutting Russia from Swift has been discussed by the US as well. The impression I got is it is on the table but was going to be reserved to see if Russia pulls back. Being I dont see that happening SWIFT will be cut probably within the next week (time frame is my own personal guess). Cutting Russia from SWIFT is a "nuclear" option in terms of sanctions (and not a nuclear war).

Also,

NATO has clarified how article 5 works. Article 5 can be invoked if a NATO member comes under cyber attack only. It is not a blanket criteria and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

We are watching russia and friends commit national suicide in slow motion.

Truly bizarre.

sad... the Russian people have gone through so much.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
* - At least 10 km long traffic jam at Krakovets border crossing into Poland tonight. All refugees, clamouring to get away from the Russian invasion army (source - twitter.com...)

* - President Zelensky signed a decree on general mobilization

* - Shelling targeting military unit in Ochakiv

* - Clashes in Kharkiv region, Ukrainian army responding to fierce attacks

* - Heavy clashes near Kherson, Ukrainian army managed to recapture a bridge and bridgehead on the left bank

* - Destroyed Russian column near Crimea (video source - twitter.com...)

* - Reports from Ukrainian defence officials that a Russian bombing raid will hit Kyiv at 3AM. Heading to shelter

* - According to the Joint Forces Command, in the Hlukhov area the Ukraine's army used Javelins and neutralized a column of 15 Russian T-72 tanks, General Staff says

* - On German TV, German energy minister Habeck says Gazprom has worked towards the current moment by "systematically holding back gas deliveries" to Europe and emptying its reserves in Germany at the start of the winter

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
* - Forte12 (US drone) is on the move in the Black Sea - Flightradar24
* - 4 US KC135 stratotankers (LAGR226, LAGR133, LAGR132 and LAGR225) are over central / east europe flying circles.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I’m not a big fan of bbc news ‘fact checking’, since it’s often skewed with omissions and selective reasoning to promote a narrative. It can be just as pro-west as RT is pro-Putin.

So maybe someone here will debunk their debunking, but I’ll leave this here all the same. If nothing else it’s a reminder (not that most folk here need one) not to take anything we see or hear at face value:

Many misleading images have been shared online

ETA: just seen that Xcathdra has made the exact same point above. You’re bossing this thread and I’m grateful for your relentless updates 🍻

edit on 24-2-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

air bridge?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wonder if Russia got Wing Loong 2 attack drones from China? These were devastating in Libya.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

air bridge?

Not sure.. Something seems to be going on. I know NATO members put some electronic warfare aircraft in the air so they might be supporting that. 1 is over Romania and the other3 are over Poland. If military planes dont turn on their equipment (that civilian aircraft are required to have turned on) they wont show on flightradar. I have been unable to find the electronic warefare planes on flightradar (no surprise) so the tankers might be dealing with that as well as the additional forces the US dispatched to the region (another combat brigade).

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

One of the major issues I have been seeing is Russia, Belarus and Ukraine use some of the exact same equipment. I have come across several videos by different people attributing the images to one side or the other. I do know Russia vehicles are specially marked (probably to cut down on potential friendly fire incidents). I have also seen info that Ukraine has done the same to some of there equipment (specially marked).

With that said the markings look like they used a can of white spray paint. To me it would be easy enough to find destroyed equipment that is not marked and adding markings for whichever side needs the pr.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just thought I would share. The Caspian Report has great videos about geopolitics. This one is from 3 weeks ago about
what a possible Russian invasion would look like. Its fairly accurate, definitely worth checking out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Unverified reports that Russian Forces have taken Snake Island of Ukraine. Trying to find some verifiable sources.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Unverified reports that Russian Forces have taken Snake Island of Ukraine. Trying to find some verifiable sources.

Yup Ukrainian border guards assigned to the island went dark and they were unable to raise them. Ukraine border services is assuming the island was captured.

Ukrainian border guards: no connection with our servicemen on Zmeiniy, likely island captured

from telegram

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can anyone verify this report? Sounds very strange.

UKRAINE/SYRIA - It appears 'the whole Russian Navy in the Mediterranean Sea (that we know of) sailed to Syria this morning while the invasion of Ukraine was unfolding' according to Defense analyst H I Sutton, writer for Naval News. Ukraine is also asking Turkey to cut its straits off to Russian vessels which would essentially be declaring economic war on Russia.

According to Naval News Russia reinforced the presence of its Navy in the Mediterranean a lot more than usual, which, according Naval News could be an outer defense layer for their naval operations in the Black Sea off of Ukraine. They also said it could be used to deter the involvement of NATO forces.

According to Naval News, the Russian Navy, including 'their major warships' did provide support in the Ukraine invasion, then were all sailing in 'close formation' and 'appeared' to be sailing to Tartus. Russia currently has a Naval base in Tartus, so it is likely assumed that is where they are headed.

Naval News called the Russian Naval formation 'unusual' and said that it was clearly visible with European Space Agency’s (ESA) satellite imagery. An image of the formation was taken by the Sentinel 2 satellite at 08:40 UTC today according to the news agency (Provided with due credit on our social media).

The news agency said the formation was only 0.9 miles across and 1.7 miles in length, which indicates that all ships are well within 'visual site' of one another. The satellite imagery showing the formation was taken as the Russian naval forces were already within Syrian waters and on a trajectory to the port of Tartus, Russia's naval base in Syria.

Naval News says that the concentration of Russian naval forces means that essentially the entire [visible] Russian Navy is located in one place whereas normally they would be operating in separate groups.

Naval News say they asses that 'it is likely' the ships might have separated once again into different groups, with some sailing to the Black Sea to 'support operations there' and would need to transit through the Bosporus Strait through waters claimed by Turkey which would be 'controversial'.

Entire Visible Russian Navy Sails To Syria In Midst Of Ukrainian War

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join