It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Thanks for the hard work

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Thanks for the hard work

No prob and you are welcome.. Sorry the updates were late in arriving tonight.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Update from my uncle and his partner , they made it to Poland after a weeks journey from Marganets to Lviv then across the border to Poland.

They left Marganets and traveled to Dnipro then got the train to Lviv
and from there a bus to the border , then a taxi further to the border and then waited in the cold in a 1km queue they did walk a lot as well which is quite surprising given their age.
whilst they sorted their papers and organised passage.

So what would have taken them 12 hrs in normal conditions has taken them a week

They assure me they are now on a long bus journey to Rome of all places
so when in Rome
my uncle says he is chokin for a pint hahah and his partner had to lighten to the load and got rid of his flask of cider he'd been saving for the end of the refugee journey.

I was checking youtube for news and check the media including RT as I normally do with all the news to see the holes in the plot.
and Ive had to connect to VPN in the US to see RT as its blocked here in the UK , and noticed its now blocked in the US . I wonder if Elon musk will eventually pull the plug on star link and go back on his word about protecting freedom of speech

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Glad they made it out of Ukraine all in one piece.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Great news!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Commentary on the ISW website.

The reported appearance of forces belonging to Chechen leader Ramazan Kadyrov, Russia’s Rosgvardia internal security formations, and the Liga (former Wagner) Private Military Company in the western outskirts of Kyiv may indicate that the Russian military is struggling to assemble sufficient conventional combat power to launch its assault on the capital.

Internal security? Sounds like one of the functions the KGB used to have.

Didn't realize Wagner changed their name.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Russian talks about sanctions

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Russia going to have to roll out the big guns the S400 and smack them all down.

Then bomb poland for bending over to US instructions.

Is that something you condone, or look forward to happening?

Poland has got directly involved. The repercussions in my opinion is Russia retaliating. The same way USA or NATO would.

Nothing for me to condone or look forward to. It will all play out by those responsible for this mess.
edit on 9-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: Imhere

So russia got 12k+ of it's own soldiers killed and collapsed it's own economy only to retreat back to EXACTLY where they were when they started the war and pay a trillion dollars+ to rebuild ukraine, and you call this great russian victory?

You been watching too much Fox news. Did you count those 12,000 soldiers yourself?

Pay a trillion? Ha!

That would be NATO countries bending over for US sanctions on Iran paying up at the behest of US orders like the dearest ones. Russia?
They said go fish we ain’t paying nothing.

Are you a US propagandist? You make a lot of unsubstantiated, wild claims. USA is no angel by the way. They didn’t pay trillions rebuilding Iraq Afghanistan Syria Libya.

They wasted 20 trillion though losing to taliban on horseback with swords.

Mission Complete!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

First time I read Wagner being renamed to Liga. It's very interesting what they have been up to in Africa. Definitely part of a larger strategy. Kremlin denies any official ties but yeah, whatever... I guess in part it is Russia trolling western hypocrisy by holding up the mirror. In the case of Wagner/Liga we see a reflection of Blackwater/Xe/Academi.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

12,000 was today's number from Ukraine Defense Council.

Everything after that was just ridiculous.
edit on 9-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I keep up with RT articles via rss feed without going on the site. They tend to publish the full articles via rss, not just a preview. For the time being that works just fine for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Mainstream media and NATO members cannot make their mind up on supplying Jets to Ukraine!

First the media put out a clear statement saying “its been agreed Poland to send their Jets”

And now today “ US rejects Poland’s offer to hand over MIG-29 fighter jets to supply Ukraine
Defence experts suggested that by offering the planes to the US, rather than directly to Ukraine, Poland was seeking to avoid being drawn into direct conflict with Russia”

Source apple.news...

I figured Poland wouldnt be sent as cannon fodder into this mess, good for them for growing a backbone and not yielding at the beck and call of every US order.

US can do it themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   
* - Protest in Horodnya town in Chernihiv region against Russian occupation

* - US Vice President Kamala Harris will travel to Poland on Wednesday to discuss how to provide "military assistance" for Ukraine, White House officials said, hours after Washington rejected Warsaw's offer of Soviet-era fighter jets

* - Zelensky: We will continue to defend our borders and renew the request to provide us with military aircraft

* - Ukrainian Energy company: Chornobyl NPP and Slavutich town is completely out of power as result of actions of Russian army

* - Zelensky: The issue of the transfer of combat aircraft from Poland to Ukraine must be resolved appropriately

* - .@amnistiaespana says that the Russian bombing of Chernigov that left more than 45 dead could be a war crime The NGO stresses that the ICC Prosecutor's Office "should investigate this bombing" and calls for those responsible to be held accountable

* - Kremlin: the United States is de facto waging an economic war against Russia

* - Kyiv authorities: sirens sound in the capital and residents are asked to enter shelters immediately

* - Zelensky to Russian troops: Give up while you still can. "Almost 2 weeks of our resistance have shown you that we will not surrender," Zelensky said. "We will fight until we return our land and until we answer in full for all our killed people. For the dead children"

* - Near Sumy territorial defense unit ambushed Russian army column

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

Here is another Ukrainian control map with a bit more info and who controls what on the map. The warning posted just above this also applies to this link.
Ukrainian Control Map

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

12,000 was today's number from Ukraine Defense Council.

Everything after that was just ridiculous.

Everything you cited recently is ridiculous because it’s propaganda. No sources, no facts.

Ukraine as a source? Seriously? Same guys talking about Ghost of Kyiv downing ten Jets singlehandedly.

Calm down and breath. Add some sources.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

thanks to you and patriot for the well wishes

its appreciated I was a bit concerned for their safety given they are retirees and getting on in life
but its good to know they are safe, and for anyone else wondering my Uncle said that the refugee spots
whilst mobbed and busy and chaotic are very much safe and everyone is being well looked after
and women and children are getting the care they need , especially the mothers to be and the ones with newborns
sadly though he said that many of the young men had to stay behind and let their partners and newborns and babies yet to be born go on to safety

such depressing state of affairs the world has gotten into, its just so disappointing knowing that we all can work together but we choose not to just out of spite and our damn ego's

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Everything you cited recently is ridiculous because it’s propaganda. No sources, no facts.

Ukraine as a source? Seriously? Same guys talking about Ghost of Kyiv downing ten Jets singlehandedly.

Calm down and breath. Add some sources.

There are those that seek to undermine threads using established methods. They have no interest in truth or sources really. Once identified it's best to ignore them. Empty cans make the most noise.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
Are you referring to a preemptive nuclear strike to prevent Putin's westward expansionism? Are you referring to NATO deploying conventional military forces in Ukraine?

I am referring to any type of preemptive military action NATO or Europe might take based on fear of Putin continuing on into Europe. They have already taken some steps, ramping up activities in NATO countries, sending arms/supplies to Ukraine, sanctions, etc. But the former Russian Economic Advisor says: "What can stop Putin is military defeat." Scroll to about 5 minutes or more in.

www.youtube.com...

I assume he means conventional. He thinks Putin's bluffing with the nukes, as some here also feel. He advocates NATO put in a no fly zone and challenge him. The thing is, for all intents and purposes, there already is one. 28 Polish Migs could up that a notch, but then they're going to have S400's or worse to deal with if they even think about going into Russian territory. IMO, they'd likely be used in air defense/air-to-ground ops. And with a long convoy to start shooting at.

A strategy of reducing his conventional weapons through attrition and leaving him with just nukes is a pretty risky thing to do. But so was a blockade and prepared invasion of Cuba. This is a different Russia, under a first use tactical nuclear doctrine, and in their own backyard. A diplomatic solution will result in the loss of Ukraine. In the meantime the world waits for the slow strangling, and eventual destruction of Kyiv if they don't capitulate. No easy answers on this one. If you were President, what would you do?
edit on Wed Mar 9th 2022 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
the thing that really pisses me off about all this is that why the hell should we the people of the world suffer just because our governments cant agree

its not fair , they are always a minority and we the majority want peace and to work together

what is happening to the slavic peoples is terrible , we have the west and its allies against Russia and its forces
and things are just escalating because of a handful of people.

All the while negotiations will continue and at the end of the day its all about trade and the economy
our lives are basically being gambled with just so they can secure their deals and secure their borders
and make some extra on the side

its #ing disgusting that we all allow our governments to act this way
and we are as equally bad as we will all buy into the Russia bad hype and so every day Russians will suffer as a result and Russia is the bad guy so we will have years decades more of anti russian sentiment when they are not to blame , their government are. The people suffer once more , its bad enough that Putin invaded and Ukranians are suffering , but there are others suffering as well if the reports on donbass, lugansnk are real, yet even more suffer in other nations with no media coverage

I just dont see how anyone can support their government or their military in engaging each other its #ing shocking and even those in the military why are they serving , money most likely , but is the pay worth having these atrocities on your conscience knowing you have helped illegally invade others for someone elses agenda that has nothing to do with your safety or your rights or your life in any way because at the end of the day , the money isnt going into our pockets in fact its being taken right out of our pockets and we are being lied to and fooled to believe its within our interest to defend that way of life.

HA

the #in joke is on us

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

So happy they made it out. I've been almost in tears at times watching mothers with small babies and kids and the elderly walking across the border in the cold at like 3am. I can't imagine as a mom leaving my husband and taking my 3 kids to another country with just a bag in my hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join