It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, didn't someone predict 'pariah status' within hours of the invasion starting?

That was funny.

By golly, I think someone understand now.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Drones seen flying from Limassol carrying out surveillance on Russian shipping in the area

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Think your barking up the correct avenue with psychiatrist but its going to take a fleet of them to sort that gentleman out.

Medicate, Medicate, Medicate would be my diagnosis.

Its got to be some kind of power trip i suppose.

Others have suggested the Man has just lost the plot with all the COVID 19 lockdowns and restrictions and has some form of PTSD.

Hell of a way to bring about nuclear annihilation coz Putin lost a few marbles but rather apt also i suppose.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Valhall

He would probably glass the UK first because of HMNB Clyde and the nuclear warheads/submarine facilities there before hitting the US just down to distance and infrastructure, same with most of Germany.

So our boats would return the favour whither of not the other nuclear capable nations joined the fray or otherwise.

They Vanguard ballistic missile submarines and accompanying payload can ruin Putin's day and then some if it does come to a "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish" scenario.

Putin's subs will be all over the Atlantic including off the coast of the US. If it comes to a nuclear exchange everyone and everything's day is ruined...forever.
My worry is it might not be deliberate but an accident/miscommunication that could trigger it all off.

It would appear Russia is conducting a psy-ops on its own troops. If Putin and his commanders can have their ground troops believe Nazis and fascists had taken over the Ukrainian Government then who knows what other lies they would pass on to those Sub commanders.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

And odds are good they are in the Baltic and Mediterranean as we speak it would cut down launch time to Moscow to a couple of minutes.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Must be rather lonely up there on that mad pedestal or end of the table for Putin.

Just about the entire world has came out in condemnation of the mans actions.

Its not even like it just NATO nations.

Yeah, the table situation:

But, seriously, what's the issue here? What's with that distance? I saw some pictures with him and the press in Russia. The press was positioned almost in the corridor. To fit his huge ego? Any psychiatrist around? (intentionally skipping psychologists)

Much like "Commander Queeg" (Humphrey Bogart)...perhaps?

The Caine Mutiny (1954) - Paranoid Breakdown Scene

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

"It would appear Russia is conducting a psy-ops on its own troops. If Putin and his commanders can have their ground troops believe Nazis and fascists had taken over the Ukrainian Government then who knows what other lies they would pass on to those Sub commanders"

THIS is a MAJOR concern.

War gaming says the best tactic is for U.S. sub commanders to be in close contact with all russian subs in this situation (we always know exactly where they are), so that we can demonstrate first hand that WE are NOT launching.

No idea if the biden idiot has allowed the Navy to do this though.

It does come with risks.

link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

And odds are good they are in the Baltic and Mediterranean as we speak it would cut down launch time to Moscow to a couple of minutes.

The issue here is, the use of those "boats" still depends on one person's authority. Same person.

link   

Aye we are all screwed if that happens Soloprotocol.

No ifs no buts no coconuts.

It would be all over in seconds all the same, coz just one of those Russian Satan II ICBM would blanket Bonny Scotland and all her major cites in nuclear fire via its accompanying warhead payload, and also the rest of the UK i may add.

We are done so our boats are returning that favour.

And last time i looked they are still a few miles ahead of there Russian counterparts.

I think the way it works when any sort of nuclear scenario is on the cards, the sub commanders launch if the don't receive a specific set of signals at specific times.

Same with the Russian boats under times of war or perceived conflict.

Anyhoo if that happens, nice knowing you and bye'bye.
edit on 6-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If this will appear to be true, Putin will be the biggest sc*m there is. Considering the fact that Russia have used this tactic before, with Finalnd in WWII, this is very plausible.

Source
Facebook. Will need to translate.

Would this scenario give Russia full mobilization right and a 'reason' to seek revenge? Considering that many Russians still don't know about/ignore the situation in Ukraine... this is a scary thought indeed.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh that place is glowing in the dark for a few thousand years and burning if we are.

Putin knows that just fine, never mind a significant proportion of the rest of his beloved nation and infrastructure.

Hence the reason its a mugs game even if it is still a M.A.D world.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Russia has 6 that they can deploy out of the 9 they have the US has 18 on active duty. The US has 3 Seawolf-class attack submarines and 11 Virginia-class fast-attack subs. More than enough to shadow Russian subs so odds are good they wouldn't survive very long.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The Ambassador to Finland said something like this last week (not exact quote): If you ask Mr. Putin why he is acting so irrational? - He would likely respond, something to the like: Me acting irrational is rational.

edit on 6-3-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 6-3-2022 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

The Ambassador to Finland said something like this last week (not exact quote) If you ask Mr. Putin why he is acting so irrational? - He would likely respond, something to the like: Me acting irrational is rational.

This is a cold blooded calculation. I was waiting for his move. (Not anticipating)

The off topic question: why the Russians don't let Mariupol people to leave? Everybody says, Russians needed to regroup. But why to keep civilians hostages?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well to gain power and take over Russia he bombed his own people so it wouldn't surprise me.

n 1999, Russia’s internal security force, the FSB, carried out a string of horrific apartment building bombings that the Kremlin blamed on Chechen rebels. The bombings, equivalent psychologically to the 9/11 Al Qaeda airliner attacks on New York and the Pentagon, whipped up Russians’ fears of the Chechens and eventually vaulted Prime Minister Vladimir Putin into the presidency.

www.military.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

www.nybooks.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If this will appear to be true, Putin will be the biggest sc*m there is. Considering the fact that Russia have used this tactic before, with Finalnd in WWII, this is very plausible.

Source
Facebook. Will need to translate.

Would this scenario give Russia full mobilization right and a 'reason' to seek revenge? Considering that many Russians still don't know about/ignore the situation in Ukraine... this is a scary thought indeed.

"Source: National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice one.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

The Ambassador to Finland said something like this last week (not exact quote) If you ask Mr. Putin why he is acting so irrational? - He would likely respond, something to the like: Me acting irrational is rational.

This is a cold blooded calculation. I was waiting for his move. (Not anticipating)

The off topic question: why the Russians don't let Mariupol people to leave? Everybody says, Russians needed to regroup. But why to keep civilians hostages?

and who told you it's russians keeping civilians inside? lemme guess, ukrainian government?

azov battalion is preventing those civilians from leaving. they get killed if they try to escape.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Well hello there

Is that 1:38h already?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Azov battalion is in Donbas.

Not the whole of Ukraine.

Do you not understand this?

Apparently not.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Another poster who thinks this is funny.

Jeez....

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join