It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh well according to your 'lists' the Ukrainians are winning and it's all good. Those pesky barbaric Russians are only targeting civilians and being beaten back by the invisible Ukrainian army. They must be invisible because they don't seem to be having any casualties.

Why would any leader of a country under siege, who is in the situation Zelensky's in, where he's having to rally his CIVILIANS to arms against an orc horde, publish casualty numbers on his defending army? WHY? THINK!

We are sitting around arguing a topic that is built of lies on both sides.

The fact that there are lies in wartime is totally understandable.

The fact that posters are invested in the disinfo to the point of anger and name calling is not.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

It's a war of Putin's own making, without any justification.

Yes, lies and propoganda on both sides, but Putin's lies are off the scale.

However you call it, he is the aggressor, he is the one reducing another country to rubble and indiscriminately murdering civilians including women and children.

Many of them are his countrymen's relatives and friends.

Yet he calls them Nazis and claims that their country doesn't deserve to even exist.

Yes, it does make me angry.

I make no apologies for that.

Most sane folk are more than a little peeved.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Thing is mate ""We"" did indeed see the warning signs.

But its Putin that's the one threatening nuclear annihilation because he obviously seriously underestimated the Ukraine and NATO response.

Its still a M.A.D world and he's using that fact because he simply does not want to lose face.

He's possibly consigning his nation and people in it to oblivion over a mere miscalculation, which is childish at best, but dangerous beyond measure.
edit on 6-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If you drove into that country and realized what was happening and left, I aint got one ill word for you. If you drove into that country and started lobbing missiles at apartment buildings, schools and hospitals. You're a filthy orc.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
THE OLD LADY IS BACK AT IT!

Remember Yelena Osipova, 77 years old retired art teacher, artist and activist? She was bungled up by Russian cosmonauts after she 'dared' to have some placards on the streets with her thoughts about Putin being an as*h*le.

Was worried, she'll spent the last days in some cage but here she is. Apparently, she's out and right at it.

Video
The bird sign says “Россия без Путина” which means “Russia without Putin”. Some passers by giving her hugs.

Not every protest is loud, not every supporter is vocal. But there is light, and there is hope. This is that tiny crystal of light I needed for today, after reading about all the things that happened in Ukraine in the past few days and how nothing has changed for the better.

We are on a day number 11 of this sadness that shrouded the world.
Some say, this war will be long.
I really hope they are wrong...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

If you drove into that country and realized what was happening and left, I aint got one ill word for you. If you drove into that country and started lobbing missiles at apartment buildings, schools and hospitals. You're a filthy orc.

I wholeheartedly concur with this..

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's a war of Putin's own making, without any justification.

I agree. To an extent.

The same was said about Iraq and any other war that the west has been involved in.

There were some ah ha moments after the wars that showed motives communicated to us weren’t so cut and dried.

The common denominators have been oil, finances, and regional control.

We helped them back into the Stone Age in the name of democracy and humanitarianism.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

But reducing cities like Aleppo in Syria to rubble with no regard for civilian casualties seems to be Putin's fallback option if things ain't going his way.

Which clearly, they aren't.
edit on 6-3-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

But reducing cities like Aleppo in Syria to rubble with no regard for civilian casualties seems to be Putin's fallback option if things ain't going his way.

Which clearly, they aren't.

That’s was the only time a Middle East country was bombed to dust? Cherry pick much?

This makes my point though. ATS is here to deny ignorance, not just to look at one side of any story. Your response showed this may not be the case for you.

If we aren’t being fed misinformation from our side then our side are morons as well.

Poontang is watching the teevee, the same teevee we watch.

We are arguing about a bunch of misinformation.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Russian TV channel shut down by Putin to avoid 15 year jail sentences.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"We are arguing about a bunch of misinformation"

Misinformation that putin intentionally created and his supporters intentionally spread, with the sole purpose of getting us to argue about that misinformation while russia invades Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

"We are arguing about a bunch of misinformation"

Misinformation that putin intentionally created and his supporters intentionally spread, with the sole purpose of getting us to argue about that misinformation while russia invades Ukraine.

Totally agree, my point is that our information warfare is in overdrive as well.

I’m not saying much of it isn’t necessary, I’m saying we can’t believe it all.

Our victories will be embellished and our losses will be demonized.

Poontangs victories will be demonized and his losses will embellished.

That’s how the game has always been played.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ukrainian Forces & Citizens Captured 4 Russian T-80U Tanks & Downed SU-30 | Russia Ukraine War

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ukraine Armed Forces Are Using NLAW To Destroy Russian Tanks | Russian Nightmare

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No he's not he controls what Russians see and hear. Its not the same as anyone that opposes him publicly can end up with a 15 year jail sentence. Trying to argue both sides are the same is stupid or naive at best. Western media may have agendas each network is allowed to decide where they stand however. And there is alternate sources of news always available we can watch al Jazeera if we want the anti-American stance for example. If you are conservative sky and fox liberal you can watch CNN and MSNC. independents podcasts like Joe Rogen. There is no longer any way to prevent news in western countries you can choose to only see one side of the issue however. Western media creates bubbles and separates us ut none have the power to control all the media like in Russia.

However, I will say this Putin at least has united the world there all against him so even now there is common ground.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

"However, I will say this Putin at least has united the world there all against him so even now there is common ground"

He was repeatedly warned of exactly this.

The putin idiot tried to call our bluff and invaded Ukraine anyway.

Was never a bluff.

edit on 6-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ukraine Armed Forces Totally Destroys Howitzer Artillery Battalion In Nikolaev

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The deputy minister of defence for Belarus has reportedly submitted his resignation and claimed he cannot support the current Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Major General Viktor Gulevich, who is also the chief of the general staff, argued that Belarusian military unit personnel refused to take part in hostilities and that the Armed Forces of Belarus could not complete a single battalion group.

Mr Gulevich is among a number of Belarusian officials facing economic sanctions from the UK government because of their closeness with Vladimir Putin.

www.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No he's not he controls what Russians see and hear. Its not the same as anyone that opposes him publicly can end up with a 15 year jail sentence. Trying to argue both sides are the same is stupid or naive at best. Western media may have agendas each network is allowed to decide where they stand however. And there is alternate sources of news always available we can watch al Jazeera if we want the anti-American stance for example. If you are conservative sky and fox liberal you can watch CNN and MSNC. independents podcasts like Joe Rogen. There is no longer any way to prevent news in western countries you can choose to only see one side of the issue however. Western media creates bubbles and separates us ut none have the power to control all the media like in Russia.

However, I will say this Putin at least has united the world there all against him so even now there is common ground.

I didn’t say that both sides are the same.

I said we are receiving misinformation and partial information from both sides.

A small example, we are told the PM of the Ukraine was a simple actor and comedian.

No, he made his 700 million from Kvartal 95, a production company that he founded.

The difference between the two pieces of info is that we, the common folks relate to and support a comedian more that a near billionaire.

Small but significant way to gather support.

Smart, but still a component of necessary information warfare.

new topics

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join