It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 197
<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
Other countries around the world like China and India etc are watching lol

care check aisle 2... can i get a care check on aisle 2.

NATO sending military equipment right now to Bosnia and Herzegovina, in response to what Putin said… is just an excuse for NATO propping shop there. Period.

Please show where NATO is sending anything to Bosnia.

It’s NATO escalation plain as day. Regardless if a Bosnian political party asked to join NATO or not.

Man you are just in your own little play arent you. For scene 2 you should try using reality and facts. Leave the parts of the play where you only hear what you want while making things up - like your NATO lies.

Regardless of what “Vlad” said. This is Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, not Russia and Ukraine.

What Vlad said goes to what you are intentionally ignoring. Again learn, then join the convo.

There isn’t fighting in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Did Serbia mobilize? Is there troop movement. Is there fighting in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

I guess everyone has an excuse one way another?

Again, other Countries around the World like India and China are watching this

Im sorry but you maxed the BS bin for you to the max. Try again in 12 hours and we will see if you learned anything.

and for your last comment about the world I am sorry but we are all out of cares.

edit on 5-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   
* - Ukrainian farmers seized SAM TOR

* - Kharkiv(09:44). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: merka

If that is accurate then explain Turkey and Greece's admittance to NATO?

I dont really know, did Turkey and Greece join NATO for the explicit purpose of calling article 5 against enemy nations that where invading their countries so that they could get NATO to go to war for them? Not familiar with their history. From what I understand article 5 has only been called once and thats been the US.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

a reply to: merka

If that is accurate then explain Turkey and Greece's admittance to NATO?

I dont really know, did Turkey and Greece join NATO for the explicit purpose of calling article 5 against enemy nations that where invading their countries so that they could get NATO to go to war for them? Not familiar with their history. From what I understand article 5 has only been called once and thats been the US.

No but both joined NATO while at odds with each other.

both entered NATO in 1952. Relations deteriorated again after the 1950s due to the 1955 Istanbul pogrom, the Cyprus issue, and the expulsion of the Istanbul Greeks in the 1960s, the 1974 Cypriot coup d'etat, immediately followed by the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974, the Imia/Kardak military crisis in 1996 and subsequent military confrontations over the Aegean dispute. A period of relative normalization began after 1999 with the so-called "earthquake diplomacy", which notably led to a change in the previously firmly negative stance of the Greek government on the issue of the accession of Turkey to the European Union. As of 2022, military tensions have risen again due to conflicts over maritime zones in the Aegean and Eastern Mediterranean. However, Greece and Turkey remain in NATO, with a history of participation in alliance operations such as the Korea, Afghanistan, Libya and other NATO operations.

and no, NATO does not work that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: Imhere

Maybe vlad should immediately remove all russians from all Ukraine then.

You know, so others in the neighborhood stop asking for equipment for russian invasion protection?

'NATO Escalation'

Hilarious!

A complete LIE.

But hilarious!

You’re fearing Vlad that bad huh?

Look, in simple terms.

NATO looking to send any military equipment to Bosnia and Herzegovina right now, at this moment, is stirring the pot and escalating the situation.

Until there’s fighting there, until there’s proof of Serbian movement there. No need to start hyping up that area.

Other countries around the world are watching. And don’t see that as NATO “defense” or easing tensions here

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

edit on 5-3-2022 by Imhere because: Double post

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You’re fearing Vlad that bad huh?

He is unstable with nukes

Look, in simple terms.

NATO looking to send any military equipment to Bosnia and Herzegovina right now, at this moment, is stirring the pot and escalating the situation.

another lie - again show where anything was sent / being sent.

Until there’s fighting there, until there’s proof of Serbian movement there. No need to start hyping up that area.

Like your doing by lying about whats going on?

Other countries around the world are watching. And don’t see that as NATO “defense” or easing tensions here

care check aisle 2

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

First of all, NATO is free to send arms to anyone it damn well pleases.

Russia certainly does.

B: None of those weapons were even requested before russia terrified it's neighbors by invading someone else in the neighborhood.

III - Please ask vlad to immediately remove all russians from all Ukraine so russia's neighbors will stop begging us for weapons to defend their territory against invading russians.

X - NONE of those weapons threaten Russians on Russian soil in any way.

Problem solved.

Not gonna give russia it's economy or currency back though.

Not until russia is disarmed and putin is gone

To protect those neighbors, and the planet.

edit on 5-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Not really new.

The potential of ATGMs was realized in the Yom Kippur War of 1973. Egyptians using "Sagger" missiles caused a lot of tank losses for the Israelis.

A lot of it depends on deployment, terrain, and technology. For example, current Israeli tanks can mount equipment that detects an incoming missile and detonates an explosive charge on its armor to shred the missile or dramatically reduce its effect on the tank.

In some terrain, wild maneuvering of vehicles at the last moment can avoid a missile.

What the Javelins will force countries with tank forces to do, is upgrade their technology and make tank production more expensive. Or, a country like China may not care and just produce masses of lightly armored vehicles that can deliver firepower support to their infantry, and expect losses to be high.

The cost ratio of the defensive weapons vs the tank goes way back too. Anti tank guns were far less expensive than tanks.

The commenter comparing Javelins to Panzerfausts is comparing apples and oranges. The Panzerfaust is better compared to today's unguided antitank rockets like the RPG-7 or the LAW.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

….

another lie - again show where anything was sent / being sent.

….

* - Allies are talking about lending more miltary support to non-members like Georgia and Bosnia, countries threated by Russia, NATO chief Stoltenberg says. But no final decisions today

edit on 5-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2022 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Nothing has been approved by NATO or individual governments so my comments still stand.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Nothing has been approved by NATO or individual governments so my comments still stand.

* - Allies are talking about lending more miltary support to non-members like Georgia and Bosnia, countries threated by Russia, NATO chief Stoltenberg says. But no final decisions today

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Request everyone cease discussions re: Serbia. Those discussions belong in a thread of their own.

Thanks.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   

"Talking about"?

Maybe you missed the news?

NATO is also free to 'talk about' anything it damn well pleases.

russia certainly does.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

One of my favorite authors from back in the day wrote a series about ww3, and at the start when the story was covering the generals trying to head off the war, and the russians said its time for war and everyone knows it. (paraphrase)

Looking back at the book, the retired cia analyst that wrote it seems to have hit a lot of the high points I am seeing now.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
* - Bucha: in an overnight shelling, the shell hit a residential area

* - Evacuation from Mariupol started via route Mariupol-Nikolske-Rozivka-Polohy-Orihiv-Zaporizhia

* - Dnipro(09:50). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now!

Flightradar24
* - lots of military helicopters, including a CH-47F Chinook in south east Poland.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Then why did you quote me and say I lied when I said

Check.

At any event lol, current news is …

* - Allies are talking about lending more miltary support to non-members like Georgia and Bosnia, countries threated by Russia, NATO chief Stoltenberg says. But no final decisions today.

NATO looking (or talking) to send any military equipment to Bosnia and Herzegovina right now, at this moment, is stirring the pot and escalating the situation.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

"stirring the pot and escalating the situation."

NO.

Russia is 'stirring the pot' by invading Ukraine.

A country asking for DEFENSIVE weapons to discourage russian invasion is not.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The US and the MIC are loving this. It's all going according to plan.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
YouTube Video

I am sceptical concerning economic sanctions preventing the Russians from conquering Ukraine and invading western Europe. Then, maybe, Russia's central bank will print money and fix the Ruble's value.

General Zhukov would turn over in his grave if he knew that the Russian Army resorted to the status that reflected the effects of Stalin's purges. The Russian military's failure to embrace combined at tactical and operational levels is strange.

As for the Ukrainian armed forces, they have used the last eight to prepare for the coming war with Russia. In contrast, Germany, France and UK squandered their time by burying their head in the sand.
edit on 5-3-2022 by xpert11 because: YouTube embed failed

new topics

top topics

<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join