It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Ukrainians Strike Massive Russian Convoy, Pentagon Says

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
So Fox's headline is the EU wants Ukraine to join assp , OK let's say they join like now . Just what does that mean Putin has to retreat or face the EU if not the EU will send troops. I don't get it

It might be the actual plan. Maybe that's why Putin hasn't advanced with speed in the north and west.

Things are going down fast in the south, he's now got his land corridor to Crimea sorted.

I watched an interview with one of Putin's ex right hand men a month or so past. He stated there was no way Russia could or would want to hold west Ukraine. All they wanted was the east and all of the southern coast.

Let's be honest the only way this insanity can stop is through negotiation right now.............. EU comes in and says let's split Ukraine as Putin's never going to pull out. Putin sees his chance. He's got the industrial centres plus all of the coast, EU gets the rural west.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

He won't stop.

He wants to rebuild the old Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Economically I can’t see Ukraine agreeing to become land locked . At the most let the Russians have Crimea ( it’s got a similar coast line to the rest of Ukraine ) . The Black Sea fleet is now pretty much stagnant since turkey shut the straits

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Putin isn't going to be happy with just eastern Ukraine....he wants the lot.
Then he wants Moldova and The Baltic States and it wouldn't surprise me if he dreams of regaining Poland etc.

The easiest way to stop this is for someone to put a bullet in Putin's #ing head.

He's got the industrial centres plus all of the coast, EU gets the rural west.

And what do the Ukrainians get?
Don't you think they have a say in this?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think it’s just a matter of time before someone arrests him or puts a bullet in his head . He has plunged Russia back 50 years . 50 years of peace ( ish ) and prosperity , opening up to western ideologies and trade and now they are back to bread queues and listening to propoganfa about how great life is .

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

He won't stop.

Gaod willing - Putin will be forced to stop advancing his forces in Ukraine, and start retreating like a dawg with his tail hiding between it's legs.

edit on 4-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Problem with Poland is NATO. That country is absolutely bristeling with munitions

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
BBC.CO.UK

Ukraine war: 'My city's being shelled, but mum won’t believe me'.

Oleksandra and her four rescue dogs have been sheltering in the bathroom of her flat in Kharkiv since the shelling began.[...]The 25-year-old has been speaking regularly to her mother, who lives in Moscow. But in these conversations, and even after sending videos from her heavily bombarded hometown, Oleksandra is unable to convince her mother about the danger she is in.
"I didn't want to scare my parents, but I started telling them directly that civilians and children are dying," she says.
"But even though they worry about me, they still say it probably happens only by accident, that the Russian army would never target civilians. That it's Ukrainians who're killing their own people."
Oleksandra says her mother just repeats the narratives of what she hears on Russian state TV channels.

The Guardian

Russia blocks access to Facebook and Twitter

Link

Russians are literally captives of Putin. How do you change minds of people brainwashed for so many years?..

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Yes he probably does Oldcarpy. Kharkov, Odessa, the same places we watched on TV as youngsters in The World at War. Just amazed it's gone full circle and it's happening again.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Javelins cost roughly 150k each, but you understand the issue perfectly.

Russia just found out 100%, without any remaining doubt, that it's massive 35k tank force is completely useless against anyone other than unarmed civilians.

ccp and the rest of the world's tyrants too.

Nobody fears your tanks anymore.

That's gonna make some engineers very happy, that's been the goal of the Javelin project since shortly after 9/11, and few outside of those engineers ever did more than laugh at the idea.

Including MANY in the Pentagon, and EVERY democrat party official over that 20 year period (they've tried to cancel the project every single year since 2007).

Nobody on ATS believed it would work either.

(Well a few did)

Mission Accomplished guys, your efforts just changed the course of history.

Humans will no longer be abused by a bully with tanks.

Well done guys, Well done.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

You can’t mate . Fromm ww2 misinformation and public control is the only thing that has kept Russia a super power . You think it’s hard looking at msm and trying to decided what’s real or not , these people have state propaganda rammed down their necks from day 1 , they know no better

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No I don't see Ukrainians getting a say in things FB. This is a gangster war driven IMO by the gangsters. Putin is just being forced into this war by the gangsters. Zelinsky has been under massive pressure from the west to reign in the oligarchs power in Ukraine. They forced the hand of Putin to defend their assets in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Sorry to sound so cynical but human nature being what it is someone will only go away and design and build something bigger, stronger and better which won't be stopped by a Javelin.
Then someone in turn will develop a new super-duper Javelin....
And in turn.....

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

He won't stop.

If that's the case, then the west needs to ask those ex-soviet states."Do you want to go back to the old ways"? If not, Arm them to the #ing teeth and tell them now is the time to tell the Russians, Nyet.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
Economically I can’t see Ukraine agreeing to become land locked . At the most let the Russians have Crimea ( it’s got a similar coast line to the rest of Ukraine ) . The Black Sea fleet is now pretty much stagnant since turkey shut the straits

Putin might let Ukraine exist in the west as some backwoods rural agricultural zone but he's nailed most of the coast now and is about to take Odessa. Landing craft are waiting for the southern advance to attack the city then they sail in. Links up with Moldova. Why would Putin want Ukraine to have access to sea when that will mean easy imports of weapons?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

No I don't see Ukrainians getting a say in things FB. This is a gangster war driven IMO by the gangsters. Putin is just being forced into this war by the gangsters. Zelinsky has been under massive pressure from the west to reign in the oligarchs power in Ukraine. They forced the hand of Putin to defend their assets in Ukraine.

RUSSIA is the country surrendering, NOT Ukraine.

It is RUSSIA that has near zero say in the matter.

Because it's the RUSSIA bully that just got the mother loving peace kicked out of it's military and entire civilian population (economically)

Ukraine gets it's country back.

The ENTIRE country.

Along with Russia's entire central bank reserve stash to help pay for the damage russia just did to Ukraine.

The russian bully has been cancelled.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: da pickles

Putin might let Ukraine exist in the west as some backwoods rural agricultural zone but he's nailed most of the coast now and is about to take Odessa. Landing craft are waiting for the southern advance to attack the city then they sail in. Links up with Moldova. Why would Putin want Ukraine to have access to sea when that will mean easy imports of weapons?

Hitler had Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sorry to sound so cynical but human nature being what it is someone will only go away and design and build something bigger, stronger and better which won't be stopped by a Javelin.
Then someone in turn will develop a new super-duper Javelin....
And in turn.....

They have been trying for 50 years.

For the next couple decades (maybe longer) though, civilians no longer need to fear being enslaved by a bully with tanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Not from what I've been seeing today. Russia is going to take Odessa in the next few days. Also Russia is preparing to put Kiev to siege. It's Russia in Ukraine right now. Not the other way around.

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join