It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is gonna be an unpopular comment with most, but it’s an inescapable question I keep coming back to: why isn’t Putin using his air superiority to bomb Ukraine targets? When the west invades we tend to bomb the fvck out of the place before sending in troops - shock and awe.

Or, is he indeed bombing from aircraft and I’m talking out my arse (wouldn’t be the first time).

Or, despite what the msm and zelenskyy are telling us, is Putin actually showing restraint?

I appreciate that may seem like a dumb question — it may in fact be a dumb question that infuriates those who know better or are looking at the drone footage of destroyed apartment complexes. The footage is horrific and I don’t mean to be crass or offend. But why is he not bombing from the air? Do the Ukrainians have good ground to air missiles, or is Putin holding back to avoid inflaming the west even more? Or is he simply showing restraint?

edit on 4-3-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Well if the third rate semi trained troops he is sending to Ukraine thus far is anything to go by i have to wonder whither or not its a good idea to let the same play with military planes worth millions of dollars or quite literally billions of rouble now.

None of this makes any sort of sense McGinty whatsoever.

Bar the wet dream of a tyrant that don't know what century he lives in.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

I appreciate that may seem like a dumb question

It's not a dumb question at all.

My personal opinion is that it's tactical and Putin is waiting for an absolute reason to go full ham. For instance a no-fly zone where Russian air support can be fired on, or sanctioned NATO air over Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Thanks! So the Russian are using the air to attack the ground, then. No surprise that ‘talking out my arse’ was the correct option 🍻

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I would have thought the Stinger surface-to-air missile would be what they have.

Rather an accurate piece of kit when used to shoot down helicopters and other aircraft.

But somewhat on the short range side.

I don't think Ukraine have much or any sorts of air defences network left in place, so no SAM sites or radar guided missiles i suppose.

Meaning Russian planes can pretty much drop there payloads on there targets before coming under attack unfortunately.

edit on 4-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
WTF?

Zelenskyy Says Russians Are Carrying Cremation Chambers Into Ukraine

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Thursday that Russian troops are lugging mobile cremation chambers with them as they continue their assault across the country, allegedly to dispose of their own dead and obscure the true number of casualties they’ve incurred.

ca.movies.yahoo.com...

I hope that is the reason...

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
WTF?

Zelenskyy Says Russians Are Carrying Cremation Chambers Into Ukraine

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Thursday that Russian troops are lugging mobile cremation chambers with them as they continue their assault across the country, allegedly to dispose of their own dead and obscure the true number of casualties they’ve incurred.

ca.movies.yahoo.com...

I hope that is the reason...

I heard that the mobile crematorium story was fabricated and the photos that were used are years old. I’m having trouble finding a link to confirm that, though. So, who knows.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

why isn’t Putin using his air superiority to bomb Ukraine targets?

Putin i would assume want's to conquer a more or less intact country, not a pile of rubble that would need rebuilding at a cost.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would have thought the Stinger surface-to-air missile would be what they have.

Rather an accurate piece of kit when used to shoot down helicopters and other aircraft.

But somewhat on the short range side.

I don't think Ukraine have much or any sorts of air defences network left in place, so no SAM sites or radar guided missiles i suppose.

Meaning Russian planes can pretty much drop there payloads on there targets before coming under attack unfortunately.

Putin was quite surprised to find out that someone (not US or NATO) had significantly upgraded that ancient russian gear.

Might be running low on missiles now (I have no idea), but they have been extremely effective over 15k, and mostly kept russian planes under 15k as a result.

Ukrainians have been using Stingers and similar at the extreme edge of their range (and beyond) to knock down what they can below 15k.

LOTS of misses are reported for the Stingers, but also confirmed reports of higher end fighters and bombers taken out as a result of this restriction to low altitude flights.

Pentagon said yesterday that control of the airspace in any region or altitude is changing almost hourly.

A real battle is going on for air superiority, and after 9 days, russia had still not achieved it.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
This is gonna be an unpopular comment with most, but it’s an inescapable question I keep coming back to: why isn’t Putin using his air superiority to bomb Ukraine targets? When the west invades we tend to bomb the fvck out of the place before sending in troops - shock and awe.

Or, is he indeed bombing from aircraft and I’m talking out my arse (wouldn’t be the first time).

Or, despite what the msm and zelenskyy are telling us, is Putin actually showing restraint?

I appreciate that may seem like a dumb question — it may in fact be a dumb question that infuriates those who know better or are looking at the drone footage of destroyed apartment complexes. The footage is horrific and I don’t mean to be crass or offend. But why is he not bombing from the air? Do the Ukrainians have good ground to air missiles, or is Putin holding back to avoid inflaming the west even more? Or is he simply showing restraint?

They have russian air defence systems which work very well.

I imagine they are trying to take them out on the ground first.

Putin is aswell showing great restraint as he doesn't want to completely destroy a country unlike what the West does everytime they invade a country.

The few patriot missed systems they acquired are unfortunately not able to integrate with Ukrainian radar systems.
edit on 4-3-2022 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Reports that Lukashenko in Belarus has said his armed forces will not join in the attack on Ukraine.

Misquoted? Disinformation?

More to come I 'spose.

www.reuters.com...

Cheers

The people of Belarus are ready for an uprising against the despot who rules their country.

If Belarus looses a fair chunk of it's army by fighting in Ukraine, this would make it harder for Lukashenko to hold onto power.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Putin is aswell showing great restraint as he doesn't want to completely destroy a country unlike what the West does everytime they invade a country.

Ever notice though how the Wests' "invasion" (which is moronically inaccurate) is always in response to another rogue nations' invasion or terroristic threats coming from them? I'm sure that part might have gone unnoticed.

But showing great restraint? You show "great restraint" via diplomacy, not by killing kids.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Ever notice though how the Wests' "invasion" (which is moronically inaccurate) is always in response to another rogue nations' invasion or terroristic threats coming from them? I'm sure that part might have gone unnoticed.

But showing great restraint? You show "great restraint" via diplomacy, not by killing kids.

There were no threats coming from Iraq, Afghanistan Syria or Libya. It was all lies.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

"Putin is aswell showing great restraint as he doesn't want to completely destroy a country unlike what the West does everytime they invade a country."

Think you'll ever have any credibility after that whopper?

Hilarious!

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

There were no threats coming from Iraq, Afghanistan Syria or Libya. It was all lies.

Start a thread on it, I'll gladly bring the sauce.

(Not Libya, that looks 100% illegal)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That makes sense 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What incredible timing....not for stability though, of course

ASSOCIATED PRESS
DUSSELDORF, Germany (AP) — Russians could face prison sentences of up to 15 years for spreading information that goes against the Russian government’s position on the war in Ukraine, a move that comes as authorities block access to foreign media outlets.

The Russian parliament voted unanimously Friday to approve a draft law criminalizing the intentional spreading of what Russia deems to be “fake” reports.

I feel pretty confident that Russian jails aren't large enough. I guess they'll just have to rot away in Chechen mass burial graves - aka Grozny Pits.

Also someone needs to inform Russia that they can't block Starlink lol
edit on 4-3-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

About the starlink system; from Musk himself:

Elon Musk is warning Starlink users in Ukraine to turn on the system "only when needed," as they may be targeted in the ongoing war.

Musk posted the warning on Twitter on Friday, writing, "Starlink is the only non-Russian communications system still working in some parts of Ukraine, so probability of being targeted is high."

The SpaceX CEO advised users to place the antenna as far away from people as possible and to cover the device with "light camouflage" to avoid detection.

link

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Yea, so they likely don't become targets themselves.

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join