It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: McGinty
This is gonna be an unpopular comment with most, but it’s an inescapable question I keep coming back to: why isn’t Putin using his air superiority to bomb Ukraine targets? When the west invades we tend to bomb the fvck out of the place before sending in troops - shock and awe.

Or, is he indeed bombing from aircraft and I’m talking out my arse (wouldn’t be the first time).

Or, despite what the msm and zelenskyy are telling us, is Putin actually showing restraint?

I appreciate that may seem like a dumb question — it may in fact be a dumb question that infuriates those who know better or are looking at the drone footage of destroyed apartment complexes. The footage is horrific and I don’t mean to be crass or offend. But why is he not bombing from the air? Do the Ukrainians have good ground to air missiles, or is Putin holding back to avoid inflaming the west even more? Or is he simply showing restraint?

They have russian air defence systems which work very well.

I imagine they are trying to take them out on the ground first.

Putin is aswell showing great restraint as he doesn't want to completely destroy a country unlike what the West does everytime they invade a country.

The few patriot missed systems they acquired are unfortunately not able to integrate with Ukrainian radar systems.

Those are secretly upgraded (not by us) RUSSIAN anti aircraft systems, NOT ours.

We didn't give them any.

That was always a 100% russian lie.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Video to watch

Russian Senator Lyudmila Narusova acknowledged huge losses of the #Russian army "Yesterday the conscripts, who were forced to sign a contract or signed for them, were withdrawn from the war zone in #Ukraine. But from a company of a hundred men only four were left alive."

Translation of what is said in the video:

People in the comments are wondering if she is still alive after this 'outburst'. Contracts 'signed for them'? Their fate was definitely decided for them...

edit on 4-3-2022 by wordforword because: No words

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

LOTS of misses are reported for the Stingers,

Always that way for the MANPAD systems, but they're good in two ways.

* They are effective against helos.

* They tend to keep other aircraft flying high enough to escape their range. Higher altitude impacts bombing accuracy, and somehow, given the gear we've seen so far, I don't think the bulk of Russian air-to-ground ordnance is "smart". Conversely, that is bad news for civilian areas adjacent to sites targeted by the aircraft.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't know that bit about the Javelins "phoning home" before they hit their target.

♫ So Long Hank I'm off to whack this tank

So don't wait up for me ... ♬

(apologies to Tom Lehrer
)

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Reports that Maria Baronova, editor-in-chief at RT's Russian language edition, has resigned in protest over the invasion of Ukraine.

Our granddads didn’t fight for this. And now they’ve been betrayed.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Reports that hundreds of the MANPADs supplied by Germany were not stored properly and now don't work.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not that it matters much...But I believe that Zelensky made a strategic mistake with Putin; when he said last week to the world (maybe not his exact words), that he still wished he had nuclear weapons --- Like Ukraine had before the Soviet Republic break-up.

Now, Putin is using that Zelensky statement...as one of his reasons for invading Ukraine.
edit on 4-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So how does this work just do they send agents to arrest him or do they summon him ?

"NATO chief accuses Putin of deploying illegal bombs against Ukraine"

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oooops, someone is scared

“I think that everyone should think about normalizing relations and cooperating normally,” he said.

He said Russia saw no need to aggravate tensions with other countries, claiming that Moscow’s actions in Ukraine only came “in response to unfriendly actions toward Russia.”

I think Putin just "blinked"

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Rumor has it: That if Putin is successful in pulling off his imperialistic conquest of Ukraine --- His next target of conquest, is the neutral country of Moldova, which borders southwest Ukraine --- Which --- btw --- also has a Russian separatist movement, that is deeply entrenched is one of Moldova's cities.
edit on 4-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ
Just watched a speech by Putler where if the translation is correct, he's offering 7.4mill rubles to families of dead soldiers and and extra 5mill rubles for soldiers participating in “special military operation in Ukraine“.

Throw in the news that alot of the Russian soldiers on the front are being made to sign back dated discharge papers for some reason...

Does this honestly sound like the actions of the winners in all this?..

In dollars that will be about a buck 50 in a few weeks...

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

This is good news! And for all our fake news addicted media diet knows he may even be telling the truth; that he doesn’t want MORE (as sung by The Sisters Mercy) and perhaps never did …Whether that is what everyone wants to think, or disagree with will hopefully become moot if nations can now build on this statement from Putin to lay tracks back to ‘normalisation’. Then we pick up the pieces and quietly decide the best possible future for Ukraine with Putin in charge.

This does come on the back of China’s first negative statement on the invasion (regarding the power plant). Makes you wonder if Putin was hoping for - even agreed - to a post invasion increased trade relationship of some kind and now that’s at risk.

I’ll shut up now before I make myself look even dumber if that’s possible; speculation from a keyboard warrior - not worth the paper it’s not written on.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think it opens the door for other countries to join the war in order to stop it before Russia shows up what Chernobyl 2 looks like. A nuclear strike and damaging a nuclear power plant arent the same thing (but I get where she is coming from).

What if Putin says F it and launches a tactical nuke on the power planet.... I would not say that is outside of possibilities for him.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
a reply to: JinMI

Not really no

Donbass regions have over 2 million Russian Citizens there

Who have been persecuted for 8 year ,or the so called Minsk Agreement

Iam Curious which Western nation would let that Happen to their citizens

Stay Safe

Riouz

You talking about the Russian-backed separatists fighting Ukraine? I am curious of what would Russia do if a chunk of them decided to go separate ways and form their own new country, or join another country? Better yet lets say China backed them to fight Russia.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

very powerful great russian tank.

Suddenly Turretless.

Javelins are lurking:

www.ukrinform.net...

Anybody think there were survivors?

Javelins are badass.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

And if he isn’t successful?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

PLEASE, don't try that without us.

There are small but absolutely critical holes in your capabilities in this area, and going alone would be extremely painful for Europe.

Two F-22 can takeout 6 US F-15s before they even know they are there, seen it happen at Red Flag.... Just saying...lol

edit on 4-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Or is he simply showing restraint?

In a way. Just like the west not getting feet on the ground to avoid all out war in EU he wanted to just walk in take the country to cheers from the people as they are then freed from Nazi rule, or some other really weird view. So, in a way he was not expecting this at all, but we need to just wait as if it goes bad for him we can expect the typical Russian MO to kill and starve people into submission.

1500 more javelins used with 1000s coming might make him change his mind, but is he living in the past as the west just arms the people there with simple to launch highly advance weaponry that will take out pretty much anything moving on land or air?

We also have another scenario that Russia is actually unprepared, poorly trained, antiquated equipment in total disrepair. Kind of like a prize fighter that got fat and lazy.... The US on the other hand has been in real world wars for the last 20+ years. Just think of the equipment advances we have had in the last 20 years from real world testing.

edit on 4-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Putin is aswell showing great restraint as he doesn't want to completely destroy a country unlike what the West does everytime they invade a country.

I don't think restraint is a word in the Russian language. They typically kill and starve the population into submission, just wait if his so called "restraint" doesn't work. BTW if I break into your house and rob you holding a gun against your head the whole time am I showing restraint in not pulling the trigger, or are you just not giving me a reason to do it yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Ever notice though how the Wests' "invasion" (which is moronically inaccurate) is always in response to another rogue nations' invasion or terroristic threats coming from them? I'm sure that part might have gone unnoticed.

But showing great restraint? You show "great restraint" via diplomacy, not by killing kids.

If we were like Russia we be up to 75 states and not just 50...lol

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join