It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Sick. The acts of a criminal regime.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I see this as mostly europe's problem.....

'Nothing to do with us'.

Its oh so familiar.

Sorry mate, but when you have a megalomaniacal nutjob bombing nuclear power plants and dangling the threat of nuclear war over people's heads its very much the world's problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

in situations like this, I just dont like the thought of another Germany after WW1

Thing is, that is what Russia has been since the advent of Putin. Not so much in economic terms, but in terms of toxic national memory -- a nuclear-armed version of the Weimar Republic.

Incredible waste of national potential thanks to Putin's fixation on a past that is now decades gone.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: BigfootNZ

in situations like this, I just dont like the thought of another Germany after WW1

Thing is, that is what Russia has been since the advent of Putin. Not so much in economic terms, but in terms of toxic national memory -- a nuclear-armed version of the Weimar Republic.

Incredible waste of national potential thanks to Putin's fixation on a past that is now decades gone.

Cheers

Thanks for the brain food, I hadn't ever considered a Weimar comparison (until we cancelled russia's markets and currency anyway).

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Fires are out and some parts of the power station still functional.

Thank god for small mercies.

Have to agree all the same, what kind of retarded nut job targets a nuclear power plant???!!!

Someone wants to rig Putin's end of the table to explode, and sharpish, before this crap goes that far south it cant be fixed.
edit on 4-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I've enjoyed your posts so far - well, maybe not 'enjoy', maybe appreciate is a better description.
May not agree with them all but....đź‘Ť

However;

I highly doubt Europe would dare try it without us, they'd get wiped out.

Don't underestimate us.....
And Putin is doing his best to do something those idiots in the EU could never achieve.....unite Europe.
If he carries on doing what he is doing I fear it is only a matter of time before this escalates....I don't think he cares about the implications.

"There is no world without Russia".

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Amen to that Brother.

Someone desperately needs to reign him in.

I read recently that he's started distancing himself from even his closest old allies, friends from his old KGB days in St. Petersburg/Leningrad etc.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Reports that Lukashenko in Belarus has said his armed forces will not join in the attack on Ukraine.

Misquoted? Disinformation?

More to come I 'spose.

www.reuters.com...

Cheers
edit on 4-3-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I've enjoyed your posts so far - well, maybe not 'enjoy', maybe appreciate is a better description.
May not agree with them all but....đź‘Ť

However;

I highly doubt Europe would dare try it without us, they'd get wiped out.

Don't underestimate us.....
And Putin is doing his best to do something those idiots in the EU could never achieve.....unite Europe.
If he carries on doing what he is doing I fear it is only a matter of time before this escalates....I don't think he cares about the implications.

"There is no world without Russia".

Thanks!

I know it's messy and annoying, just not aware of another effective method that fits within T&C.

I would never underestimate Europe.

I really didn't mean it that way at all.

However, there are a few items that would be absolutely essential to successfully enforce a no fly zone of that magnitude, and as far as I know, the U.S. is the only country that has those things right now

PLEASE, don't try that without us.

There are small but absolutely critical holes in your capabilities in this area, and going alone would be extremely painful for Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Reports that Lukashenko in Belarus has said his armed forces will not join in the attack on Ukraine.

Misquoted? Disinformation?

More to come I 'spose.

Cheers

Someone sees the writing on the wall.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That mans another arsehole but its at least something if true and shows dissent towards Putin's will and plan of action to some degree.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

It may be a formality. Belarus could send a legion of 'volunteers' as a way of saving face with Putin.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

More cannon fodder and lambs to the slaughter then.

If they are not trained soldiers they have no right being on a battlefield bar in defence of there own nation.

After all correct tool for the correct task and all that jazz.

So as to allow bad men to blame there tools also i imagine.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I'm thinking something like those legions Germany used in the Baltic lands after World War I. Trained soldiers, but not directly connected to the owning state.

No doubt Lukashenko has ways of making his troops 'volunteer' for such duty.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

More cannon fodder and lambs to the slaughter then.

If they are not trained soldiers they have no right being on a battlefield bar in defence of there own nation.

After all correct tool for the correct task and all that jazz.

So as to allow bad men to blame there tools also i imagine.

This is regarding the Belarus army 'volunteers' (no such thing as volunteer there of course), not civilians.

Belarus just slapped putin with both gloves.

russia begged belarus, russia's 'pullet state', for it's 30k soldiers to help with the russian disaster of an invasion in Ukraine.

That puppet state just said NO.

Publicly.

This is shocking.

Very shocking.

Belarus, russia's puppet state, just acknowledged to the planet that the russian army is getting creamed in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well the truth does tend to sting.

Hopefully it will encourage Putin to "bee"have.

Or at least start to conduct himself in a manner more conducive where a cease to hostility is concerned.

Chance would be a fine thing indeed all the same.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Belarus officials already know they've stuck their head in the fan regarding relations with the West. The ongoing stunt with migrants from all over the world magically appearing on the EU's border was dumb and only played Belarus further into Putin's hands. Lukashenko may be sweating a bit now. Wonder if he'll release a dissident or two.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Don't panic troops.

Supposedly the Pope is being brought in to resolve matters with Putin.

Its all good.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

He's not only united Europe, he's pushed Moldova and Georgia towards the EU and Sweden and Finland to NATO.

Way to go Putin! That is what he wanted, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
2 x B52h flying over Budapest northwards

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join