It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

Anyone knows what happened to the convoy? I found only that it is stalled. Fuel problems AGAIN?

Javelin problems.

Leading to 'fuel' problems.

Oh, and supidest russian commanders who drove great russian army straight into it.

Cuz cray cray putin told them to.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Why TF is everyone always so unwilling to also "cancel" China?

No one's forgiving China their sins, but lets be realistic, China doesn't have armament trained on civilians in Japan claiming Japan is theirs. When they do, they will face equal cancellation im sure.

As far as Taiwan China isn't making a move against Taiwan, i dunno, maybe the former President should have rallied Europe and NATO...... oh wait....

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

That's such a jaded way to look at things. A spade is usually a spade, you know.
edit on 1-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: wordforword

One of the videos I saw was of a captured Russian soldier who said they were told that Ukraine had capitulated and were ordered to drive to Kiev. Russia is having supply line issues (fuel and the latest is food). There are more and more videos popping up of captured Russians as well as captured intact equipment so yeah I have the same thoughts as you on some truth to the reports.

Since the President of Belarus had a meeting with his commanders, and the release of the picture that shows the complete Russian invasion plan of Ukraine.

Something weird is going on.

Well, there is the theory that Putin was going for a slow overtake with little damage and this had to be 'the first batch' consisting of fresh recruits for ambushing and depleting the resistance (like blood letting) and then topped up with the real deal. Everybody is saying, this can't be Putin's real army!

I think, he didn't expect such resistance from the West. Just a slap on a wrist, like with Crimea. Couple sanctions, couple told offs. Carry on with the evil plan.

And then all this about his recruits starting to realize they are just the cannon fodder and starting to capitulate... Is it still Plan A or we are way down the alphabet now?

The main question is, even if he will succeed with Ukraine's invasion, what is the end game here? He had just divided the world. How does the positive outcome could look like in all this mess?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
Is it possible somebody can TL;DR me on this war?

I believe something here isnt being told (as usual). MSM is telling me Putin bad, everyone else good! then im understanding that Putin is probably doing something right!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... dont have to frame everything within a conspiracy.

TLDR

Russia lied about what it was doing, American intel was right, Russia invaded, Putin underestimated the entire situation from go to woe, forced and lied to his front line troops to invade, invasions become a complete mess logistically and supply wise, Russian troop morale is going to hell to the point quite a few are surrendering or sabotaging their own equipment, Ukrainians from all walks of life are giving no quarter, rest of the worlds sending help to the Ukraine even countries like god damn Switzerland are taking the side of Ukraine...

But who knows what Putins gonna do when hes cornered or gets tired of it, since he basically told everyone ill nuke your ass if you interfere more or less.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: Xcathdra

I saw some video earlier where some Ukrainians were rummaging through some abandoned Russian armored vehicles.among the items were some MREs that had an expiration date of 2015.

I dont know which would kill you faster - combat or eating an expired MRE.

Certainly helps explain the low morale reports among Russian units

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I saw some video earlier where some Ukrainians were rummaging through some abandoned Russian armored vehicles.among the items were some MREs that had an expiration date of 2015.

MRE.

Definately the MRE.

Damn near rat poison status after that long.

Was probably produced before 9/11.

These are russian MREs, which believe it or not, are FAR worse than ours.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The expiry date is a best before date
they are good for at least 5 years after expiration.
Ive seen Vietnam era rations being consumed with no problems

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I’m not sure about Russian mres but ours if properly stored would still be good. Might look weird but still edible. Why waste something when the end result in combat is uncertainty.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Apparently expired MRE are alright to eat way past their date. It just doesn't look pretty when you put it together with the Russian soldiers not wanting to participate in Putin's war.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Thats it isn't it - there isn't an end game / outcome now. Putin destroys (demilitarises) Ukraine, annexes the bits he wants, walks away and its all over ? i doubt it. And the longer it goes on the more a cornered mentality will prevail. Slow advance - throw in more desperate measures. Protests at home - crack down. Ruined economy - what is there to lose ? - im going to get lynched by own people or the army will revolt anyway - dangerous moments

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

If I were in those guys position and I saw that my government had provided us with 7 years expired MREs, then I'd know immediately just how much they think of me. I'd give the same amount of effort in return. It's just shameful; never mind whether or not they are still edible.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
a reply to: 38181

Just ask them for a ride you're familiar with, I'm sure we can get someone to donate one to Ukraine for you.

(A few obvious exclusions of course)

Watch for the crazy guy riding into Kiev in an old LAV painted fire engine red with 25mm welded to the roof.

That's me.

Send a wing wave.

Okay, pacifist!

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

Anyone knows what happened to the convoy? I found only that it is stalled. Fuel problems AGAIN?

Javelin problems.

Leading to 'fuel' problems.

Oh, and supidest russian commanders who drove great russian army straight into it.

Cuz cray cray putin told them to.

Ukrainians are smart let the tanks pass by and wait for fuel trucks. Destroy them and the tank runs out of gas. Russia has always had logistics problems it really is their Achilles heel.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pjb267

Well, here's to hoping then, there yet exists 1983 era Stanislav Petrov's still hanging around the NDCC

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I don't believe (hope) he would ever go strategic, but i could see him trying a tactical strike if the army started to desert in large numbers. I assume tactical strike authority is further down the food chain and they too would refuse. But then again Putin is borderline insane and under huge personal pressure now so who knows ?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

The expiry date is a best before date
they are good for at least 5 years after expiration.
Ive seen Vietnam era rations being consumed with no problems

Well in that particular instance the MRE is 7 years past the best if used by date.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Watch for the crazy guy riding into Kiev in an old LAV painted fire engine red with 25mm welded to the roof.

That's me.

If this is true, if you can PM me with a name and some contact info they can rely on, I will send those friends of mine your way who are wishing to get back into the fight

Feel free to PM

I thought the 'fire engine red' might give it away as a humor attempt, I have a REALLY dry sense humor.

I'll try to be more obvious next time.

I'm not going anywhere.

Too old.

Not dumb enough to ride a parade vehicle into a war zone anyway.

So I do what I can from here.

Ope! You fooled me! Apologies.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ
I get what your saying but no..... im freakishly highly intuitive... and im saying this stinks to high hell. Definately not just a cigar! Especially if countries like swiss are taking sides.

I think its a mistake to corner putin, he has only one way to go and if you stop him he will have no choice but to escalate.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Xtrozero

They won't give a monkeys about so called damage to "economy, money, supplies."
These things are all temporary.
Germany can't operate without Russian gas, much of EU too.
Economic ties will go back to normal at some point in the future.
Indeed this is the old world, the future is India and China. Putin has developed extremely good economic ties with both.
Russia without Ukraine is a regional power.
Russia with Ukraine and a few other FSU states is once again a super power

I disagree

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join