It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

• Aircraft flying over Kharkiv, explosions heard

• Aerial strike targeted tank academy in Kharkiv. Multiple secondary explosions heard

• Kyiv: aerial strike on Rusanivka, Vyshneve, Kurenivka Boyarka and Zhulyany

• Big explosion reported in Zhytomir

• Russian aerial strike on Bila Tserkva

• Some civil hospital in Belgorod converted to military hospital to treat wounded in invasion of Ukraine

• Zhytomyr: aerial bombardment targeted residential house near hospital. Rubble on the site of strike, damage to hospital

• Zhytomyr: 10 houses destroyed, 3 caught fire, windows smashed in city hospital. 2 killed, 3 wounded. Rescuers looking for survivors under rubble

• In Kharkov, an air strike targeted the barracks of the flight school, they are on fire - Ministry of Internal Affairs.

liveuamap.com...
(refresh if it doesn't load)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Not surprising. Population ~9000. I'm sure Ukrainians are primarily concerned with Kiev at the moment; probably have consolidated most of their resources to their capitol city. I hear they have fortified things quite well within the city limits and plan on a long haul.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
European plan to donate fighter jets to Ukraine collapses:

Tuesday, Bulgaria and Slovakia said there was no deal to send fighters, and the Polish president, appearing at a Polish air base alongside NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg, said no planes would be flying any time soon.
www.politico.com...
www.newsweek.com...
edit on pmTuesdayTuesday20500000003pm3 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human
I found that entire report to be far-fetched from the beginning. I just don't see how it would make sense in many ways. Maybe they could lend them some UAVs (drones).

link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

This is RIGHT on the border with Crimea.

The 300 total current occupants have been under near constant attack 24x7 for a week.

russians keep driving in after their artillery barrage to start celebrating great russian victory.

Then the 300 appear on rooftops and more russians die.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Seriously.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

This JUST happened in the last hour.

Zelinsky announced it himself on camera.

Said he just fired some ambassadors for preventing folks from coming.

Said the ambassadors will be tried for treason.

Well that clarifies why we were getting dif intel lol

I will let them know for sure

Keep your head down and your ammo close!

All you need to know if you really want to join the Battle of Ukraine on the right side of history:

kyivindependent.com... nt-to-help-ukraines-military-as-a-foreigner-heres-what-you-can-do/

There's a Facebook page for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
* - In Kharkov, an air strike targeted the barracks of the flight school, they are on fire - Ministry of Internal Affairs.

* - Zhytomyr: 10 houses destroyed, 3 caught fire, windows smashed in city hospital. 2 killed, 3 wounded. Rescuers looking for survivors under rubble

* - Zhytomyr: aerial bombardment targeted residential house near hospital. Rubble on the site of strike, damage to hospital

* - Some civil hospital in Belgorod converted to military hospital to treat wounded in invasion of Ukraine

* - Russian aerial strike on Bila Tserkva

* - Big explosion reported in Zhytomir

* - Kyiv: aerial strike on Rusanivka, Vyshneve, Kurenivka Boyarka and Zhulyany

* - Aerial strike targeted tank academy in Kharkiv. Multiple secondary explosions heard

* - Aircraft flying over Kharkiv, explosions heard

* - When asked what help Ukraine needs from US and NATO, Ukrainian FM told @amanpour "air force and anti-missile defense, and weapons." "We are fighting in the air, but physically Russia has more planes to deploy to Ukraine than we have.we need better protection from the sky

* - Reports that the websites of @tvrain & @EchoMskRu are already being blocked in Russia

* - Massive reactive artillery fire targeting Mariupol

* - Secretary of the Security Council of Ukraine Danilov announced the neutralization of Kadyrov's militants who planned to kill Zelensky

* - Attack on Kyiv TV center: Five people were killed and five wounded in the strike, reports the State Emergency Service

* - Heavy shelling near Kharkiv now

* - Russian advance on Kyiv remains "basicallywhere it was yesterday" senior defense official told reporters today. "The Russians are not only facing "fuel and sustainment" problems, but are showing signs that they are running out of food, the official claimed

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What happened to Russia's Air Force? U.S. officials, experts stumped

Before Russia's invasion of Ukraine, U.S. intelligence had predicted a likely blistering assault by Moscow that would quickly mobilize the vast Russian air power that its military assembled in order to dominate Ukraine's skies.

But the first six days have confounded those expectations and instead seen Moscow act far more delicately with its air power, so much so that U.S. officials can't exactly explain what's driving Russia's apparent risk-adverse behavior.

"They're not necessarily willing to take high risks with their own aircraft and their own pilots," a senior U.S. defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The confusion over how Russia has used its air force comes as President Joe Biden's administration rejects calls by Kyiv for a no-fly zone that could draw the United States directly into a conflict with Russia, whose future plans for its air force are unclear.

Military experts have seen evidence of a lack of Russian air force coordination with ground troop formations, with multiple Russian columns of troops sent forward beyond the reach of their own air defense cover.

That leaves Russian soldiers vulnerable to attack from Ukrainian forces, including those newly equipped with Turkish drones and U.S. and British anti-tank missiles.

The United States estimates that Russia is using just over 75 aircraft in its Ukraine invasion, the senior U.S. official said.

Ahead of the invasion, officials had estimated that Russia had potentially readied hundreds of the thousands of aircraft in its air force for a Ukraine mission. However, the senior U.S. official on Tuesday declined to estimate how many Russian combat aircraft, including attack helicopters, might still be available and outside Ukraine.

Both sides are taking losses.

"We do have indications that they've lost some (aircraft), but so have the Ukrainians," the official said.

"The airspace is actively contested every day."

My thinking is that the Russians want Ukraine as intact as possible and the restraint is intentional, but then again there are the reports of the logistical problems that they are having that make me second guess that.

I think they should just agree to a cease-fire and go back to their bases honestly.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Anyone knows what happened to the convoy? I found only that it is stalled. Fuel problems AGAIN?

edit on 1-3-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ukrainian Navy: Garrison of Snake Island Survived Bombardment

Ukraine's navy has announced that the 13-man garrison of Snake Island is alive and well, reversing earlier reports that they had been killed by Russian Navy forces
All 13 are alive, and have been taken captive by the Russian Navy
maritime-executive.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
* - "Our message to President Putin is: stop the war, pull out all your forces from Ukraine & engage in good faith in diplomatic efforts; the world stands with Ukraine," - SG @jensstoltenberg at a press conference in Tapa Estonia with PM @KajaKallas & PM @BorisJohnson

* - Ukrainian military intelligence warns about possible provocation by Russian special services for formal involvement of Belarusian troops into Russian war against Ukraine (Belarus forces crossed the border yesterday north of Kiev where Belarus, Russia and Ukraine borders intersect)

* - Russian military claims Air Defense system destroyed Tochka ballistic missile at Tahanrog airbase

* - Airstrike at public media center in Kyiv

* - Russian aircraft destroyed 2 residential buildings in Borodyanka, Kyiv region

* - Russian missile targeted area of TV tower in Kyiv

* - At today's security council meeting, Lukashenka showed what looks like an actual invasion map. It shows Ukraine military facilities destroyed by missiles from Belarus, attacks directions (everything agrees except Odessa-Transnistria). Also, Ukraine is divided into 4 sectors

* - Fabrika mall in Kherson is on fire after rocket attack by Russian troops

* - Reports of Russian bomber aircraft shot and crashed near Losk market in Kharkiv

* - Ukrainian helicopters have struck and destroyed Russian troops in Mykolaiv oblast

* - Explosions renewed in Kharkiv

* - Security Service of Ukraine showing video of captured Russian soldier: "we were told Zelensky has already capitulated and we need just to drive to Kyiv"

* - Explosion rocked military airfield in Tahanrog, possible damage to aircraft

* - The Russian Army is now even abandoning its most capable SAM systems (Tor-M2) in the field. These systems are meant to protect Russian troops from drone attacks
**- Pentagon official says Russian troops have 'deliberately punched holes' in their own gas tanks 'presumably' to avoid combat as morale declines: report

As a reminder -

Just so people know and understand. Information from war zones can become confusing as there will no doubt be info released from the players (on both sides) involved that might not necessarily be true.

As such take everything as a possibility and NOT as absolute truth.

The very first casualty in a war is the truth and all warfare is based on deception

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Which scenario play out though. Do the people look at their goverment or do they look at the world and see an us vs them.

With a lot of communications being shut down they will be getting mostly Russian propaganda.
edit on 3/1/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

* - The Russian Army is now even abandoning its most capable SAM systems (Tor-M2) in the field. These systems are meant to protect Russian troops from drone attacks
**- Pentagon official says Russian troops have 'deliberately punched holes' in their own gas tanks 'presumably' to avoid combat as morale declines: report

Way too many videos and reports out there about Russian troops surrendering. There must be at least some truth in all this.

...I think they want to call their moms.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

wonder if they can get that thing pointed at that really big convoy......would be a shame if it got hit by those rockets a shame indeed

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

One of the videos I saw was of a captured Russian soldier who said they were told that Ukraine had capitulated and were ordered to drive to Kiev. Russia is having supply line issues (fuel and the latest is food). There are more and more videos popping up of captured Russians as well as captured intact equipment so yeah I have the same thoughts as you on some truth to the reports.

Since the President of Belarus had a meeting with his commanders, and the release of the picture that shows the complete Russian invasion plan of Ukraine.

Something weird is going on.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm telling you folks, we need to waych the quieter countries not saying much. They're trying to avoid being noticed for a reason.

Mexico Won't Sanction Russia in Order to Maintain 'Good Relations'

That, coupled with Pakistan quietly inking commodities deals with Russia in the middle of a war (first I heard of it anyway) is smelling strongly of... Well, I think we'll gain a better idea of just what kind of "friend" we are considered abroad. Seriously, didn't expect Mexico to hang back like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I think it's safe to say that if our government(s) conscripted us, under trained us, lied to us about the nature of the military exercise and then sent us to the front lines of an invasion against, in many cases, our own blood, and did this under the threat of decades of imprisonment or death...I think it's safe to say that most of us would surrender/defect at the absolute first opportunity.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I saw some video earlier where some Ukrainians were rummaging through some abandoned Russian armored vehicles.among the items were some MREs that had an expiration date of 2015.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm telling you folks, we need to waych the quieter countries not saying much. They're trying to avoid being noticed for a reason.

Mexico Won't Sanction Russia in Order to Maintain 'Good Relations'

That, coupled with Pakistan quietly inking commodities deals with Russia in the middle of a war (first I heard of it anyway) is smelling strongly of... Well, I think we'll gain a better idea of just what kind of "friend" we are considered abroad. Seriously, didn't expect Mexico to hang back like that.

Me either.

Pakistan wasn't surprising at all, we know russia isn't alone, but mexico certainly was.

Perhaps the next battle will be in my neck of the woods?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is it possible somebody can TL;DR me on this war?

I believe something here isnt being told (as usual). MSM is telling me Putin bad, everyone else good! then im understanding that Putin is probably doing something right!

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join