It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh, the irony...

Airstrikes on Kyiv hit a Holocaust memorial, Ukrainian official says

www.cnn.com...

While bombing those Ukranian "neo-nazis".

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I can't verify what is said, but apparently a captured Russian soldier is saying that they just leave the wounded and kill them instead of bringing them to get help. Twitter

Nope.

Twitter took down Putin's 2nd attempt too.

Wanna go for the russian propaganda hat trick?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I'm sorry if I maybe misunderstood your post. The original tweet had the translation fixed.

I thought the soldier was saying that his own unit killed the wounded. From your comment you mean it's actually saying the Ukrainians killed them? I thought the opposite. Along with most of the the replies. That the Russians do not want to deal with their own wounded, would rather kill and leave them.

I didn't even see what it said

Twitter keeps labeling it russian propaganda and deleting it.

TWITTER is accusing you of being a russian propaganda purveyor this time, not me.

Crazy times.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
New pic of Putin is getting lots of attention. It was taken in in Moscow while he was sitting with the Governor of Saint Petersburg Alexander Beglov.

Man, he doesn't look happy.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Going back to the big picture for a moment .
Russia has invaded Ukraine fact
Belarus has now invaded Ukraine fact

At what point can outside nations step in to help on the ground and in the air ??

I appreciate the humanitarian effort and supply of munitions but seriously at what point does the rest of the world say enough is enough and help defend borders ??

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Looks like Dobbie the House Elf out of Harry Potter?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword
New pic of Putin is getting lots of attention. It was taken in in Moscow while he was sitting with the Governor of Saint Petersburg Alexander Beglov.

Man, he doesn't look happy.

Putin has the " blank expression " of a mad man.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles

At what point can outside nations step in to help on the ground and in the air ??

Never going to happen. Boris today and Biden previously sated this.

It's WW3 if we shoot down a Russian aircraft............... For what?

Yes it's horrendous what's going down for the people and soldiers / cannon fodder on both sides, but WW3 over this internal Slavic conflict? Never going to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: too early to speculate

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think he has a problem He has just shown the World how actually weak he is - Very dangerous I was just thinking America would Rick Roll him if it wasn't for nukes . Russia isn't conventionally powerful at all .

He's going to launch a nuke if he's not stopped .

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

No earlier than Friday, which is when NATO meets next to discuss the situation. They are calling it an "emergency" meeting; though to me an emergency is more urgent than a 3-day wait. Honestly, I don't think real help is ever coming; not unless it spills over onto the soil of a NATO nation.

Edit: Ukraine's best bet is to get in a dogfight near the Polish border and pray that a Russian Mig is dumb enough to cross into Polish airspace.
edit on 1-3-2022 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

(post by matafuchs removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No problem. I was just confused. This one is still up, so that's good. I'm definitely not Russian propagandist..

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I think you're right his tactics will work in securing Ukraine

Like him or loathe him Putin is building back the equal to the USSR and he has done this brilliantly while the rest of the world has done jack sh*t

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Its entertaining watching all of this go down. WE have known the media are liars for several years but as soon as a "war" starts people come out of the woodwork and start to eat up everything they see on the news as if it were real. The media has faked stuff for as long as its been around to push the narrative. WWII was most likely where it turned to the scale its at now with eth propaganda on all sides.

It is interesting listening to these reports and seeing the differences in some of the reports of civilians living in Ukraine that are not being paid by someone to promote something a certain way it for sure is a different take than what is mostly being pushed.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles

I appreciate the humanitarian effort and supply of munitions but seriously at what point does the rest of the world say enough is enough and help defend borders ??

We can't.

NONE of us like it.

But we just can't.

putin is off his rocker crazy and threatening wide scale nuclear war if anyone gets directky involved.

We've gotten pretty good at shooting down rusty russian firecrackers, but we aren't able to reliably hit ALL of them at once yet, so just can't risk it.

The planet can't risk it. Our only option would be to completely glass russia the second russia showed any indication of a potential launch.

Wish I had better news, but this isn't likely to change.

Best to drop this one and focus on finding other ways we can help Ukraine, we'll do almost anything else.

edit on 1-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No problem. I was just confused. This one is still up, so that's good. I'm definitely not Russian propagandist..

Which one?

Doesn't work for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I know, you are brainwashed democrat.

Have never seen you spread any russian propaganda except the democrat's great hoax fest.

But never when russia was the intended beneficiary of the propaganda.

Russia always WAS the beneficiary, but you didn't know at the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Back here in reality...

Russia just committed national suicide.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

You might enjoy this article by Glenn Greenwald:

War Propaganda About Ukraine Becoming More Militaristic, Authoritarian, and Reckless

There is no propaganda as potent or powerful as war propaganda. It seems that one must have lived through it at least once, as an engaged adult, to understand how it functions, how it manipulates and distorts, and how one can resist being consumed by it.

millions of Americans — either due to age or previous political indifference — began paying attention to politics for the first time in 2016 due to fear of Trump, and thus knew little to nothing about anything that preceded it. Such people had no defenses against the propaganda narrative and deceitful tactics because, for them, it was all new. They had never experienced it before and thus had no concept of who they were applauding and how such official government/media disinformation campaigns are constructed. Each generation is thus easily programmed and exploited by the same propaganda systems, no matter how discredited they were previously.

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join