It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Germany had to take over leadership of NATO if it was to survive. BIDEN POLICY WAS LEAD FROM BEHIND AND ITS NOT WORKING.

Found this interesting Putin is attempting to assassinate zelenskyy

meaww.com...
edit on 2/28/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

.....total crazies coming out the wood work

None more so than Putin.....and those who are supporting him.

The whole things a sh*t show being honest and realistic about it. Russia a gangster state, Ukraine a gangster state all controlled by the mafia.

Says it all when Ukraine sending one of the very top gangsters Chelsea Abramovich to do they negotiating for them.

Shame for the Russian and Ukraines people stuck in the middle

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Freeborn

.....total crazies coming out the wood work

None more so than Putin.....and those who are supporting him.

The whole things a sh*t show being honest and realistic about it. Russia a gangster state, Ukraine a gangster state all controlled by the mafia.

Says it all when Ukraine sending one of the very top gangsters Chelsea Abramovich to do they negotiating for them.

Shame for the Russian and Ukraines people stuck in the middle

not much of a negotiation, most likely.

"will you surrender now, or after we'll nuke you?"

gangsta-style.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
Mostly correct.

But look a little close please.

Go to the source and look as close as you like. What I said was all correct. Germany, like the majority of NATO members, renege on their commitments, which they made in 2006, to spend 2% of their GDP on defence.

NATO 2% spend, from NATO and opens in a PDF

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Too right Jedi while at the same time what if Vlad offers to divide Ukraine and west gets away with going west and east go Russian?

The way Moscow have avoided full on Grozny style leveling of the major ciities which will destroy the city defenders leads me to believe Vlad wants a deal.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Germany had to take over leadership of NATO if it was to survive. BIDEN POLICY WAS LEAD FROM BEHIND AND ITS NOT WORKING.

As you know, never cared anything for Biden.....but Germany will NEVER lead the UK in anything.
This is a significant change of policy by Germany but its only what they should have been doing for years now and it by no way means they are leading anything....the UK could never be a party to that.

I'm not a war hawk, not by any stretch, but only an imbecile would have failed to see that any weakening of NATO was idiotic.

Found this interesting Putin is attempting to assassinate zelenskyy

Mercenaries?
Maybe Zelensky could offer them double to take out Putin instead....it'd do the whole world a massive favour.

edit on 28/2/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The way Moscow have avoided full on Grozny style leveling of the major ciities which will destroy the city defenders leads me to believe Vlad wants a deal.

I'm certain it has absolutely nothing to do with being utterly choked off financially by.....well the whole world except (huge eyeroll) Belarus.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

....what if Vlad offers to divide Ukraine and west gets away with going west and east go Russian?

That's just the thing, its not Putin's place to 'offer' or 'divide' anything....its up to the Ukrainian people themselves to decide.

All whilst threatening nuclear war.
The man wants to impose his will on everyone and sugarcoat it as a 'deal'.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u
Mostly correct.

But look a little close please.

Go to the source and look as close as you like. What I said was all correct. Germany, like the majority of NATO members, renege on their commitments, which they made in 2006, to spend 2% of their GDP on defence.

NATO 2% spend, from NATO and opens in a PDF

I did not disagree.

Just suggested that you look closer at a couple of specific things.

Every EU country (not including UK in this) has been submitting fake numbers, because they improperly include unrelated expenses in NATO contributions.

Democrats went all ragey every time Trump pointed this out.

Some apparantly still do.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

There's more going on here than just Putin folks

Simple truth there. He is a figurehead just like ANY of the US presidents. Russia indeed turned into a mob state after the fall of the Soviet Union, and is still firmly under that grip. We are dealing with 'shadow people'.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Very true FB it is up to the Ukranians. The 20% Russian speakers also need to be heard too if a future similar incident is to be avoided. Not taking sides they all bunch of mafia ruled people. Interesting how the media obsessed with the fighting now yet pretty much ignored when for 8 years the Russian east was under attack from Kiev tower blocks shelled, thousands dead but hardly a mention in our MSM

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Germany, like the majority of NATO members, renege on their commitments, which they made in 2006, to spend 2% of their GDP on defence.

Well, Germany, for their part, seem to have seen the error of their ways by being so flippant about NATO defense spending and are now trying to correct that.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I'm certain it has absolutely nothing to do with being utterly choked off financially by.....well the whole world except (huge eyeroll) Belarus.

It step by step, turn the screw. Steady for now until he can get a deal and split the country. Who knows, but I'm scared this thing gets out of control and we al know Putin hates Britain Numero Uno in the list and I'm stuck in the middle of this island just wating for an ICBM to finish us off if cooler heads don't prevail

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The 20% Russian speakers also need to be heard too

Whose voice is it? Theirs or Putins?

if a future similar incident is to be avoided.

The solution to this is easy, stop friggin invading other countries, and it will be avoided.

Interesting how the media obsessed with the fighting now yet pretty much ignored when for 8 years the Russian east was under attack from Kiev tower blocks shelled

You mean the shelling during which time Russia annexed Crimea which they had no right to claim as their own? The media didn't ignore a thing, you did.

ETA: It really doesn't matter now though, what was or wasn't done to prevent this from happening. Right now, the world needs to figure out how to deal with this (if we can) then start making plans on prevention. Though my gut tells me there is no prevention, man's gotta be man....the fish gotta be the fish.
edit on 28-2-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Too right
it really don't matter about the past, its now that counts

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Mayor of Kharkiv and former police chief arrested and charged with treason
Source Kyiv independent

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Watching the UN general assembly. Ukrainian representative says Russia was never a member of UN because the charter wasn't followed to let them in....asked for a show of hands by nations that voted for Russia to be a member...no hands went up. Looks like Russia is about to get booted.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Seems to me Putin's deals amount to do exactly what i say and wish or else BANG!

The man is a tyrant, and if there was ever any doubt he put pale to the notion via his actions.

Only way this can end well for Russia is if he is deposed by his own people.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not good for Zelenskyy

Kremlin sends 400 Russian mercenaries into Kyiv on mission to assassinate Zelenskyy

Fox

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

An interesting article on Putin, again from the BBC but....

www.bbc.co.uk...

"He'd never annex Crimea, surely?" He did.
"He'd never start a war in the Donbas." He did.
"He'd never launch a full-scale invasion of Ukraine." He has.
I've concluded that the phrase "would never do" doesn't apply to Vladimir Putin.
And that raises an uncomfortable question:
"He'd never press the nuclear button first. Would he?"

"To anyone who would consider interfering from the outside - if you do, you will face consequences greater than any you have faced in history."

"Putin's words sound like a direct threat of nuclear war," believes Nobel Peace Prize laureate Dmitry Muratov, chief editor of the Novaya Gazeta newspaper.

"In that TV address, Putin wasn't acting like the master of the Kremlin, but the master of the planet; in the same way the owner of a flash car shows off by twirling his keyring round his finger, Putin was twirling the nuclear button. He's said many times: if there is no Russia, why do we need the planet? No one paid any attention. But this is a threat that if Russia isn't treated as he wants, then everything will be destroyed."

In a 2018 documentary, President Putin commented that "…if someone decides to annihilate Russia, we have the legal right to respond. Yes, it will be a catastrophe for humanity and for the world. But I'm a citizen of Russia and its head of state. Why do we need a world without Russia in it?"

Its hard to reason with a man like that.

And bear in mind the man is literally fearless.
KGB assessors said that he literally had no fear of anything, at all.

I really can't see any other option than removing him from the equation, one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join