It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: andy06shake

You're right too. Striking the right balance is something professionals do.

Knowing what the thresholds should be of goading someone, is a skill all leaders and wannabe leaders should be forced into training for.

Yes, global leaders should have tact.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As I alluded to earlier, a cease-fire is the first step.

France will submit resolution for ceasefire and Ukraine humanitarian access to UN Security Council

France will submit a resolution Monday to the United Nations Security Council calling for “unhindered humanitarian access” in Ukraine as well as a ceasefire, according to a statement from the Elysée Palace Sunday.

Following a flurry of calls between French President Emmanuel Macron and world leaders this weekend, the president and his counterparts recognized “the need to work on the conditions for the proper delivery of humanitarian aid to Ukraine,” according to the Elysée.

The French resolution will aim to “guarantee unhindered humanitarian access to meet the urgent needs of the remaining population in Ukraine,” the statement said.
Additionally, France will call for a ceasefire which “must precede any peace talks,” the statement said.

Macron held calls this weekend with leaders from: Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, the European Union and European Council, Greece, Georgia and Moldova. He also spoke with Belarus’ president.

He held calls Sunday with leaders from Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Abu Dhabi and the EU Commission.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: majesticgent

“Our airspace will be closed to every Russian plane. And that includes the private jets of oligarchs too," she added.

The Russians will likely do the same and EU's trade with be blocked.

We don't want any trade with russia anymore.

Why would we?

Not paying attention?

Block whatever you want.

We REALLY don't care.

So this is a deal-breaker, but the PLA holding prisoners of faith like organ cattle for the wealthy isn't? Hopefully you are on board with banning all China trade too?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Multiple reports of the EU providing Ukraine fighter jets...

Ummm... I'm not so sure about this one. Even if true, how will they be trained to fly these fighter jets? It's not like they can just hop in and know what to do...

IF true (I don't know anything on this), I'm sure it's russian models that Ukrainian pilots and crew are already familiar with. Some EU countries have access to a whole lot of these, and Ukraine has plenty of experienced pilots & crew.

We aren't gonna be giving them anything close to modern gear.

They haven't earned that much trust yet.

Though they sure are getting a lot closer to that in a hurry.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: LetTheColdCome

I AM a pacifist.

Takes a WHOLE lot to get me to support ANY kind of violence

What putin just did clears that hurdle by a country mile.

I might be interested in everyone's nuances again someday, but for now am laser focused on what putin just did.

Was entirely his choice.

His behavior is completely unacceptable to anyone on the planet not named china.

Not interested in anything else right now

I respect your perspective. But pacifists usually don’t get triggered by events that are happening thousands of miles away (I’m assuming you live in the US - obviously that could be wrong) and start making comments about how they have a few buddies from “back in the day” that can help push those rooskies back into their hole.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Yes.

Have said so MANY times.

I occasionally work with ccp's MOST hated dissident.

(Not since wuhan-19, he called everyone off for now)

Doing everything I can about ccp.

But until ccp starts the invading, I only have so many tools in the box.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

It seems far-fetched, but we'll see.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Multiple reports of the EU providing Ukraine fighter jets...

Ummm... I'm not so sure about this one. Even if true, how will they be trained to fly these fighter jets? It's not like they can just hop in and know what to do...

Good question. I'm not an expert. Former USAF but not on the flight line. Some former Eastern Bloc countries still have Russian aircraft in their arsenal. For instance, Poland has Migs and Sukhoi's in addition to western aircraft. Germany used to have Russian aircraft which they used to train other NATO countries but a quick look at Wikipedia doesn't mention them.
Whether the reports are true, I have no idea. But, now that you have asked about it, I am trying to search it out.
Any of our dedicated miltary experts can probably give a better answer.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Reports that both France and the US urge their citizens to leave Russia. I'm not sure why France issued the alert, but the US says that US citizens may be stuck in Russia since civilian flights out are drying up.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome

a reply to: LetTheColdCome

I AM a pacifist.

Takes a WHOLE lot to get me to support ANY kind of violence

What putin just did clears that hurdle by a country mile.

I might be interested in everyone's nuances again someday, but for now am laser focused on what putin just did.

Was entirely his choice.

His behavior is completely unacceptable to anyone on the planet not named china.

Not interested in anything else right now

I respect your perspective. But pacifists usually don’t get triggered by events that are happening thousands of miles away (I’m assuming you live in the US - obviously that could be wrong) and start making comments about how they have a few buddies from “back in the day” that can help push those rooskies back into their hole.

Responding to tyrants has some kind of distance limitation?

(other than sharing the same planet)

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes.

Have said so MANY times.

Good to hear. It seems most are just in this for the popularity contest while the CCP has been doing far more to far more people for decades. If they just put this much effort in and were willing to sacrifice a bit, it would solve both problems.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: PatriotGames4u

It seems far-fetched, but we'll see.

Agreed.

I wouldn't believe it at all if not for the incredibly bold German move yesterday.

Just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Yes.

Have said so MANY times.

Good to hear. It seems most are just in this for the popularity contest while the CCP has been doing far more to far more people for decades. If they just put this much effort in and were willing to sacrifice a bit, it would solve both problems.

Someday I might tell you just how much I HATE ccp, and why.

ccp has ALWAYS been my primary target, for decades.

But putin's behavior required immediate attention beginning in early December.

And democrats had been occupying most of my time since their 2020 behavior anyway.

putin first, then democrats.

THEN ccp.

Unless ccp gives us an opening like putin just did.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If this is true, it seems that Russians don't have much hope for the future of their economy:

Moscow, Shabolovskaya. People are standing in huge queues at ATMs - for "Putin's stability and prosperity.

video link:

Twitter

Both Ukrainians and Russians will end up being victims because of one man's ambitions and delusions.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I did hear about the military exploits of the Ukrainian, neo-nazi Azov battalion, but it is a paramilitary group, and not supposedly connected with the democratic leadership of Ukraine. And Putin is acting out on his own neo-fascist Hitler attitude, not only on the Ukrainian battlefield, but in his own homeland as well.

Putin's Lie To Justify Invasion Draws Outrage

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86
CNN very trusted outlet for a news network that had been in the news with criminals on their news outlet.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

Long winded way is to check model on Wikipedia , usually has a list of operators ie SU-25 shows several operators including Bulgaria

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

not supposedly connected with the democratic leadership of Ukraine

Not Publicly.
Ukraine: Far-right protesters clash with police outside president's office in Kyiv

Far-Right March in Kyiv Against Zelenskiy's Leadership

Women and the Azov battalion in Kyiv, Ukraine

Azov battalian is far-right and has a reputation for being a fierce fighting force

The Far Right in Ukraine do attack minorities. The government does nothing about them they just deny them.
edit on 27-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
In a related incident, local farmer helps visiting military head home after running out of fuel.

americasbestpics.com...

'Visiting military'.

Is that the replacement term for 'russian peace keeper' that went over so well yesterday?

Glad the farmers were able to help great russian army tow bestest tank back to mother russia.

I would have just exploded it for LOLs.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ukraine War --- Ukrainian Bayraktar TB2 Drones Destroy Russian Convoys

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join